Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

Anybody aware in which confg file the controllers profiles are stored? Possibly emtying this file will allow the sim recognizing the controllers again?

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's near the very bottom of graphics options, it's not very strong

Is this with the Ultra setting? The sample count doesn't seem particularly high, but it might look better in motion I guess.

11 minutes ago, robert young said:

Not so here. Gauges are blurred to approximately FS98 standards!

Set blur to off in option general tab

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Is this with the Ultra setting? The sample count doesn't seem particularly high, but it might look better in motion I guess.

It's on high. I didn't think of trying higher. Set it to Ultra it is a bit more notable.

Most likely cause of the CTDs is that they changed the controller profiles to handle the new options for the sensitivity settings, but didn't put in any code to handle the old profiles.

So when it loads the old profiles it cause some kind of buffer overrun or underrun....and they have no exception handling...so instead of throwing up an error and falling back to the default profile....the whole sim crashes.

We need the $%$#$# beta channel.  Their testing is clearly not sufficient.  I'm not sure it even makes sense to have more patches at all without the beta channel program being setup.  They are just not capable of testing these releases adequately. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

This sucks! My throttle ain't working.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have never removed anything from my community folder. I just run the update and let it do it's thing. Never an issue here with CTD's or anything. I did go through my content manager after the update and there were probably 10 or so items that needed to be updated there as well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

15 minutes ago, doublem said:

A few pages up people are making the sim start if all usb devices are disconnected. You should try this and the connect one by one if it helps.

I disconnected everything but my keyboard and mouse. Still CTD. 

wthomas33065---
---But it's definitely the Thrustmaster HOTAS X causing the CTD.  That's been verified. ------

I have HOTAS X, no CTD, Steam, 6600k, GTX 1160, never had any problems (until today)) and was very happy,
 fly only c172 classic.
I can`t take off now. Pulling joystick up all the way, flaps full, trim -whatever. After fighting with it managed
to get up 10-15 metres, put AP on and all good...went around for touch and go, AP off on approach, landed normal,
accelerated , joystick up...started again . Checked calibration= all good...what to do ..((

5 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Most likely cause of the CTDs is that they changed the controller profiles to handle the new options for the sensitivity settings, but didn't put in any code to handle the old profiles.

Reset profiles to default. No help.

Used old Thurstmaster and Saitek profiles for pedals and yoke. No problem.

Plug in Saitek panels and CTD.

I am so impressed with this update holy moly Asobo thanks much

AA is amazing now on aircraft - scenery - buildings - it ROCKS turned super sampling - texturing filtering way down no need for it now - so nice

50 seconds to start sim - nights a bit better well see - this is what I call an update

Asobo your awesome but dont mess up these wonderful AA settings  🙂

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 3

Rich Sennett

It seems like some people who have connected peripherals through certain USB hubs are having issues. 

The only  issues I noticed was that the sensitivity was changed. Had to pull back hard on the joystick to take off.

Thrustmaster 16.000M joystick works fine.

Logitech/Saitek Throttle Quadrants x2 works fine.

Logitech/Saitek Rudder Pedals work fine. 

All are connected through a USB hub. I'm not running FSUIPC. I have the Microsoft Store version of the sim.

• Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

5 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

I am so impressed with this update holy moly Asobo thanks much

AA is amazing now on aircraft - scenery - buildings - it ROCKS turned super sampling - texturing filtering way down no need for it now - so nice

50 seconds to start sim nice - nights a bit better well see - this is what I call an update

Asobo your awesome but dont mess it these wonderful implements up again 🙂

Thank you for sharing that.....You *******!

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.