Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

P3D 5.1 Released

16 minutes ago, Balint Szarka said:

Also sorry to say but we've got a lot of people here without patience.

Agreed, I know I can get it looking ok.  The images I have seen look like something to build upon.

• Like 1

Simon

19 minutes ago, Balint Szarka said:

Also sorry to say but we've got a lot of people here without patience.

Patience? We have a sim that some of us paid $200 for over 6 months ago with EA being its distinctive feature, released in Beta, with 5.1 being long being declared to bring EA "out of beta," but without fixing the bleed-through of objects through the clouds and haze. False advertising, if you ask me. (I am going off reports so far as I have not installed it, will gladly retract my statement if this is not the case.)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

8 minutes ago, simon747 said:

Agreed, I know I can get it looking ok.  The images I have seen look like something to build upon.

It looks fine, I just have lost some VRAM and FPS.

29 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

well simbol did say that 5.0 hf2 was "like completly new sim" to 5.0 out of the box beta. what a load of tosh that was.

why?   you think the military are going stop blowing money on it.  with the greatest amount of respect, wake up.

Here in this forum we are not the military. We've got different preferences and expectations that sadly havn't been fulfilled as it appears from the posts here.

In the contrary we're not exactly LMs clients anyway. Still LM compiled a long list of fixes and enhancements they probably wouldn't present to us if we were not important for them. A bit. At least. And, last, they still sell it to us.

It's really hard to judge.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Well, big changes will come with P3Dv5.2.

LOL.

Shame on you LM, shame on you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I really don't see any change, either for the better or for the worse with 5.1. Don't forget to update ASP3D to beta #8.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, kaha said:

Here in this forum we are not the military. We've got different preferences and expectations that sadly havn't been fulfilled as it appears from the posts here.

In the contrary we're not exactly LMs clients anyway. Still LM compiled a long list of fixes and enhancements they probably wouldn't present to us if we were not important for them. A bit. At least. And, last, they still sell it to us.

It's really hard to judge.

Karl

Basically us hobbyists act as a vast, free testing pool for the far smaller but more lucrative number of LM training products customers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Well, big changes will come with P3Dv5.2.

LOL.

Shame on you LM, shame on you.

Have a look at the changelog - there's been an awful lot done under the bonnet/hood. 

Be good to hear simbols and Rob opinions on it.  As simbol thinks LM walks on water and Rob said to steer clear of v5 until 5.1

Year of the simmer and flightsim conferences and all that jive.

Meanwhile in the real world LM are probably laughing at the Godzilla Mod that the kids like and a dodgy 320 neo what the you tubers like, while selling 500 copies of professional plus to some civil servants with great ease. 

People are really quite naive

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

41 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Yes. I don't know about your other issues though.

Thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

I switched back to HF2 client. Waiting on GTN,EZDok and Active sky. The visuals are about the same but some functionality issues with my AMD card were fixed, ie ...preview screen and lighting. I guess more point releases will be needed for the visual stuff, not totally surprised. 

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

5 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Be good to hear simbols and Rob opinions on it.  As simbol thinks LM walks on water and Rob said to steer clear of v5 until 5.1

They also convert water into wine... and resuscitate on the 3rd day.

Have a nice day m8.. chill

S.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Isn't FSLabs in the beta team for LM.  They should know that the update is coming.  Even PMDG knew it was coming

I belive not after malwaregate 

14ppkc-6.png

11 minutes ago, Malcolm Street said:

Basically us hobbyists act as a vast, free testing pool for the far smaller but more lucrative number of LM training products customers.

Those training products custumers also would want to fly in a working EA, wouldn't they?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

I just tried it now, although is smoother, but issues that I am still facing :

- vram usage still the same, in fact I got the device error pop-up when somehow my vram crossed 5.6gb out of 7.1. Please don't ask me to lower down my graphics settings because is already lower to what I can get get on 4.5.

- still this black textures on object when changing the views, although less. 

- EA is still has this shimmering around the objects, same as HF2. 

- CTD for unknown reasons. 

Sometimes I think, I would wished if they just stayed with DX11, this vram issue is combo breaker to me. Is insane that I need to buy 1500€ graphics card with 20gb just to avoid CTDs or even lower down the graphics settings which they are already somewhat on the medium range. 

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super