Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
craigeaglefire

when will AIG AIM OCI be out of Beta

Recommended Posts

just wondering when will AIG AIM OCI be out of Beta,

i note it works with AIRLP & Super Traffic Board - which work well,

also can potentially limit AI traffic with FSUIPC,

& will the current freeware paints be continuously available?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

just wondering when will AIG AIM OCI be out of Beta,

i note it works with AIRLP & Super Traffic Board - which work well,

also can potentially limit AI traffic with FSUIPC,

& will the current freeware paints be continuously available?

Why not try the official forum?

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?board=247.0

Edited by SierraDelta

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.8 Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | GeForce GTX1080 8Gb | MoBo: ASUS Maximus IX Hero | RAM: 32Gb DDR4 2666 | SSDs: 500Gb Samsung M.2 EVO960 (Win drive), 240 Gb Kingston HyperX 3K (P3D drive) | Monitor: 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Win 10 Pro 64-Bit | Prepar3d v5.0 Professional | FTX Global, OpenLC EU, NA | ASP3D (Beta) & ASCA | Chaseplane

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Why not try the official forum?

checked it out, no extra info there - get my info here.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

checked it out, no extra info there - get my info here.

@Kaiii3 is hardly likely to announce here when he has his own forum.


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

Just asking for known AIG info - nothing special,

I’m a sorta Steam/Orbx kinda person - super simple,

stick to just a very few fora,

& try to avoid the ‘rabbit holes’ (like P3D traffic obviously is),

my original question remains.

Share this post


Link to post

Why are you asking this? Are you not willing to jump in as long it is a beta? I am just curious.

I am using it and I am really impressed about the AI addon and its glory and really good config tool. I even don´t understand why it is for free because there are payware addons wich do not offer this kind of quality and config settings!

So if you should hasitate......there is no reason. Also the dev is really strong in support!

Regards Marcus

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Kaiii3 is hardly likely to announce here when he has his own forum.

as long someone tags me here I will try to respond here as well - keeping track in the AIG Forum is already hard, so without tagging here at AVSIM it is very likely I will miss a post that is not int the AI Manager topic.

Back to the question:

We actual added the "BETA" to the last versions so that every User knows that this software and OCI are still under development. And we could actual keep the "BETA" for a long time since this software will grow from time to time. But we decided to remove "BETA" with the next 1.0 release of AIM.

Our release road-map was kind of shaken up by the release of v5. So we decided to move the 1.0 release a bit more and make it v5 ready, but since the first v5 release was not that good we had to postbone AIM 1.0 even further. During that time of waiting for fixes by LM we added some more stuff that was planed for 1.1 and 1.2. This new features are currently still in our internal tests but as soon as they are done (hopefully this Summer) we will release AIM 1.0 together with some other new Software (that will start as "public alpha/beta" like AIM).

 

Regarding the freeware paints: Thats up to the repainters and has nothing to do with AIM. AIM/OCI are just downloading this paints, but I am sure they will remain online for a very long time and many more new paints and models will be made

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Why are you asking this? Are you not willing to jump in as long it is a beta? I am just curious.

I am using it and I am really impressed about the AI addon and its glory and really good config tool. I even don´t understand why it is for free because there are payware addons wich do not offer this kind of quality and config settings!

So if you should hasitate......there is no reason. Also the dev is really strong in support!

Regards Marcus

Well the reason for AIM to be freeware is quite simple:

1) Models, Repaints and Flightplans are freeware as well, so it would not be fair that only the Software is payware

2) AIG has always developed freeware stuff

3) I am developing the software as my hobby - so there might be a day in the future I will stop the development

4) As soon as something is payware the developer has to mantain some level of support

5) AIG has a donation button/PayPal-URL

  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Well the reason for AIM to be freeware is quite simple:

1) Models, Repaints and Flightplans are freeware as well, so it would not be fair that only the Software is payware

2) AIG has always developed freeware stuff

3) I am developing the software as my hobby - so there might be a day in the future I will stop the development

4) As soon as something is payware the developer has to mantain some level of support

5) AIG has a donation button/PayPal-URL

I'd be very happy if every payware developer would provide support on the same level as AIG/Kaii is doing. Thanks for that great ai package and your patient support.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

- Harry J.

i7-7820X (@4.8 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti (3440x1440), SSD 500GB, (Win10x64),  SSDs 1+2 TB (P3Dv5.x + ORBX). FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+OLC, all FTX Regions, all TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NY, CH, MIA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. Weather ASP5. F1 GTN complete. AI Traffic: AIG OCI

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Frankly, it’s so good that I forgot it was technically still a beta.

  • Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 1440p): GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0), i7 7700k @ 4.2Ghz, RTX2080ti, 16GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Frankly, it’s so good that I forgot it was technically still a beta.

not just you ^^ but we get still some bug reports so we are reminded every day that there is still some work to do on the older parts of the tool


AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post

it can be a beta forever as far as I'm concerned.  It does the job and does it very very well

  • Like 1

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM750x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, micstatic said:

it can be a beta forever as far as I'm concerned.  It does the job and does it very very well

haha - but it looks better when the version is not a BETA^^

  • Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post

If every BETA would be as great as this one, we would have a lot less discussions about this greek letter in all simming forums worldwide. Keep it up, great piece of addon!

  • Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i7-8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Prepar3D 4.5

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    22%
    $5,600.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...