Sign in to follow this  
bbking

FlyTampa Las Vegas released!

50 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

From one Steve to another....what are your specs so we can narrow down if its VRAM that is killin it?

You Bet...4.0 Ghz, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB RAM...using a 4K TV but Render Scaling turned WAY down to 70.

Steve

2 hours ago, pvupilot said:

I can also confirm bad performance on my end. 10fps at the airport in the cub, 17 around the city. 

Specs are i7-9700k @ 4.8Ghz all 8 cores, GTX 1080ti, 32GB RAM and SSD. My VRAM usage is at 10.5GB FYI.

Ouch the VRAM usage is high and puts anyone w/ an 8GB card out of the market for this scenery currently!

Chris Camp

FlyTampa’s comments to Dillon on their forum about low performance suggests that I would wait for a fix before buying the scene. Outrageous...

Edited by guibru

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

By the reply it seems like he doesn’t really think it needs or there’s much that can be done to improve the frames. I don’t feel an 8 core 4.8Ghz CPU, GTX1080ti and 32GB RAM is too low of a PC to run the scenery in the 30’s...

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Downloading now and will see if I can make sense of the CTD and poor fps. Wish me luck!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

19 minutes ago, guibru said:

FlyTampa’s comments to Dillon on their forum about low performance suggests that I would wait for a fix before buying the scene. Outrageous...

Easy! This scenery is the first of it kind with all kinds of animations. Give Emilios a chance to figure it out.

I've noticed performance to be either stellar (30+ up to 45 fps), or terrible (14-16 fps), and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. My VRAM usage is around 7500-8080MB. I've found with the Longitude if I load into KLAS at SW Parking 9 go through startup and pushback, taxi north toward the strip, then turn to the east, shortly after the turn to the east my GPU wattage and TDP both take a sh*#%$^t, and fps drops from 35 to 16. If I continue to taxi back to the original parking, after a bit the performance comes back to 30-35fps. Something is causing the GPU to throttle down...I don't understand it! With this scenery every time my performance goes south, it's like my GPU just decides to take a little nap. Also noticed when performance is good GPU-z reports "Bus Interface Load" at 2-3%, but when performance is bad, while the GPU is napping the Bus Interface jumps to 45-55%.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

10 minutes ago, pvupilot said:

By the reply it seems like he doesn’t really think it needs or there’s much that can be done to improve the frames. I don’t feel an 8 core 4.8Ghz CPU, GTX1080ti and 32GB RAM is too low of a PC to run the scenery in the 30’s...

The issue is with the city animations I'm sure of it.  Reading through the forums the XPlane11 version needed a patch to replace the animations as it was too much.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Downloading now and will see if I can make sense of the CTD and poor fps. Wish me luck!

Remember after you try it remove the city out of the community folder then try it again.  I guarantee you'll get better results.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Remember after you try it remove the city out of the community folder then try it again.  I guarantee you'll get better results.

I have to do exactly what everyone has done. There's an update to the objects.bgl file posted by Emilios for testing the CTD.

OK. No problems with fps. Airport by itself:

LvNUrdL.png

Edited by DJJose

No CTD and good fps during the day with the city enabled.

KQ3Epsw.png

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

Just now, DJJose said:

No CTD ad good fps during the day with the city enabled.

That's promising, I've been hesitant to buy based on the early FPS issues noted.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

That's promising, I've been hesitant to buy based on the early FPS issues noted.  

So far no issues.

What about at night?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU