Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Carenado Mooney Update

42 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

If you bring up the Geforce screen and click on MSFS on the left hand side (in the list with all of your other games), it will show the 3-D settings in a list, but will say 'optimized' in a green box.  You can also then click on 'revert' to get rid of the setting.

Thank you! It was shown as optimized!

Edited by flyblueskies
  • Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

2 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I updated the 182 without a hitch. The Mooney, on the other hand, updated and now the app is hung.

Jeepers. These guys...

Update:

I restarted. The update is says it is still available. I click on Update and nothing happens. I click Cancel and now it shows as being updated.

Patients, grasshopper. Deep breaths. It's only a game. (none of the words to the left are working anymore.)

That was my exact experience it has updated though no more heading rolls

1 hour ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

This is an issue with your setup, it works fine here, 1° increments.

Johnny , Thanks for your input.  Can you check that you are referring to the HSI with the Autopilot engaged?

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hey guys. Very pleased to see this has been patched. I'm not going to able to test it out for a few days - does anyone know if the transponder is working online now, for Vatsim or PilotEdge?

Thanks 🙂

Just had a GREAT flight in this fine little speedbird.  Columbia River Gorge KDLS to Scapoose OR (beautiful in this sim!) and up the Columbia River to Astoria on the Washington coast then straight up to Bowerman field KGHM, which was socked in tight, calling for an ILS approach all the way down to minimums which just went perfectly.

It's kind of ironic that both the trim and the AP are working so well now, since it's such a pleasure to trim out manually and hand-fly to the destination you don't need the AP!

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

@raymar

Ray- my AP HDG follows my HSI HDG in one degree increments... do you have something varying your rotary interaction? 

I agree, Mixture is still wonky... leaning increased my fuel consumption and at the moment engine behavior (power, fuel, temp, GPH, EGT and the Analyzer) all look like they would benefit from tweaking- PLEASE CARENADO!

The Reggo does stick... my 172 N20357showed up on my Mooney N201AC but that’s probably Asobo’s issue...

You are also correct on ALT SEL- no proper capture... I was busy in LA airspace and was 200’ past before I realized it... a quick click and AP was off, leveled and descended to engage and reconnected AP... that needs fixing’.

Just flew BUR to SAN (LVFR) and it was beautiful. VATSIM LA Center is usually excellent and tonight was no exception. Sliding down the slope into 27 I was mesmerized by the traffic and the buildings streaming below me all the way down. It’s good, but when Asobo gets the kinks out it’s going to be grand.

Maybe Carenado will use their present position of being the only serious commercial developer with a product (can you believe what I just said?) to solidify their lead by providing regular updates to make this girl a benchmark- that will take some more work. 

@Bert Pieke 

Bert, does the freeware GPS update do anything for this GPS or just 1000 and up?

All in all a good start... glad I bought her.

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, raymar said:

I have to say I am disappointed that Carenado and Asobo fell well short of making a good and decent update to the M20R Mooney.  Sure, a few of the more obvious things are fixed but, not all and it stills flies as a cripple.

How are we support to fly precision approaches when the Heading and Course selections are in 10 degree increments. Geez Louise.

I need to do some more testing but, I am quite sure the Altitude Capture is no longer working correctly.  The first climb to a preselected altitude it blew right past the armed altitude.  I reset the Altitude Capture and made sure it was armed and dialed in a descent back to my preselected Altitude and it descended through the preselected and armed altitude.

I am also disappointed Carenado didn't make any effort to illuminate the Overhead Switch panel that is so dark you have to use external lighting to find the Taxi and Wing light switches to turn them Off and back On when flying at night.  They will probably say their model doesn't have any lighting for the Panel.  That may be true but in the real world Mooney the overhead lights above the seats have enough lumens and the wider spread of light to find the proper switch locations on the darkest night.

The Mixture may or may not be fixed. Leaning the mixture does affect the displayed Fuel Flow gauges, but, the numbers don't look quite right to me and that might be the level of system detailed that we will have to live with.

I think the personal fuselage numbers are sticking to the airplanes now, but, it is a clumsy fix. I added a personal number for the CJ4 and changed planes to the Mooney and the CJ4 number was on the Mooney.  duh.

Disappointed I am.

Ray

Hey Ray just a thought on 10  deg increments.....in some mouse settings there is an option that when your mouse wheel rolls one click, it advances 3x of whatever its doing.   I think this is an option for spreadsheet folks who need to scroll thru a 1000 row sheet without getting metacarpal syndrome.   May want to check if you have it set to that vs 1 click, one roll.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Anyone else getting package failed message when trying to do the update?

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Out of nowhere my 10 deg jump fixed itself.  I hope it lasts a while.  Thanks.

Ray

49 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

since it's such a pleasure to trim out manually and hand-fly to the destination you don't need the AP!

Great!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I think I'm probably going to end up buying this thing soon, despite my pledge not to spend any $$$ on addons for MSFS until the product is a bit stabilized. 

The heading/alt bug increment 'bug' issue has been reported on multiple stock aircraft and Carenado is likely using the stock AP.  The sim itself only has one place to enter a tail number right now.  I'd rather we push MS/Asobo to make that setting per-aircraft vs each third party developer having some hacked-in system to apply numbers to just their aircraft.  It's hard to blame Carenado for issues with the stock code parts of MSFS, and the limited SDK which we are all aware of.

The overhead lighting and the mixture, well those they should be able to get at least mostly right.

The third party devs can only do so much with the sim in its current state and the poor SDKs, and the companies that are going 'first' are taking a bit of a risk IMHO. 

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

34 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Anyone else getting package failed message when trying to do the update?

Yes, I did. I rebooted the sim. Now it says up to date but the version field is blank. If I try to start a flight, the Mooney is no longer an available choice, however if I go into the Marketplace it still shows as being owned and installed. Hummmm....

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Just got the update. I will try it tomorrow!

Are repaints available for this wonderful bird?

Cheers :)

N.-

No doubt all the bugs and gremlins and glitches and the just plain bad coding will all be fixed. Probable later than sooner. Maybe not by Carenado or Asobo, but, we have a bucket load of user talent that will somehow find a way to make things work right.  You just gotta have faith.

This Mooney has a lot going for it and it can provide some really good flights.  It looks good, flies good, and we will find workarounds for those few remaining things that are just not quite right.

Still recommended.

Ray

37 minutes ago, neucoas said:

Just got the update. I will try it tomorrow!

Are repaints available for this wonderful bird?

Yes and no.  There are four repaints that come with the package.  You can add your own fuselage and panel registration numbers to personalize them.