Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

P3D 5.1 Released

2 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Tried deleting all shaders and rebuild cfg?

yep, complete clean install

Carsten U

Just now, RTK1972 said:

yep, complete clean install

I did the same thing, complete reinstall, plus deleting leftover shaders folder and p3d.cfg. Turned the EA off, and i have exact same performance like in 5.0

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Very disappointing to read through this topic, I was hoping v5.1 would make P3D really shine, the water is not fixed and people turning off EA, its EA that makes P3D "feel" like a new sim. The lighting and getting aways from 2D clouds and flat clouds. Very depressing to read through this topic. It seems no optimization to DX12/VRAM also. 

Sad 🤥

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

We pointed out the issues with objects visible thru clouds.

The problem is related to alpha blending, LM correct it for their own objects but you need to install the content and scenery section as well. If you still see these is more related to 3rd party content that will need updates.

Regarding comments on these forums from certain users in terms of my preference towards LM, you should ask other beta testers here how I interact during Beta... I am very honest to LM, in fact I am one of the the very few that raise my voice and concerns being totally honest with them.

I suggested to not release yet, I suggested to not to put EA out of beta yet.. I also suggested to find ways of correct the grid patterns or they would be smashed on forums and public media, among many things.

Unfortunately they had to release for reasons we don't know..

For me it is a very frustrating year for flight sim, MS SDK and ridiculous treatment to 3rd party developers.. And P3D still trying to catch up..

Looks like our dreams (as users and developers) will take still years to realise.. Not matter what platform...

The world is really upside down..

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 20
  • Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

We pointed out the issues with objects visible thru clouds.

The problem is related to alpha blending, LM correct it for their own objects but you need to install the content and scenery section as well. If you still see these is more related to 3rd party content that will need updates.

Regarding comments on these forums from certain users in terms of my preference towards LM, you should ask other beta testers here how I interact during Beta... I am very honest to LM, in fact I am one of the the very few that raise my voice and concerns being totally honest with them.

I suggested to not release yet, I suggested to not to put EA out of beta yet.. I also suggested to find ways of correct the grid patterns or they would be smashed on forums and public media, among many things.

Unfortunately they had to release for reasons we don't know..

For me it is a very frustrating year for flight sim, MS SDK and ridiculous treatment to 3rd party developers.. And P3D still trying to catch up..

Looks like our dreams (as users and developers) will take still years to realise.. Not matter what platform...

The world is really upside down..

S.

It is not you as a beta tester or several others like Rob. We know how hard you are trying to help.

Sometimes the frustration is geared towards the wrong person.

At the end it is LM who decides

Myself I really hoped that EA had been improved. Better adding less features that work than a lot of which several causes visual issues.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

13 minutes ago, simbol said:

If you still see these is more related to 3rd party content that will need updates.

I think we can pretty much forget about this. Most devs are unlikely to go back and talk their existing P3D sceneries in the current situation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I just want p3d to work correctly, EA is a nice addon but not the thing this simulator rotates around, first the basics than the advanced things......

• Like 1

This year and likely next I realize now are going to be quite disappointing for end users. My hopes for P3D 5.1 have been dashed. It still appears to be a no go with lots of issues. MSFS is also a no go because no airliners like I fly will be in it for some time. Looks like I will keep P3D 4.5 for a long time to come. LM are simply a massive disappointment. At least the MSFS dev's are open and communicating and you can see progress.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Eric 

Have the CTD issues related to the simconnect window (ATC, ActiveSky, GSX, etc.) been fixed?

Sorry if this was mentioned in a post but I'm not seeing this in the patch notes. Are those gnarly stair-step artifacts at the edges of the screen and some objects, which I saw in some screenshots and videos and I think is related to Enhanced Atmospherics, fixed with 5.1?

12 minutes ago, B777ER said:

This year and likely next I realize now are going to be quite disappointing for end users. My hopes for P3D 5.1 have been dashed. It still appears to be a no go with lots of issues. MSFS is also a no go because no airliners like I fly will be in it for some time. Looks like I will keep P3D 4.5 for a long time to come. LM are simply a massive disappointment. At least the MSFS dev's are open and communicating and you can see progress.

How very true.

There is so much potential there, but nothing quite stable, finished, complete.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Very disappointing to read through this topic, I was hoping v5.1 would make P3D really shine, the water is not fixed and people turning off EA, its EA that makes P3D "feel" like a new sim. The lighting and getting aways from 2D clouds and flat clouds. Very depressing to read through this topic. It seems no optimization to DX12/VRAM also. 

Sad 🤥

+1

couldnt agree more.  I was actually just getting in bed early last night when a mate txted me to tell me it was out.  Sad as i am,  I then jumped out of bed (to the grumblings of the missus) but somewhat excited at the prospect of 5.1 , and then saw this topic that it seems to be a nothing burger.  Got back in bed then seemily unexcited.  A let down (to the grumblings of the missus)   Although im not surprised to be fair.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 3

14ppkc-6.png

Urgh, i literally fresh installed v5 HF2 + loads of addons yesterday after decideing MSFS isnt ready yet.

My latest real flight I had dead battery, engine starter didnt even move. Fuel station went offline just when we pushed our aircraft down the tarmac to at least refuel it. So we have to push it further to another fuel station.

New try to start engine, nope. Call for help and let a more experienced pilot hand prop it for me.

Finally working, oh alternator is also bad, so INOP the Garmin Unit and I will be safe. Next Tower calls me and complains my flightplans needs to be delayed or else I lose my PPR. 
Total of 2hr delay and I havent even started my taxi.

But you know what, that is not even close to as frustrating as upgrading your simulator. I get so many gray hairs from this 😄

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |