Sign in to follow this  
atlflyer

Truly hope the negativity doesnt kill the sim

Sure it has a lot of bugs right now....They will be fixed. FSX, P3D, X-plane 10, 11, etc...all had launch bugs. There are quite a few here but they will be worked out. I am enjoying this sim wayyyy too much for it to die off. I am very happy with the working aspects of it so far!!

• Like 13

There are some in here who pride themselves on finding every bug, anomaly, issue and then jumping in here to tell everyone, "see I told you so". Likely this is the only way they are to find happiness which is a sad state of affairs for them. Best to add them to your ignore list.

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 17

Eric 

"Truly hope the negativity doesnt kill the sim"

Let the dust settle and time for folks to get their heads wrapped around it all. If the sim is workable, the performance issues get ironed out and the sdk allows what needs to be done, to get done then I'm sure this will evolve as the new platform. But it needs time...a fair amount of time and patience.

The shock value of the title is certainly there. If MS allows Asobo to fix what needs to be fixed and add or change what the community really wants then it's all roses.

Edited by hangar
  • Like 2

I expected it to be honest. The flight sim community and change often do not play well together. I think though given some time and a few patches things will settle down.

Its a good start in the right direction but alot of work is needed still to make this the best fight sim out there.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Yeah, I like that people are looking to improve the sim (obviously still needs a lot of work), but I'm having a blast with it and can't wipe the smile off my face! Out of context one look at the front page would tell me it's terrible.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, atlflyer said:

Sure it has a lot of bugs right now....They will be fixed. FSX, P3D, X-plane 10, 11, etc...all had launch bugs. There are quite a few here but they will be worked out. I am enjoying this sim wayyyy too much for it to die off. I am very happy with the working aspects of it so far!!

I second that you just said i had been around since fs95 i had seen this release days with everyone’s opinion and input wish is really good for the developers but today more than yesterday I had seen quite a few post where people are just acting like they want to keep a negative theme going... one thing is input to help but this is getting out of hand , wish i had the power to do something about it...

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I hate reading it to because I know the sim will get better with time. Other forums are far more negative, the steam forums for instance. Lets not  get to that level.

Edited by Lotharen
  • Like 1

It’s the inevitable throes accompanying the death of the status quo.  Happens every time. Be rational and positive, but critical when necessary.  the trolls are only responding to their own disfunction.

Ive flown about 4 flights so far, and there’s plenty of stuff I don’t like, but for every issue where the existing sims have it done slightly better, there is an area where this thing absolutely blows them all out of the water, and ridiculously so.  Small things can be fixed.

• Like 9

The reaction on Steam and certain Facebook groups has been far worse. Avsim is being pretty objective for the most part.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

6 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

It’s the inevitable throes accompanying the death of the status quo.  Happens every time. Be rational and positive, but critical when necessary.  the trolls are only responding to their own disfunction.

Ive flown about 4 flights so far, and there’s plenty of stuff I don’t like, but for every issue where the existing sims have it done slightly better, there is an area where this thing absolutely blows them all out of the water, and ridiculously so.  Small things can be fixed.

agreed 100 percent. A lot of things that bother me about the sim but I know it will get better. Just have to enjoy VVFR for now. 

It won't. 

Almost every P3D user hated XP11 for the first 2 years of its existence. Now many of them use it and rave about it. 

With P3D, most FSX users didn't adopt it until V3 and had plenty of disparaging remarks. They almost all made the pilgrimage in due time. 

And let's not forget FSX's launch. Still five years in, we had a continent insisting FS9 was better and complaining of missing add-ons. 

I was here for all of it. This is how it always goes. The only thing that really matters is 1) whether the core sim show major promise for the future and 2) whether add-on developers are on board. Both are true for MSFS and it will be around for a long time. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

I'll certainly be buying it, but I'll have to wait a while as my pc needs a substantial upgrade first - currently it sits way, way below the minimum spec. From what I've seen and read so far, yeah there are bugs, but nothing that I would class as a show stopper.

Hopefully, by the time I've scraped together enough pennies to get my pc vaguely into shape, some of these will have been ironed out anyway.

Edit - Wow! My second post. I know I've lurked on this forum for a while. I wonder how many years ago post #1 was made. Obviously I'm a man of very few words. 🙂

Edited by FishBowlMan
  • Upvote 4

Truely hope negativity improves the sim.

• Like 4

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

This stuff isn't unique to flight simmers. *Every* game that has a significant online community has detractors. Sometimes they have legitimate complaints. Others, they're just desperately seeking things to complain about. You guys should have seen all the vitriol that went on in the Kerbal Space Program forums from people who paid $7 for early access to a game that became the gold standard of approachable orbital mechanics simulations.

From what I've seen there's a mix here. Some of us are complaining about legit stuff, like ATC audio being unreliable, and we're doing it calmly with the assumption that whatever is broken is going to get fixed. Others are busy telling us it's not a simulator because their $120 got them the base sim... er... "game," plus global scenery that at its worst is Orbx quality, but they're still angry because the 30 airplanes it came with are not up to PMDG standards. Never mind that 30 airplanes from PMDG would at current pricing levels cost you somewhere around $3,000 and therefore it's probably just a little irrational to expect to spend 1/25th of that and still get the same quality.

The good news is that this kind of behavior is so common that devs generally don't decide to get discouraged and quit just because day-1 reviews from a few people are unreasonably negative. They've got thicker skin than that, and the other feedback from people who are not red-faced over the thing won't hurt either.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1