Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Can't get myself to enjoy my old sim

Just got a bass shaker to add some rumble to my vr setup. It's gonna be great when I can run all this stuff in the new sim. It's gonna take a while though 😬

I've stopped using P3D. I've stopped buying addons. I've lost the desire to update 5+ addons (and looking for 5+ reg keys).

I'm managing my expectations, and I'm really looking forward to MSFS. I'm not disparaging anyone in P3D or XP11. Heck I might end up back on P3D. For now, can't enjoy...

• Like 2

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I've been a tester for a while now and I deleted my P3D, yes deleted a while back. I remember trying to do a P3D flight after testing, I lasted 2 mins. No more flying around with ugly generic textures, even 3rd party textures don't look that great in P3D. I also love not tweaking the cfg to squeeze 5fps or all the other issues that came with FSX/P3D.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

So.. I check my inbox for an alpha/beta invite... seeing none I go watch some FS2020 footage (leaked or not) .. then i goto fseconomy and see if there any interesting jobs or if maybe I'll fly another leg on my TBM world tour.. even though I know am going to do the tour again. Im leasing a plane so I have to keep money rolling in , FS2020 or not.  then i check my inbox and still no invite... so then i load up XP, navigraph and skyvector and  set up a flight plan ... then i check my inbox again... then I look at avsim forum..... then i program the fms or gps... and check my inbox.. then I fly

And i enjoy my take off and landing... but looking out the window enroute is pretty disappointing.. 

i file the completed flight with FSE ... and then i check my inbox

So my answer is.. ...yeah..  I sort of feel that way.... but i love simming too much to wait the month...  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

Different people find different aspects of flight more enjoyable. As a hard IFR guy the CFII side of me finds little to get excited about. 

• Like 2

Here I am still flying with P3Dv5 and enjoy it to the fullest. Photoreal scenery + AG only and True Sky.

Regarding MSFS : I will wait a few days after release to see what people think of the total package.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

No! Since I upgraded my P3D installation with a VR headset, I am not (yet) excited about the new sim at all. I just continue to enjoy flying as real as it gets!

• Upvote 2

Felix

1 hour ago, Wewk584 said:

So.. I check my inbox for an alpha/beta invite... seeing none I go watch some FS2020 footage (leaked or not) .. then i goto fseconomy and see if there any interesting jobs or if maybe I'll fly another leg on my TBM world tour.. even though I know am going to do the tour again. Im leasing a plane so I have to keep money rolling in , FS2020 or not.  then i check my inbox and still no invite... so then i load up XP, navigraph and skyvector and  set up a flight plan ... then i check my inbox again... then I look at avsim forum..... then i program the fms or gps... and check my inbox.. then I fly

And i enjoy my take off and landing... but looking out the window enroute is pretty disappointing.. 

i file the completed flight with FSE ... and then i check my inbox

So my answer is.. ...yeah..  I sort of feel that way.... but i love simming too much to wait the month...  

I found your post very funny, and also see alot of myself in your description 🙂 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

45 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Here I am still flying with P3Dv5 and enjoy it to the fullest. Photoreal scenery + AG only and True Sky.

Regarding MSFS : I will wait a few days after release to see what people think of the total package.

Well, with your setup I can understand why you are reluctant switching to another platform. I envy your setup. Must have taken a lot of hard work and a good deal of money. Good job 🙂

Andreas Stangenes

The biggest change will be how stable the new sim is. Like I posted above, the days of tweaking cfg's and trying different methods to squeeze fps or figuring out ways to get of rid of blurries are long gone. Follow the recommended specs and you're good to go.

And sure they'll be some rough edges that need to be addressed but they'll be minor for such a complex piece of software and honestly as flight sim enthusiast enthusiastic the future looks amazing, the potential this sim will have for years to come is massive and I can't wait until the retail comes out and see what 3rd party developers release. MS2020is a true game changer.

Edited by YVRDXBLHR
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Anyone else feel this way? 

Nope

(been testing the four latest alphas and the beta of MSFS and it is fantastic....But XP11 and P3D are still very good sims. It's a good time to enjoy this hobby with so many options)

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I like playing with Flight Dynamics, customising the aircraft's performance, getting it true to the numbers, etc.

What I hated more than anything was the one step forward with a new add-on, two steps back because the domino effect would crash some other part of the sim and instead of flying you'd spend the day trying to get the rest of the sim to align with a new add-on.

If I had a dollar for every hour spent in the sim but not flying, instead just configuring and trying to fix stuff; I'd have a weighty purse of cash.

Oh, I'll be glad to see the end of those days. They were dark.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2

I'm the type that likes to simulate real flying. So I just can't seem to ever get bored of doing a pre-flight, starting the A2A Cessna 172, using ATC to get clearances, practice taxiing, doing the before take off checks, practicing take offs and pattern work, navigating, and I can even practice maneuvers.

The things you can do with P3D & XP 11 are endless. I'm sure that the new sim will allow me to do the same, but with more eye candy.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

The biggest change will be how stable the new sim is. Like I posted above, the days of tweaking cfg's and trying different methods to squeeze fps or figuring out ways to get of rid of blurries are long gone. Follow the recommended specs and you're good to go.

And sure they'll be some rough edges that need to be addressed but they'll be minor for such a complex piece of software and honestly as flight sim enthusiast enthusiastic the future looks amazing, the potential this sim will have for years to come is massive and I can't wait until the retail comes out and see what 3rd party developers release. MS2020is a true game changer.

Thank you for sharing that 🙂 Appreciate it!

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes