Sign in to follow this  
hrhett01

Looking to love my sim...just enough (an open letter LM)

19 hours ago, Doug47 said:

You mean, you hardly have any ability to actually fly a plane and navigate and can only press the autopilot button to on to do that to ‘fly’?

MSFS is revolutionary and won’t be long before it’s the genuine article for flight simulation. 

Yes I will probably get an A320 study level aircraft when it's released and broaden my fleet, rather than repurchase stuff I already own. Very exciting times indeed.

Edited by twsharp12
Formatting
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Skywolf said:

I need to create investment fund - we need to gather all the monies, and buy large block of shares (it will have to be in approx 1 billion USD) - then use the power of owning some shares - say even 1% of their shares from market float.  Get me on the board.  First thing I will do is well "Request" Prepar3d be improved with tons of budget b/c I am on the board and I want it done.  

We Need to acquire 2,767,000 Shares (1% of their total 2767.2 Million Shares Available to trade) and after market price as of right now is at $395.50 X 2767000 shares = $1,094,348,500

and the Dividend Yield is 2.4% - so we will make some extra money on the side also.

That is how you grease the corporate wheel of a publicly traded company.  Heck even if we did .50% ownership of shares of half a billion we could some major push to change Prepar3d even faster.

Sounds like a great plan. Who is with me on this.

🤪

So riddle me this Batman. Just who gets that 2.4% dividend? You have someone in mind? Well? Just who? 🙅

Vic green

46 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

So riddle me this Batman. Just who gets that 2.4% dividend? You have someone in mind? Well? Just who? 🙅

We can allocate that to AVSim donation fund.  That way everyone is happy.

Or distribute it percentage equally to whoever contributed to this buying LM shares fund

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

3 hours ago, Skywolf said:

We can allocate that to AVSim donation fund.  That way everyone is happy.

Or distribute it percentage equally to whoever contributed to this buying LM shares fund

I say you deserve to keep it as administrator. Or save it for a golden parachute in case you're asked to resign by the board. 

Vic green

7 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

I say you deserve to keep it as administrator. Or save it for a golden parachute in case you're asked to resign by the board. 

Sounds like a plan.  I will give you a fee for that amazing suggestion.

So gents - we should seriously start planning a fund to buy 1% of LM shares

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

MSFS is for the well healed simmer as they are pinning there hopes on the RTX 3090 24GB of ram to give them min 60fps 4K ULTRA. 

For me MSFS is for VFR summer flying, P3D for IFR all season flying the scenery is secondary for IFR, airport`s are more important for detail something MSFS lacks but will req addons for high detail airports, what i have seen in MSFS do not match P3Dv5 addon airports.

I tried the Nvidia optimised settings they dumb down the sim in 4K the scenery looks blurred less detailed but had 60fps, if i dumbed P3Dv5 down the same 100fps with addons.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 8/24/2020 at 7:02 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'll clarify, the Photogrammetry and streaming data experiment has failed when it comes to more areas of population density.  All of that is performance related ... example, a simple flight out of Blackpool to Manchester at night and no matter what I did, I could NOT get FPS to hit a solid stutter free 30, night time performance has my GPU (Titan RTX) capped out at 100%. 

Try turning down your settings.

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

21 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

LOL ... 

😂 sorry I couldn't resist!

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

Being able to stream this amount of data takes a huge cloud investment, and I don't see anyone replicating what Microsoft have done. And keep in mind, Microsoft can leverage their cloud investments at cost. The next problem is the publishers, who all see a brand new exciting platform supported by Microsoft as a golden egg. Most of the energy in the industry is going to be directed towards MSFS 2020. The only way MSFS 2020 doesn't dominate is if Microsoft decides not to support it. Otherwise it is game over. Not today, but in 1 to 2 years. Not saying XP and P3D will disappear, but they will be marginalized as the vast majority of cash flows to MSFS. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Well the bottom Line weather you like MSFS or not, people will ultimately vote with there wallet. 

Quote that shocked me from Gary at UK2000 From a few months ago. 

Unless you're been living on the moon, most of you are aware of the new Flightsim from Mircrosoft, this is the reason for a 60% reduction in my sales and I'm as eager as you for it to be released!.”

MS have said there plan is a 10 year one so it could not be clearer and AS have said there brilliant at working with developers to work with them on what the SDK wants and needs. What more to you need to know about there plans than it’s a long term sim. 4 weeks in, give it time P3D v5 was Inop for longer....they might be behind it areas and should be after 4 weeks, but miles ahead in others. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well the bottom Line weather you like MSFS or not, people will ultimately vote with there wallet. 

Quote that shocked me from Gary at UK2000 From a few months ago. 

Unless you're been living on the moon, most of you are aware of the new Flightsim from Mircrosoft, this is the reason for a 60% reduction in my sales and I'm as eager as you for it to be released!.”

That is exactly the point, before release a drop in sales was expected waiting for the new product. But after everyone has seen what was delivered and comparing with their current sim the addon market will change for sure.

Personal opinion, I won´t spend a single dime on scenery in MSFS2020, it is so good that doesn´t need any upgrade. Now, the photogrametry is horrible in some locations (LAX, VNY and SoCAL area) but I hope it will get fixed.

Currently MSFS2020 is only a beautiful scenery sim with default planes, ugly clouds and many things to improve. P3D is ugly scenery (could be improved with photoreal sceneries payware and freeware) with great addons planes, great weather (payware) and EA is really good with a lot of room for improvements. 

• Like 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

2 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

That is exactly the point, before release a drop in sales was expected waiting for the new product. But after everyone has seen what was delivered and comparing with their current sim the addon market will change for sure.

Personal opinion, I won´t spend a single dime on scenery in MSFS2020, it is so good that doesn´t need any upgrade. Now, the photogrametry is horrible in some locations (LAX, VNY and SoCAL area) but I hope it will get fixed.

Currently MSFS2020 is only a beautiful scenery sim with default planes, ugly clouds and many things to improve. P3D is ugly scenery (could be improved with photoreal sceneries payware and freeware) with great addons planes, great weather (payware) and EA is really good with a lot of room for improvements. 

Well most of that is personally taste. You name a few area you dont like, Ive done a tour of England, Scotland,Ireland and now Spain and its stunning and like you say I don't need addon to make it look stunning unlike P3D that needs at least OLC and that compare that with MFS is a joke.You also need a good pc to even think about running TE and even then...

Addons, yes I will and have bought a lot of airport for MSFS as there the icing on the cake. I totally disagree with weather MS clouds  make even EA look very dated but like all this is personally taste. Also I don't - feel any need for REX?ASCA/AS to even get it close.

V5 will for some time me my airliner sim and I hope 5.1 brings great things. If i was selling an addon for flight sim right now, I would sooner sell it for £5 to MSFS than try to sell it for £15 to P3D/Xplane.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

That doesn't really mean or say much to me.  I've done this dance with MS many times before.  Silverlight had a 20+ year plan, then Apple decide to not support plug-ins and the 20+ year development plan turned into a "we'll continue supporting Silverlight until Oct 2021" and actual development (except security fixes) stopped in 2011.  I think it would be unwise to hold MS accountable to a "plan" and I know for a fact MS doesn't budget development out 10 years into the future for any product.

Let me put this to you, if LM said they have a 10 year "plan" for P3D would you believe it?  Would it change anything? 

Agree with you on 3rd party sales dropping off, some much more than 60% prior to release.  No idea post release numbers, but Orbx seem to still be committed to P3D and XP with new releases post MSFS.  Those MSFS titles they did release are from existing products converted for use in MSFS.

Cheers, Rob.

Lets just wait and see, I cannot think of a better time to enjoy flight simming Rob. I use v5 for FSL/PMDG and the moded Bonanza for touring and the list I want to tour will keep be going for countless years as the restrictions are not for once what scenery I can buy, but the time I can make to enjoy what I have. All without any weather, cloud, TE/OLC, addon airport(option) even I can enjoy shadows on everything, building trees, airports, traffic on road...even "real grass" that's not a fps killer and unlike P3d no more than lines thrown all over the place to look good when looked at in some directions, the list goes on.

A wonderfully time to have two great sims (3 with DCS), one for up high and airliners, one for breathtaking VFR/<12000ft IRL, I was even showing the wife were we live, even a farm house 1/2 a mile from us was there with the right amount of trees around it, our house with even the trees in our garden in the right places. A far far cry from P3D. The tour I am doing around spain is nothing like I got from OLC and even PR looks a joke compared with what I see now. USA, south america, AUS, new zealand...the list of where to go and enjoy and explore is endless. And I don't need TE to do that or any other scenery.

Also people are making little free mods, like EGNX as a 8 cooling tower power station close by and it's not got the cooling towers in MSFS, but someone made a mod and now all 8 towers and the station in good detail, better than Orbx version for free. The future is very bright imo and even if it fails to brings PMDG etc (I don't thing that will be the case at all) I am more than happy to enjoy v5 for airlines, DCS for all that amazing stuff and MSFS for GA. This is the best times I have even known for flight siming. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Lets just wait and see, I cannot think of a better time to enjoy flight simming Rob. I use v5 for FSL/PMDG and the moded Bonanza for touring and the list I want to tour will keep be going for countless years as the restrictions are not for once what scenery I can buy but the time I can make to enjoy what I have.

That is exactly what I have been doing, cross-country in Colombia (My country), it is impossible to do it even with South-America OpenLC and Orbx Mesh, now with MSFS everything is there. 

• Like 3

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

7 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I think many of us have heard this before and yet many still using P3D and XP ... MSFS has a LONG way to go to catchup with XP and P3D and the common flaw with your opinion is that you assume XP and P3D are just going to stop developing.  The core developers behind XP/P3D have NOT stopped working (far far from it).  MSFS is behind the curve in so many other areas, especially the SDK.

I'm not sure where MS plan to take the product and how many resources to continue the product?  Looking at Steam reviews, MSFS has picked up some 73% from a shaky start (12,003 reviews since 8/18/2020) but when you look at other titles on Steam like Crusader Kings III at 92% (10,109 reviews since 9/1/2020) ... personally I'm a big fan of Civilization series and it's "struggling" (they've had to resort to what is essentially a subscription model) to continue even with 89% on recent reviews.  What did surprise me is Steam seems to be a MUCH better platform in terms of reaching customers ... on MS Store MSFS barely got 382 reviews vs. 12,000+ reviews on Steam ... so I certainly understand MS desire to publish on Steam.

And then there is XBOX ... the more affordable and easier option for the masses of gamers.  I think the XBOX sales of MSFS is ultimately where the product's fate lies and that will drive development resources direction.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

I don't think either P3D or XP disappear anytime soon, but rather they will get less money flowing their direction, which will hurt future development. Hey, I could be wrong and they both could come back stronger than ever. But personally I doubt that is going to happen. Anyone new to flight sims will be more than likely to try MSFS 2020. The hardcore flight simmers will be lured into MSFS by the vast development going towards them. And being able to fly the entire planet in photo scenery? I hope P3D and XP answer and up their game, but technically I think they have a big hill ahead of them to climb. It is far easier for MS to fix what is missing than P3D and XP. Just my opinion!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro