Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

P3D 5.1 Released

2 hours ago, simbol said:

... We pointed out the issues with objects visible thru clouds. The problem is related to alpha blending, LM correct it for their own objects but you need to install the content and scenery section as well. If you still see these is more related to 3rd party content that will need updates. ...

S.

... and that's the real problem imo. First, 3rd party developers propably won't spend too much time with P3D anymore. Second,  many of them, especially ORBX will simply deny that their content has to be updated. They rather blame LM/P3D not to be able to display their content correctly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

7 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

I certainly learnt my lesson not to update too quickly 

Updated to Win 10 v 2004 for MSFS2020 and P3Dv5 hf2

Everything great except I lost all my Milviz planes

Still not available and that was June-are we spoiled?

For a Bush Flyer that’s a real downer!

P3Dv5.1 will be on the back burner for a while!
xxd09

Capture.jpg

only 170.....

14ppkc-6.png

8 minutes ago, Nemo said:

... and that's the real problem imo. First, 3rd party developers propably won't spend too much time with P3D anymore. Second,  many of them, especially ORBX will simply deny that their content has to be updated. They rather blame LM/P3D not to be able to display their content correctly.

Yep. They have their new cash cow in FS2020, why dump resources into P3D. On one hand, I'm very disappointed, but we've also been asking for years for LM to innovate. The problem is that EA looks great a lot of the time. That, and the fact I've played MSFS, means that it's near impossible for me to go back to 2D clouds. But it's either that or live with the simobjects bleeding through. So frustrating.

• Like 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

13 minutes ago, Nemo said:

sad but true.  

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, bbain1187 said:

I'm very disappointed, but we've also been asking for years for LM to innovate.

why they are making tonnes more money out various goverments then they will ever will out of a handfull of simmers like us. chicken feed vs  prime cut of steak 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

I suppose I am going to hold off on updating to 5.1 based on the comments in this thread, but I still don't see myself transitioning to MSFS any time soon due to the lack of quality airliners, so I will stick with P3dv5 in the meantime. I am really wanting to like MSFS but every session ends after about 20 minutes due to aircraft boredom.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 3

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 minute ago, PilotPete99 said:

I suppose I am going to hold off on updating to 5.1 based on the comments in this thread, but I still don't see myself transitioning to MSFS any time soon due to the lack of quality airliners, so I will stick with P3dv5 in the meantime. I am really wanting to like MSFS but every session ends after about 20 minutes due to aircraft boredom.

Cheers, Pete

I think you like all of us will be waiting a while for a decent payware tiube liner for ms2020.  sure blackbox or similare will probably churn out some gash but not in the same league as the FSL or PMDG birds 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, bbain1187 said:

Hey Simbol,

Thank you for voicing your concerns to LM. This alpha blending thing is a show-stopper for me. Any idea how time-consuming this correction process is for developers? Orbx TE literally has thousands of objects that show through. Would they have to individually correct every one? I've already resigned to the fact that most developers won't even bother, with the idea that the onus is on LM to correct the problem. (And they would have a point.) 

I can't comment on other 3rd party developers timelines, commitment and plans.

Sales are coming back to P3D, lots of devs are still putting resources towards it since MS SDK is far from done, don't think so negative.

If you disable EA the issues are less prominent.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

I just went back to v5hf2, because of:

Still flashing clouds, actually worse than in previous versions

big performance drop and a lot more stutters

more blurries 

Not even starting about EA

My reality xp gps going all over the place in nav in stead of the right direction

wrong colors in the scenery ( worse than before)

CTD while changing scenery priority

and that is when i had enough........

running:

i9 10900kf

gigabyte aorus z490 master

32gb ram

rtx 2080 super

ssd's

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

If you disable EA the issues are less prominent.

If you disable EA, you have basically FSX. Not an option, not in 2020.

• Upvote 4

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Same thing is if you stay on 5.0 HF2.

It is really a bad and dumb decision to stay on 5.0, although many of you might be disappointed and I do understand it.. 5 1 has a big list of bug fixes.

Including better PBR metals rendition, lighting, effects now render properly behind EA clouds, the list of fixes are really very long and unfortunately I am away right now to post all the positives things here.

Staying with 5.0 is a bad move, we all need to upgrade regardless and keep pushing the platform forward, simple as that.

LM is not stopping development, they have great plans.. They are just not delivered yet..

I must go now before my wife takes my phone and throw it out of the window 😂

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

dave you sound like your surprised that LM dont actually care too much about simmers only corporate clients.

if you came up to me at a avation conference and asked me how I felt about the company I work for in an "offical type of on the record type of question" I would give you a certain offical answer, it would be complete rubbish but thats the answer I would have to give you,  Id get sacked otherwise

If you then took me out for a beer afterwards and asked me the same questions between 2 guys over a pint id give you a different answer based on truths.

If you asked my missus who works in the NHS at a NHS conference an "offical type of on the record type of question"  she would tell you "shes rushed off her feet in current climate and she deserves a pay rise because of all the hard work shes due due covid"  If she didnt she'd get sacked.

Then if you took her out for a beer afterwards and asked her the same question between 2 friends over a pint she give you a different answer.  She tell you shes never had it so good with nothing to do.

But she aint going to tell you that offically is she.

The point im making here is just because some dude from LM whispered in simbols ear at a conference and said they love simmers, and told Rob 2 years ago that last year was going to be the year of the simmer doesnt actually mean much,  and espically now ms2020 is out, im sure they will focus all their effort and man power on corporate and military clients like they always have done.  Id be willing to bet a large wager thats what the top dogs at LM have told them. Id also wager a guess the US Military is about to get a lot less money in the next 4 years , so Ill wager they are striking while the iron is hot 

I fell slightly sorry for them , but I could of told you 5 years ago a defense contractor doesnt care about Derek from Hampshire in his 60s or Darren from Stockport in his teens.  They are after bigger more profitable fish with 3 stars on their uniforms.

youre a clever guy Dave surely can see that   its a shame the other 2 didnt.

I totally get that Pete. Its a perfect sum up how things are.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Now I got that out of the way ... I experimented with the new VolumetricCloud.cfg

Rob,

Is it possible to add additional cloud types or does the sim only recognize the four types contained in the file? I've been able to create a few more types with the Simul SDK such as cirrocumulus. I'm assuming that adding an additional cloud type would just be ignored by the sim.

Jay

If in the end of the day it would run better believe me I would have kept it but it just doesn’t . And some 3rd party add ons are doing wierd things . For me useless at the moment

4 hours ago, simbol said:

Looks like our dreams (as users and developers) will take still years to realise.. Not matter what platform...

The world is really upside down..

The world is right side up and always will be.

We’re upside down. 😊

• Like 1