Sign in to follow this  
Slides

Microsoft FS 2020 Vs Real life KSEZ Landing Compare

13 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

Also we need dirt on the airplanes

How about dirtier runway textures too? Other than the pristine cartoon runways in the MS sims I'd say this was a really excellent showcase for Asobo's scenic genius. Then again...this is a hand crafted area, is it not? Will things appear so realistic in non handcrafted areas (which is really about 95% of the globe)?

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Don't be a stick in the mud, you know what they meant.

Actually, I read somewhere where it should be referred to as MFS...NOT MSFS.

If that's the case, you're both wrong.

Stan

6 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

shrubs turned into trees

I suspect this is going to a reoccurring topic of conversation over the next few weeks.

• Like 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Overall, a great video showcasing Sedona! I lived in the area and have landed there many times.

Edited by Pugilist2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

24 minutes ago, hangar said:

How about dirtier runway textures too? Other than the pristine cartoon runways in the MS sims I'd say this was a really excellent showcase for Asobo's scenic genius. Then again...this is a hand crafted area, is it not? Will things appear so realistic in non handcrafted areas (which is really about 95% of the globe)?

The airport is handcrafted. The scenery around Sedona is just the AI though.

The top one actually looked washed out and fake. Have we reached a point the sim looks more real than real life? Lol.....

• Like 4

Eric 

Typically, unless you fly in an area that has no pollution, real life has a washed out appearance much of the time. I've always felt that the MS series had way too much contrast as compared to real life scenes.

• Upvote 1

@hangar and max view distance, the minimum being 60 miles in FSX 😮 Seeing anything further than 30 miles away is fairly exceptional even on a clear day in most places, given the constraints presented by the atmosphere.

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

10 minutes ago, hangar said:

Typically, unless you fly in an area that has no pollution, real life has a washed out appearance much of the time. I've always felt that the MS series had way too much contrast as compared to real life scenes.

Default P3D is pretty bad about that, but it seemed like weather addons helped a lot with giving a general haziness.

XP11 went the other direction, putting a thick haze as always on that hid flaws, but wasn't right. I haven't played in a year, but I remember having to use some plugin to adjust it before every flight.

• Like 1

That’s an amazing video.  I watched on a smart phone and it certainly can be difficult to distinguish which is which at times.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I love that area - I made/used the highest res ortho (19) in X-Plane several years ago and will now make Sedona one of my first flyovers after launch, thanks for RL flight!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Don't be a stick in the mud, you know what they meant.

Oh you guys missed that ridiculous quote from another member?  Bummer haha. 

• Like 1

Good comparison. Shows how realistic the new sim is looking, although I did cringe at the sim pilot coming in too low and too slow through a wind gradient. Fortunately, the pilot of the real aeroplane knew not to do that!

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here