Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0) is now live!!!

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

Did anyone notice a worse CPU optimization with this patch?

With the previous one I tested my new CPU (i9-10850K) for a few days and the 1080 Ti I am temporarily using bottlenecked it in all situations (1440p / Ultra).

Today for the entire ground handling time in the A320 (Asobo default) at Dubai Airport the fps were limited by the main thread, even in external view. Glass cockpit refresh rate is set to medium, no mods installed.

It was not the traffic, even disabling real traffic and reducing all the vehicles to 25% I did not gain fps and it stayed on "limited by main thread".

Yep. Getting main thread limited on my r3600 and 1080ti at around 24fps, even set to High-medium settings and cockpit refresh set to low to try to compensate. Not happy about that.

2 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

main thread limited

Not seen here so far all fine. But I have to admit that with my i5-2500 I am limited anyway and used to it. Nonetheless smooth feeling

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

So ASOBO could not address and fix the terrain issues near coastlines or add watermasks, but instead introduced more mesh issues with spikes and more abnormalities. Are they ever going to get this sim right? It has become progressively worse after every update. They need to take a long holiday hiatus and really reconsider their plan, if they even have one. So far this sim is a fiasco. No rant, just the facts!

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

26 minutes ago, DJJose said:

So ASOBO could not address and fix the terrain issues near coastlines or add watermasks, but instead introduced more mesh issues with spikes and more abnormalities. Are they ever going to get this sim right? It has become progressively worse after every update. They need to take a long holiday hiatus and really reconsider their plan, if they even have one. So far this sim is a fiasco. No rant, just the facts!

I wouldn't go as far as to call it a fiasco.  Overall, it is still on the right trajectory.

As annoying as the coastline bug is (and now the new abnormalities) might I remind everyone that we had morphing, snapping, crackling and popping terrain/ mesh scenery (The Rice Crispies Phenomenon) in FSX/P£D for over 2 decades -  and there was never any plan to resolve that.  Yet we lived with it and thought it was 'amazing' - even with £100's of pounds and dollars thrown at addon scenery.  This might last 2-3 point releases at best

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 7

XBox controller...rudders do not return to 0...if I hit right rudder and let off, the rudder is glued to the right.  Can't fly like this.  When is the next update? 😞

Paul

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrNuke said:

The Missouri River at KOMA has been finally fixed. Terrain spikes just North of the airport are still present from the last update though.

Spire fixes without water elevation adjustments will be added for KOMA this weekend as a separate version. This mod does however still work fine in its current state to hide the spire errors: https://flightsim.to/file/4022/elevation-fixes-for-omaha-nebraska-area-koma

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 2

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

21 minutes ago, Paul Anderegg said:

XBox controller...rudders do not return to 0...if I hit right rudder and let off, the rudder is glued to the right.  Can't fly like this.  When is the next update? 😞

Paul

Same here?  Joystick does the same. What is the problem ?  Any suggestions ?

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

24 minutes ago, DJJose said:

oh man, you really are the most negative person.

why dont you give up on playing this, its not for weak minded ppl.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Anyone tried the 787 and has the behavior improved ?

Thanks

I'll try to be kind... No way I would take it on vatsim.  Unfortunately its still a mess.  The AP seems to follow the FD a little better, but cant change the FMC LEGS page and do a DTO on one of the waypoints. Then its just follows the FD in a tight circle. Dont use VNAV at all.  Seems like its not even coded for it. Use V/S for FLCH if you like to walk on fire. Entering an ILS and STAR into the DEP/ARR page didnt add any waypoints to the LEGS page.   In short, still unusable unless you hand fly it. Or maybe its just mine and someone else has a better experience with it. 

Its too bad there is no modded project to fix this aircraft up like FBW A32N. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

2 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

I'll try to be kind... No way I would take it on vatsim.  Unfortunately its still a mess.  The AP seems to follow the FD a little better, but cant change the FMC LEGS page and do a DTO on one of the waypoints. Then its just follows the FD in a tight circle. Dont use VNAV at all.  Seems like its not even coded for it. Use V/S for FLCH if you like to walk on fire. Entering an ILS and STAR into the DEP/ARR page didnt add any waypoints to the LEGS page.   In short, still unusable unless you hand fly it. Or maybe its just mine and someone else has a better experience with it. 

Its too bad there is no modded project to fix this aircraft up like FBW A32N. 

Yeah had to same experience if I could just put a random waypoint into the legs page then I could use it on Vatsim otherwise it's staying in the hangar!

It's almost 2021 which means we're 6 months away from a possible QW 787 releasing for FS2020!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, highflyer2020 said:

Yeah had to same experience if I could just put a random waypoint into the legs page then I could use it on Vatsim otherwise it's staying in the hangar!

It's almost 2021 which means we're 6 months away from a possible QW 787 releasing for FS2020!

How awesome a QW787 would be in MSFS right now.  The proper Boeing representation right now sucks rocks. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

10 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Do you use g-sync? I do. I’ve just read that the new nvidia drivers cause frame pacing issues with g-sync enabled. And it’s recommended to go back to the 457.30 driver. I am going to test this tomorrow morning. 

Changing to driver 457.30 seems to have helped, I flew the same route I did yesterday with the same settings, and the game was running much smoother without any fps decrease, changing back to driver 457.30 seems promising.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

40 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

Yep. Getting main thread limited on my r3600 and 1080ti at around 24fps, even set to High-medium settings and cockpit refresh set to low to try to compensate. Not happy about that.

There must have been a modification 2 or 3 updates back. I have been "GPU limited" during all alpha/beta cycle and after release up until a month or so ago. I actually was pretty proud of my stellar performance and fluidity.

Then came that named update. My fps went down from close to 30 to around 22 in the same place and using the same settings (not exact figures, just rough values). Plus, fluidity was gone, not really big stutters but it doesn't feel as fluid as before. Upon checking I detected I have been "Main Thread limited" since.

I find differing reports on this, here as well as on the official forum. Some made the same observation; others reported no change or even better results since. Accordingly, I guess it's (at least) hardware/system-dependent.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

53 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I'll put up with the odd artefact now I've got my frames back. Older rig; 4790K and 1080Ti, 16 Gig GDDR3, running Nvidia 460.

The last update thieved about 10 FPS and left me with a stutter fest. That's gone now and I'm back to very smooth indeed on mostly MEDIUM settings.

Clouds look like clouds again and the whole rig feels a lot snappier.

A quick circuit around my local and the control sensitivities of the C172 felt very, very good indeed. Inertia is there at last.

Best Update so far for me. Just shows how all our mileages vary. 'Twas ever thus and ever shall be.

Yes.  1080Ti here as well and I can confirm.  4k at 80% scaling, mainly high settings, but some ultra, LOD 200.

The issue that was introduced at the previous update - stuttering (especially when viewing sideways out of the cockpit) and the drop in frames seems to have gone.  Much smoother!  👍 

No placebo effect as I have actually put my settings back to 80% scaling (from 70%) and SS back to x8 (from x6), and it is much better on my specific test flights I use.

Much happier with this, but I really hope they can fix the artifacts; they spoil it! 🙁

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The big difference for me was ensuring the frame rate limiter was set in the NVIDIA control panel instead of in the game, which I did a couple months ago. I have not noticed any change in performance between the different versions, but the game is variable performance-wise so it is difficult to test reliably. Need to reboot before each test otherwise doesn't mean much IMO.

I would say performance may have improved slightly, but not drastically.

My specs are: RTX 2060 slightly OC'd (same as non-OC GTX 1070 pretty much) with AMD 3600 and 32GB ram is my setup.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram