Sign in to follow this  
hrhett01

Looking to love my sim...just enough (an open letter LM)

We really need more cloud layers in the next versions of the Enhanced Atmosphere! Yesterday I did a flight in MSFS to ENBR and it was really amazing to fly through all this cloud layers. 

But my home cockpit setup doesn’t work yet with MSFS and I also found that textures were blurry and sometimes the satellite images look cartoonish. For now I stay with Prepar3d. Really hope they can make a amazing integration of Simulsky in 5.1. They need to because the weather system in MSFS is superior now.

But also had a CTD in MSFS and one flight later after coming out of pause the Airbus A320 just spiraled down. 

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 10:27 AM, GCBraun said:

Currently FSX has a very positive rating on Steam. Does anyone really think that vanilla FSX is better than MSFS? Of course not...

FSX on steam best day numbers since release less than 6,000, and some like me were ex box version users.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

52 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes P3D, XP, MSFS all have issues, the "blind eye" of compromises is still required and will be for years to come.  My goal has always been the same since 1982, getting the best flight simulator experience possible ... right now "for me" that comes from P3D, XP, and MSFS ... all provide something I like and things I don't like.  Would I love to have one platform that does it all with my hardware?  Absolutely!  Are we there yet?  No.

its pains me to say it but

"i whole heartly agree 100%"

14ppkc-6.png

5 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'll clarify, the Photogrammetry and streaming data experiment has failed when it comes to more areas of population density.  All of that is performance related ... example, a simple flight out of Blackpool to Manchester at night and no matter what I did, I could NOT get FPS to hit a solid stutter free 30, night time performance has my GPU (Titan RTX) capped out at 100%.  

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob! It became interesting to me to repeat your night English route "Blackpool  - Manchester"

My hardware is in the signature. Settings ULTRA, AI traffic is ON. Live Weather. 4K monitor.

I chose Cessna as the route is short. The average FPS was around 34, depending on the direction of the gaze.

Additionally, I flew the same route in the afternoon. The average FPS during the day was 39. It seems to me that you have chosen not the most densely populated area.

I saw a stronger FPS drop at night over Los Angeles and Phoenix.

But I am more interested in stuttering, which is not visible on the MSI Afterburner diagram. Even if I limit FPS in the RTSS, I see a flat line and a stable holding of 36 FPS (for example)

But my eyes can clearly see stuttering. It is very strange.

1yak64.jpg

2s0jz3.jpg

3vmj2d.jpg

6qyke1.jpg

10c2j8g.jpg

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

6 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, that has been my experience also ... I believe it was pointed out in the Alpha/Beta but didn't get fixed or in some cases they seem to be at the "wrong" locations ... I've often found the lights in the middle of a taxiway.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob, no one would answer that In the 2020 fourms.

Some thing else is 2020 in the Houston TX area the photo scenery is about 4 years old I found my car that I don't have any more at 2 different locations. Thought the images were supposed to be up to date.

Regards Ted

P.s They roasted  me in the other fourm. Lol

@frieoneThat's something I've noticed too.  A very obvious example.  Downtown Atlanta, GA.  You will see the georgia dome instead of mercedes benz that replaced it.  The new stadium opened 3 years ago

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

14 minutes ago, frieone said:

P.s They roasted  me in the other fourm. Lol

Why? because you are seeking help? oh gezz..

I found it hilarious you had to come to the P3D forums to ask and get the answers you need lol.. ok I guess the professionals are on P3D 😛

S.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, frieone said:

Some thing else is 2020 in the Houston TX area the photo scenery is about 4 years old I found my car that I don't have any more at 2 different locations. Thought the images were supposed to be up to date.

11 minutes ago, micstatic said:

@frieoneThat's something I've noticed too.  A very obvious example.  Downtown Atlanta, GA.  You will see the georgia dome instead of mercedes benz that replaced it.  The new stadium opened 3 years ago

To be fair to Asobo, they can only use the data that exists.
Clearly, either Bing maps hasn't purchased any newer stuff or there hasn't been a producer of photogrammetry that has compiled new data.

At least Houston and Atlanta have photogrammetry to make those cities look more life-like.
Take a look in MSFS and compare against Google Earth the cities of London, Paris, Amsterdam, Dublin or in fact any city in Asia, or any in either of Central or South America...

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

@F737NG  I think it's option 2.  The producer of photogrammetry hasn't compiled the new data.  When I go to bing maps, the georgia dome is gone and mercedes benz is there.  I'm impressed with MSFS don't get me wrong.  I just wanted to point out this objectively.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, BMW969 said:

Hi Rob! It became interesting to me to repeat your night English route "Blackpool  - Manchester"

My hardware is in the signature. Settings ULTRA, AI traffic is ON. Live Weather. 4K monitor.

I chose Cessna as the route is short. The average FPS was around 34, depending on the direction of the gaze.

