Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

P3D 5.1 Released

Not sure if this was posted but...FSL Lab Forum has:

"...Note that we anticipate another update once Lockheed Martin release their P3D v5.1 hotfix in the coming days..."

Whatever this means.

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Hi ,

Anyone had success with PMDG 777-200LR and P3D v5.1?

Sim crashed when using PMDG 777-200LR; 777-300ER is fine.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by ctruong

System: i7-9700 @ 3.00 GHz, ASUS TUF B360M-E GAMING motherboard, 32GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER graphics w/ 8GB GDDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Professional.

That's it.

I had enough of P3D v5.1 ..

Utterly piece of Junk as part of update.

Going back to P3D v5.0 HF2... 

At least it is stable and works.

Cheers,

Chris Truong.

Edited by ctruong
  • Like 1

System: i7-9700 @ 3.00 GHz, ASUS TUF B360M-E GAMING motherboard, 32GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER graphics w/ 8GB GDDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Professional.

Is EA now available in VR single pass or still stereo only?

Prepar3D v5 | PMDG 737NGXu/777 | FSLabs A320/A321 | www.united-virtual.com | www.deltava.org | ASUS Maximus XI Code Z390 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GDDR6X MSI Suprim X | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB | Samsung 43'' 4K curved TV | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD | Agronn 737 Captain's Yoke | VKB Gladiator NXT Stick | FSC 737 Throttle Quadrant | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

On 10/30/2020 at 2:00 PM, Gumerson said:

Don’t worry because its not true that no any other weather works with v5.1 just try P3DWX that is free, comes with historic weather, metar interpolation, sim weather, and current weather. Also Rex Sky Force works like a charm with EA too and FGRW has been updated. I unboxed the v5.1 and where live streaming along 7 hours with EA at ultra, PMDG, QW787, MJC8Q400, and Milviz KA350i with amazing clouds, 4k textures and 4xssa, terrain shadows, building and vegetation shadows, and speed trees on. The white artifact and the PBR metal are just about setting dynamic reflection on under certain conditions. I have found that Dynamics Reflections needs a P3D restart to work. By the way DR was the cause off rain in the cabin in P3D v5, if you deactivate in HF2 you get the rain and fog in cockpit fixed, and the blueish PBR metal too. 
And about no rain particles, as I saw in some posts, are not true too. 😉

i do not pretend you all watch my 7 hour live streaming, but take a fast look if one of you guys want to taste the true facts. V5.1 works like a charm compared to previous version, and HDR autoexposure and night lighting crisp are supperb. 

V4 started with issues and has been one of the best P3d versions (4.5) IMHO 

cheers

Hi ,

Which version of PMDG did you test? All PMDG's addons? Or just selected PMDG' s addons?

Cheers,

Chris Truong.

43 minutes ago, ctruong said:

Hi ,

Which version of PMDG did you test? All PMDG's addons? Or just selected PMDG' s addons?

Cheers,

Chris Truong.

Hi, 

All the PMDG addons officially compatible with v5 hf2. I made a flight without issues with QOTS and the BBJ. 

Also I tested the saturday update for ngxu base

Cheers 

Richard

7 minutes ago, Gumerson said:

Hi, 

All the PMDG addons officially compatible with v5 hf2. I made a flight without issues with QOTS and the BBJ. 

Also I tested the saturday update for ngxu base

Cheers 

Richard

Hi, 

So, this means that you did not test the PMDG 777 series (not compatible with v5 hf2, but there is a work-around to have it install on v5 hf2)?

Cheers,

Chris Truong.

6 hours ago, threegreen said:

Is EA now available in VR single pass or still stereo only?

Yes it is and is also very smooth. I am using WMR HP Reverb

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I couldn't do one flight with 5.1 - always crashes to desktop. Going back to 5.0.

5 hours ago, ctruong said:

Hi, 

So, this means that you did not test the PMDG 777 series (not compatible with v5 hf2, but there is a work-around to have it install on v5 hf2)?

Cheers,

Chris Truong.

The 777 isn't on v5?? 

v63vq9-5.png

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

The 777 isn't on v5?? 

Nope, not officially.

There is a work-around to install, but PMDG will not support the work-around.

Cheers,

Chris Truong.

PMDG's 777 is working flawlessly on 5.1 if anyone is interested. It's dead easy to install.

Also, there has been a private beta release of AS, they seem to get it working even with the issues 5.1 currently has, but i don't know whether it will become public in its current state or only when 5.1 HF1 comes out, but anyway, good news that progress is being made.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.7GHz · 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3800 14-15-12 · nVidia RTX2080Ti · Gigabyte x570i WiFi PRO · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2 SATA · LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz GSYNC · NZXT H210i · Fully Watercooled · Seasonic Core 650W 80+ GOLD

38.jpg

11 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

PMDG's 777 is working flawlessly on 5.1 if anyone is interested. It's dead easy to install.

Good to hear. Did you install it “into the sim“, or via add-on.xml?

Best regards, Dimitrios

2 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Good to hear. Did you install it “into the sim“, or via add-on.xml?

Can only be installed "normally". I just edited the registry and changed P3Dv4's path so it points to v5, installed and removed the registry entry.

Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.7GHz · 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3800 14-15-12 · nVidia RTX2080Ti · Gigabyte x570i WiFi PRO · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2 SATA · LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz GSYNC · NZXT H210i · Fully Watercooled · Seasonic Core 650W 80+ GOLD

38.jpg