Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

So, did anybody have a smooth installation?

Started at Midnight here in Austria, everything was ready at 04:30 (couldnt resist and stood up early). Coffee helps 🙂 

What an amazing Sim. I just did a sneak for now, visited my homevillag ein Austria and did a short hop to KSFO. Even with my 2017 iMac (running Windows 10 2004) the default setup is HIGH-END and framedrops are not a big problem so far. 

ASP, it seems yes... I installed also in a external....(K). I don't moved it after to another drive, so for this part, dunno 🙂

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

17 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

Hit the launch button at midnight,  installed in about an hour and 15.  Flew my obligatory over the house flight (Asobo kindly upgraded my home to a sizeable mansion from its more humble real roots, and planted me some extra trees in the back yard)  found out that Harrisburg PA, my closest medium sized city is actually done in photogrammetry, so I wept tears of joy, since it's never even looked close to correct in any other simulator ever (although Blackshark's ai does think that Three Mile Island Nuclear Generating Station is a series of oil storage tanks, which is bizarre, cause that was literally the only thing that FSX/p3d got right, go figure.)  Swore at the controls, since I haven't taken the time to set them up yet.  I like it!  going to bed.

Like being a kid again .... Ooh ..  elephants in Amsterdam.... Huh ?

Should be good laughs over the coming months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Julia said:

ASP, it seems yes... I installed also in a external....(K). I don't moved it after to another drive, so for this part, dunno 🙂

Thanks for your prompt reply. Best of luck (India)

If you get the frozen blue bar...  stop.  

Disconnect and try again. 

When you're in the right spot (which only comes after a couple times of disconnecting when you see the frozen blue bar) an overlay will appear that asks you what drive you want to install to.   That overlay will cover the plane for the rest of your download, or something wrong happened.  

• Upvote 1

Started DL about 0300 EDT.  Got to KLAX 13% and went to look at DL speeds and it just stopped.  Closed MSFS and restarted the DL and it’s cooking away.  Probably take around 2 hours.

• i9-9900K + 2080 Ti | 1TB PCIe + 32GB RAM.  Dell 24 inch monitor.  Thrust master T16000 stick, throttles, and pedals.
    FSX and MSFS.

2 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

If anyone else has a stuck blue bar before the download even begins, go to the MS Store and update your Xbox Game Bar.

End Task and try again, worked for me.

I got an error during the download (Debug code 499) and it blocked at around 20 Gb. I reported the error to the support but after I restarted MSFS the download restarted from 3 Gb. I will try again tonight. 🤕

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

6 hours ago, aktorsyl said:

Man I've seen some bad game launches but this is special.

Just because you have a problem, doesn't mean the launch is 'bad'.  Some people will have problems for whatever reason is particular to them (usually user error)

took me 8 hours of downloading

average speed I got was 45Mbps from Microsoft servers, I have 100Gb internet connection.

eat my shorts Microsoft!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am finally done, was about 8 hours as well. Still not flying tinkering with settings and creating cache etc

Matthew Kane

4 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Just because you have a problem, doesn't mean the launch is 'bad'.  Some people will have problems for whatever reason is particular to them (usually user error)

It isn't even almost just me, just having a quick look at the official forum megathread is indication enough of that.

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

3 hours to install - its running but 4:00 am so will have to wait till tonight to go thru it - good luck guys - lots to go over thats for sure

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Just now, Richard Sennett said:

3 hours to install - its running but 4:00 am so will have to wait till tonight to go thru it - good luck guys - lots to go over thats for sure

Good to see you back, Richard

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

Good to see you back, Richard

Thanks much nice to see you 🙂

Rich Sennett