Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

P3D 5.1 Released

On 11/4/2020 at 8:02 PM, rob0203 said:

Just a other side of the story:

I must say that I really like Prepar3d 5.1. it looks and performance really good on my system! Also with FSGRW the weather is really nice!

Took the plunge tonight. Only one flight so far. I'm with you on the performance. It's *REALLY* good. Blown away by it to be honest. 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

37 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Took the plunge tonight. Only one flight so far. I'm with you on the performance. It's *REALLY* good. Blown away by it to be honest. 

Do you mind sharing computer/gpu specs and what are your settings in P3D?

Eric 

Awaiting Flight1's update for the GTN series patiently 🙂

Definitely saw a performance increase for sure with this update.

Edited by zdsweet

As Symbol mentioned already, because 5.1 is solving some issues from which we were haunted in 5.0 it´s worth to update. The only fact that let me step back from the update was the missing AS compatibiltiy. Now as HiFi has something like "interim" patch i wiped of my 5.0 and went to 5.1. At least as i can use it with without EA but with AS and gain from other small issues resolved i´am happy so far. 

• Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

question.  I go to LM site and downloads.  Only the complete installer will download.  When I click the individual components to download nothing happens at all?  Anybody ever had this happen?

Disregard: Used a different browser and it worked

Edited by micstatic

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I am seeing the performance increase but the VC's with HDR on is almost pitch black..

Really not enjoyable 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

46 minutes ago, aceridgey said:

VC's with HDR on is almost pitch black..

This is because 3rd party content needs to be updated to cater for the new lighting environment. 

You cannot have a simulator with a new light engine and spec it to continue to work with all add-on's without any update.. such thing can only be achieved via which-crafting and Sorcering.. not via source code.

S.

my biggest concern with P3D at the moment is that I fully suspect some developers will get fed up of constant changes and just decide to fully move on to the new sim.  I fully get that they are in between a rock and a hard place.  But can we expect developers to continuously have to dedicate teams to updates which they can't even charge for?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

my biggest concern with P3D at the moment is that I fully suspect some developers will get fed up of constant changes and just decide to fully move on to the new sim.  I fully get that they are in between a rock and a hard place.  But can we expect developers to continuously have to dedicate teams to updates which they can't even charge for?

This would be reduced if all the developers follow the P3D SDK properly.  Not everyone follows it and mixes old habits from FSX SDK.  Problems are bound to happen.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

14 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Yes after all MSFS has no issues or bugs!!!

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

We cannot have evolution without changes, simple as that.. even for the new simulator stuff have to be built different.

Unless you are a scenery developer, there are 2 Options really:

A) Update your content and continue the evolution path.

B) Wait for the new sim SDK to be fully completed one day... ETA remains unknown..

The assumption posted on these forums that 3rd parties are leaving P3D behind do not have real facts.. what is happening in reality is that 3rd pary developers are building stuff for both sims with the same amount of resources as before and one platform do not have good documentation or finished tools (SDK), making it harder to deliver anything for it.

Most of users left P3D 3rd party developers back in March 2020 with the "actitud" of I am not buying anymore, s c r e w you.. die.., etc. .. then they arrived to the other side of the new sim to realize the promise land still requires 3rd parties.. now we are seeing up the consequences of the first action.. there is a "LAG / DELAY" to get stuff out because the message you sent was, forget P3D, something that now is reverting.

Now we have a split market.. with lots of people coming back to P3D and these have the expectation that 3rd party developers were going to be sitting there just waiting for them.. in my view things will move as usual, just at a slower speed... the entire system is balancing itself out while P3D / XP continue to evolve and morph..

S.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Yes after all MSFS has no issues or bugs!!!

Totally not my point.  I own but don't even use MSFS.  I'm just talking about economics.  If you were a developer would you rather sell something or fix something for free.?  I hate it just as much as you

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

Now we have a split market.. with lots of people coming back to P3D and these have the expectation that 3rd party developers were going to be sitting there just waiting for them.. in my view things will move as usual, just at a slower speed... the entire system is balancing itself out while P3D / XP continue to evolve and morph..

I think this pretty much sums it up....

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

Also another vector to consider is the pandemic itself.  I do know lots of folks have cut their spending to essentials due to pandemic; some are not spending any money on their hobby due to layoffs and what not.  When the the party time comes, there will be insane amount of addons to be bought.

It is challenging to be a business owner and a consumer today.

Yep, I do see sim development on slower speed right now too.

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I also want to add that P3d5, which was almost totally unknown in the mainstream gamer community has received a lot of attention because it supports a fleet of high quality 3rd party aircraft. People really like the modded A320 in MSFS but some now also realize that it's going to be a while before complex aircraft are available for MSFS.