Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

P3D 5.1 Released

14 minutes ago, brosss said:

Damian from HiFi said: "The P3D 5.1 release version has an issue preventing proper EA mode weather control via SimConnect with ASP3D (or any other weather add-on). We have forwarded our findings to P3D developers and we hope that it will be resolved soon with a new P3D update.

We should have our ASP3D compatible update posted very quickly after the fix is available."

That's so sad - I guess I'll skip v5.1 and wait until v5.1 HF1 is released - without Active Sky the weather is really not enjoyable.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Upvote 2

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

3 hours ago, ark said:

Might be worth checking you have the latest RXP GTN750 version -- I have ver 2.5.27 which was released in early Sept2020. I also don't see a rash of complaints on the RXP forum which I would expect if there was a general GTN problem with P3Dv5.1. Another thing you could check is the settings in the RealityXP.GTN.ini file in the main folder for the aircraft you are using.

The Flight1 GTN750 also seems to work well.

Al

I have installed v5.1 again......look at it , same behavior ...... goes of tracking south, in v5.0 hf2 no issues

2 hours ago, simbol said:

If you install the content and scenery 5.1 update it will occur only under certain conditions and with some 3rd party addons that are using legacy alpha blending from FSX!

Most users here installed only client and therefore will see default objects showing this behavior because it will not include all the fixes LM did for content and scenery..

Regards,

S.

This is exactly why I opted for a full installation of 5.1. And as such, flying over LA, NYC, Tokyo, Osaka... I have yet to see something 'pop out' that is not default. It's very clear the problems for me are with older, essentially incompatible third party addons.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, TomH101 said:

The main issue for me that still persists is flickering clouds when NOT using Enhanced Atmospherics.

Below are 2 videos. The first is from 5.0hf2 and the second is from 5.1. The flickering still happens on a clean install with NO addons installed.

[...]

I see you're using the PMDG 747 in v.1? I thought it wasn't officially compatible yet?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

7 minutes ago, remcosol said:

I have installed v5.1 again......look at it , same behavior ...... goes of tracking south, in v5.0 hf2 no issues

Does the GTN settings popup show the same settings as I posted in my last post? I assume you are not using any other 3rd party addons at this point like ChasePlane, SimStarter, etc., that might be causing a problem with P3Dv5.1. If so I'd try disabling all such addons. Other than that I just don't have any other good ideas at this point although I suppose you could try reinstalling the GTN750.

Al

Well tried it lighting hopeless , weather broken till next hotfix put my VR immediate CTD cannot be bothered to fault find spent too many hours doing this back to microsoft flight sim where I have been for last couple of months shame with money invested in it.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

17 minutes ago, ark said:

Does the GTN settings popup show the same settings as I posted in my last post? I assume you are not using any other 3rd party addons at this point like ChasePlane, SimStarter, etc., that might be causing a problem with P3Dv5.1. If so I'd try disabling all such addons. Other than that I just don't have any other good ideas at this point although I suppose you could try reinstalling the GTN750.

Al

I think i found the issue, when importing my flight model / aircraft the GTN ini file was in there , i thought it wasn,t.  The problem now is that i havent been able to test it any more because i went back to v5 hf2 again.... ( 3rd time today) . Did not want to go and reinstall v5.1 again but that is the only thing that might be the cause .  

fyi i went back because v5.1 is a blurry/ stuttery mess . I wanted 5.1 to work so bad but to many issues so ill try again next update, thank you for your help

2 minutes ago, remcosol said:

fyi i went back because v5.1 is a blurry/ stuttery mess . I wanted 5.1 to work so bad but to many issues so ill try again next update, thank you for your help

OK, sorry you are having so many problems with P3Dv5.1.

Al

3 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Pete - It is obvious when on the ground only and objects are drawn in front of the sky/clouds. You do not notice it once in the air but it is terribly noticeable while taxiing as nearly all objects will display this flickering behavior. I also never used EA in 5.0 due to a lot of the quirks and I don't think too many of them have really been fixed in this version....

Strange. I never saw any objects in front of any clouds. There's a nice realistic mist in the valley limiting visibility. I didn't see any objects which were supposed to be'behind' it!

I did have it maximised on a 4k screen.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

4 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Yep,, tastes like word not allowed but at least I'm eating in the FSL cockpit 😁 And no sense installing it as it sounds like v5.1hf1 will be out next week whereupon FSL will have to update all over again.

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 1

Eric 

3 hours ago, brosss said:

Damian from HiFi said: "The P3D 5.1 release version has an issue preventing proper EA mode weather control via SimConnect with ASP3D (or any other weather add-on). We have forwarded our findings to P3D developers and we hope that it will be resolved soon with a new P3D update.

We should have our ASP3D compatible update posted very quickly after the fix is available."

Well, full stop on the install.

Eric 

4 hours ago, B777ER said:

Well, full stop on the install.

Don’t worry because its not true that no any other weather works with v5.1 just try P3DWX that is free, comes with historic weather, metar interpolation, sim weather, and current weather. Also Rex Sky Force works like a charm with EA too and FGRW has been updated. I unboxed the v5.1 and where live streaming along 7 hours with EA at ultra, PMDG, QW787, MJC8Q400, and Milviz KA350i with amazing clouds, 4k textures and 4xssa, terrain shadows, building and vegetation shadows, and speed trees on. The white artifact and the PBR metal are just about setting dynamic reflection on under certain conditions. I have found that Dynamics Reflections needs a P3D restart to work. By the way DR was the cause off rain in the cabin in P3D v5, if you deactivate in HF2 you get the rain and fog in cockpit fixed, and the blueish PBR metal too. 
And about no rain particles, as I saw in some posts, are not true too. 😉

i do not pretend you all watch my 7 hour live streaming, but take a fast look if one of you guys want to taste the true facts. V5.1 works like a charm compared to previous version, and HDR autoexposure and night lighting crisp are supperb. 

V4 started with issues and has been one of the best P3d versions (4.5) IMHO 

cheers

Edited by Gumerson
Typo errors
  • Like 1

Well, I reluctantly reinstalled the previous client. There were some things, that I couldn't overcome- much of which is a result of having a graphics card that can only be pushed so far. I'll have to read the list of fixes again, but has anyone else had problems with the PMDG 737 auto pilot in 5.1? On final to LIMC, the APP button disengaged and the aircraft just started to fly in a circle. Once I was able to re establish the lock, it did the same thing. I'll try it again tomorrow and see if it even had anything to do with the update. No problem.

6 hours ago, B777ER said:

And no sense installing it as it sounds like v5.1hf1 will be out next week whereupon FSL will have to update all over again.

Indeed, that's really disappointing. I'll also stick with 5.0 HF2 for now.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models