Additionally, I flew the same route in the afternoon. The average FPS during the day was 39. It seems to me that you have chosen not the most densely populated area.

I saw a stronger FPS drop at night over Los Angeles and Phoenix.

But I am more interested in stuttering, which is not visible on the MSI Afterburner diagram. Even if I limit FPS in the RTSS, I see a flat line and a stable holding of 36 FPS (for example)

But my eyes can clearly see stuttering. It is very strange.

1yak64.jpg

2s0jz3.jpg

3vmj2d.jpg

6qyke1.jpg

10c2j8g.jpg

Is it me or do you want help with MSFS in the P3D forum ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I'm so pleased with the release of MSFS 2020 because I'm now back and totally IN LOVE WITH MY SIM......... P3Dv5 😍

I seriously wonder if I`ll ever be able to fly heavies to the level of realism I now have in P3Dv5 ( XPlane ) in MSFS 2020. Somehow I don't think so in the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 1

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

43 minutes ago, Recognition said:

I'm so pleased with the release of MSFS 2020 because I'm now back and totally IN LOVE WITH MY SIM......... P3Dv5 😍

I seriously wonder if I`ll ever be able to fly heavies to the level of realism I now have in P3Dv5 ( XPlane ) in MSFS 2020. Somehow I don't think so in the foreseeable future.

i love V5 also.  Especially since I'm primarily an airline vatsim flyer.  But do you really think that when PMDG releases the 747/777 that it won't be as realistic as it is in V5?  I don't.  

5 minutes ago, micstatic said:

i love V5 also.  Especially since I'm primarily an airline vatsim flyer.  But do you really think that when PMDG releases the 747/777 that it won't be as realistic as it is in V5?  I don't.  

I'm very concerned that when PMDG etc. release their AC for MSFS 2020 the FPS hit will be extremely heavy. I say that because when I try and land the A320 stock at a hand painted airport I get BIG stutters on high settings.

• Upvote 1

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

@Recognition It's a concern for me too.  However Robert from PMDG was so positive about MSFS.  You can read his comments in their forum.  I'm going to guess the excitement wouldn't be that high if he felt he would have to release a product nobody would enjoy.  Who knows.  I just have a higher degree of optimism than some.  But I also wasn't one of those people who deleted my working p3d with a massive collection of payware.  I think its safe to say we will see some degree of msfs optimization by the time high quality payware aircraft are released.  i've been a simmer since the early 90's and have never seen a new generation sim release that works perfectly (or at all) out of the box.  

Many of these comments remind me of a famous review of the first iPhone. 

"Apparently none of you guys realize how bad of an idea a touch-screen is on a phone. I foresee some pretty obvious and pretty major problems here. I'll be keeping my Samsung A707, thanks. It's smaller, it's got a protected screen, and it's got proper buttons. And it's got all the same features otherwise.  Touch screen buttons? BAD idea. This thing will never work."

MSFS is likely going to win this market, and it will have its flaws as the leader, but it's the ability to "feel" like the future, and the crossover to the mainstream that is insurmountable.
Also, I don't know what fantasy land some of you live in that you think because a large corporation makes billions of dollars; they don't care about small projects that lose money. Lose money, break-even, make a little bit of profit, whatever the case, they can easily cut those things overnight. You don't make billions of dollars having small projects around that lose money or don't do well and take up your resources.

There are no multi-million dollar P3D defense contracts. If you had those contracts, you don't show up at flighsimexpo to hang out with middle-aged simmers using plastic Saitek yokes and GoFlight switches, then release your product news exclusively to Fselite.net. Sorry, you guys are living in denial if you think serious home P3D simming is merely tagging along while massive commercial defense contractors do the heavy lifting. There is no evidence to suggest that, and in fact, the evidence suggests quite the opposite. They sell their software at $199/$2500 a license to anyone who wants it. It's a stable market made up of consumers and businesses that need a low-cost training solution for very specific things.  If the Saudi government builds a C130 training solution for say, FMC programming, they go to Prepar3d.com put in a credit card and pay $2500. Millions of dollars in defense contracts, yet, some guy named Rob at Avsim.com is pushing for PBR and LM diverts resources to get it done? For who? Probably the home consumers, whom P3D relies on quite a bit to make sure funding continues.

Anyway, P3D is/was great. I have enjoyed my time in the sim, I am thankful for all I have learned, and I still need to tackle the majestic dash q so probably a little learning left. But I wouldn't hold your breath thinking it will make some great comeback. It's had a 10-year head start on MSFS. Government entities or flight schools that have that one little machine in the corner where you practice a few procedures will be slow to switch.  Helicopter pilots, home cockpit builders with honed in systems, and old school consumers who are IFR or die will be reluctant to change.  

However, MSFS is going to win this war.  

Edited by TravelRunner404
  • Like 1