Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

July 23rd, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

1 minute ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I'm genuinely curious about the number of real world pilots they have on the alpha/beta/development teams. I have seen a lot of posts from users here who are real world pilots who never got invited. I never did and I have around 6000 hours in airplanes ranging from Cessna to transport category airliners. 

Not knocking them. I just hope they get the flight model right because all that talk about 1000 points on a plane that the environment interacts with seems lost if the basic flight model sucks.

With that said, I'm extremely excited to get my hands on this!

I’m a CPL/IR. Getting my CFI now.

But being a pilot was definitely not a big factor judging by the alpha forums.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bonchie said:

That's what I figured.

Good luck with your CFI. How far along are you in the process? Pm if you want.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

23 minutes ago, bonchie said:

They are responding directly to what’s been going on in the alpha forum. That’s all I’ll say. 

Now you triggered my curiosity! Well done! 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, Carts85 said:

I can’t say with any certainty but I’d be surprised if they have been working on the flight model for 4 years. My bet is the majority of that time was spent on creating the world environment. Could be wrong though but they do seem to churn out improvements pretty quick so I’m not too concerned, I probably fall under the crowd of, a lot will have to wait until post release to see them resolved but, given how great the base sim is, I’m ok with that 😊

and we always have the option of going back to on rails FSX mode in the mean time 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

My guess is, the flight engine is OK, but it needs some tweaking. Maybe a few adaptions and some parameters to be tweaked.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 hours ago, Bottle said:

Not a single hibernating bear in sight. I’m gutted.

If bears were hibernating "in sight", that would be a serious bug. It looks like Asobo have implemented the hibernating bears correctly.  :laugh:

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I'm genuinely curious about the number of real world pilots they have on the alpha/beta/development teams. I have seen a lot of posts from users here who are real world pilots who never got invited. I never did and I have around 6000 hours in airplanes ranging from Cessna to transport category airliners. 

Not knocking them. I just hope they get the flight model right because all that talk about 1000 points on a plane that the environment interacts with seems lost if the basic flight model sucks.

Don't think that was the criteria for the alpha, think it was more about testing the server load and basic 'does this work?' i.e. in terms of does a feature actually load up on your PC without locking it up, rather than whether the person doing the test was able to rival Chuck Yeager in terms of test pilot credentials.

Like many others who've not had an invite to test it, I too have plenty of hours in a variety of real aeroplane types. So I'd be lying if I said it didn't at least irk me a little bit to see some leaked videos with people not flying the aeroplanes well, and not taking the NDA seriously either, as it seems to mean that people who aren't really that @rsed about flight sims are the ones testing it, but as I say, this is probably a misleading impression since for every leaked video, there will be many hours of not leaked genuine efforts at testing made by people who genuine were in it to help, so it's not really worth getting too worked up about, or at least worth being aware that there are more important things one could worry about.

Ultimately, it will be down to the person or persons at Asobo who are tweaking the numbers and such to create the flight modeling. subject to the requirements of the directives they've had on creating that stuff, then it comes down to whether they're either good or bad at it. I suspect Joe Blow on the public alpha or beta test's comments would end up having very little influence on the way things go in terms of actual production.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just now, tweekz said:

My guess is, the flight engine is OK, but it needs some tweaking. Maybe a few adaptions and some parameters to be tweaked.

Flight model of which aircraft ? From all the leaks , I have the feeling that some are more or less Ok, some not so good, some bad. I note that we have been requesting some vid showing a trusted tester demonstrating some flight s, to counter the bilibili crowd. It felt into deaf ears. 

If you mean the flight model architecture, yes it will take some time to stabilize it. But remember, the turbo engine management could never be really improved within the ESP. Sometimes tweaking is not enough if the flaw is  « genetic ». So the jury is still open. Cautious confidence.

12 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Now you triggered my curiosity! Well done! 😄

exactly my thought but the update quotes an « Avsim user » not an alpha tester. Thanks to @bonchie anyway, he was one among the few who kept coming in here after he was chosen as a tester. Appreciated and looking forward to his opinions in three weeks.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

38 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

That's what I figured.

Good luck with your CFI. How far along are you in the process? Pm if you want.

I took the writtens last week. First flight with my instructor is Saturday. There's just no work right now as a CPL with the virus and I've got pretty much an immediate opportunity to instruct if I get the cert.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

There are some but I guess it wasn't decisive factor in choosing people 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

53 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Good luck with that! I did my CFI initial in M20J and will never forget that power off 180! LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

14 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Really?  You're not just pulling my 🦵 ?

Ok that's sounds very promising then and hopefully also there are more "fine grained" settings in the ".ini" file (like scaling size and density per tree type).

Density yes. Size no. 

Hans

10 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Good luck with that! I did my CFI initial in M20J and will never forget that power off 180! LOL

That was the most fun maneuver to me doing the commercial. I hated eights on pylons, but everyone hates those.

Now I get to do it all again from the right seat. We'll see how it goes lol.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

exactly my thought but the update quotes an « Avsim user » not an alpha tester. Thanks to @bonchie anyway, he was one among the few who kept coming in here after he was chosen as a tester. Appreciated and looking forward to his opinions in three weeks.

The update quote they used is a positive one from Avsim, but the sentiment they are referencing is an ongoing argument in the alpha forums.

As I've said before, no one should read into my words that the sim is bad. It's not. It's groundbreaking, next-gen, and will be the dominant sim in the future. But there are issues that need to be ironed out before release, and no, I'm not talking about superficial stuff like big trees. If those things aren't ironed out, the reception is going to be mixed even though the future promises to fix everything eventually.

The good news, anyone can try it out via the gamepass for a few bucks. If it's not where you want it, wait 3-4 months and I suspect it will be.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, MarkW said:

Interesting that there is more evidence of branded AI. BAW, KLM and others in the screenshot with labels. 

The developer video on MP showed this off months ago.