Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Piaggio / FW P.149 released for MSFS (ATSim)!

" By the way - excellent picture Carl - yours look so sharp.  London city.  I have that and the London scenery.  Both are much better after the updates. "

I have an S load of UK scenery packs downloaded but not installed until the UK update from Asobo comes through. Then I'll have to put these in one by one while checking their compatibility.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I bought this bird on the strength of their AN2 from FSX. Today was the first day I was able to really check it out, and frankly I'm a bit surprised by the extremely sub-par quality of textures of the cockpit seat backs and the back wall of the cockpit space--I am seeing splotches where I should clearly see fasteners--they are very low res and they are very much below the standard set by this sim and by their competitors at Carenado and Indiafoxtecho. And no, this isn't a detail: if the game's hanger space is designed for us to simply look at these aircraft closely, this addon fails that moment.

I do hope ATSim makes an effort to replace those textures with something that is worthy of the platform. I won't be jumping on the AN2 until I see this fix with their first offering. (kinda an ORBX city of London moment, isn't it?)

• Like 1

Something is amiss then, because the last thing I would criticise would be the texturing. No-one I know would either. There's about 6-7 of us with it and not a single complaint.

Not about that anyway.

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

OK, I'm not trying to use hasty generalization here, but since developer is Russian speaking I would not expect update earlier than after January 13 LOL Disclimber I could be of course wrong of course. Actually, I hope I'm wrong! 🙂

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Will the pilot, co pilot and passengers appear and disappear based on the payload settings? 

all other planes I have tried, the pilot and co pilot are sitting there no matter the settings 

Edited by tommy10101

Well, one of the workarounds for having our pilots sitting outside of the aircraft (see above) is to enter a "0" weight for all pilots and passengers. You end up flying what appears to be an empty cockpit, but then that is an improvement. Let's hope that Andrey comes up with a fundamental solution here.

So yes, you can change the appearance of humans in the cockpit from the external camera.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Love this plane.
Pilot seems a bit casual though.

Works great with a lot of the AirManager instruments. But I am having a bit of hard time, can't seem to get the VOR to work in AirManager or in the native display.

Definitely my fav VFR plane at this point.

Is there a fix for the pilot position?
My first flight he was inside, but second and third flights he and the copilot decided to play it safe and distance w/o masks.

133567464_5407181055974350_3015391829158

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

I just tried the VOR, it works as it should. What exactly isn't working on your system?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

2 hours ago, Viking01 said:

I just tried the VOR, it works as it should. What exactly isn't working on your system?

I tried 4 times after complete reboots of computer.

But no matter what. When I tune to a nearby VOR freq. there is no indication on the needle, I can turn it fine but needle stays centered. Even w/o running AirManager. 

My ADF also seems funky, can't pick up a station and it spins in slow circles.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I downloaded and installed yesterday, so I assume I have the latest version.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Post a screenshot of your overhead switches and ADF radio switches. Your problems may lie with either of those. 

41 minutes ago, 177B said:

I tried 4 times after complete reboots of computer.

But no matter what. When I tune to a nearby VOR freq. there is no indication on the needle, I can turn it fine but needle stays centered. Even w/o running AirManager. 

My ADF also seems funky, can't pick up a station and it spins in slow circles.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I downloaded and installed yesterday, so I assume I have the latest version.

After getting your plane started and everything running as you think it should try hitting alt+e. I know it’s not realistic but if this works it may get you by until an update. Radios are wonky for me too(won’t tune through ATC). Also make sure they are turned on(inside left knob press there I think)

Edited by Daytona125
Forgot something

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

With all switches - including those on the overhead panel - switched on, everything works fine. The only thing I found is that the auto-tuning of the radios does not work. ALT+E seems to be necessary for some users, not for me though.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

28 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

After getting your plane started and everything running as you think it should try hitting alt+e. I know it’s not realistic but if this works it may get you by until an update. Radios are wonky for me too(won’t tune through ATC). Also make sure they are turned on(inside left knob press there I think)

OK thanks,

I will try ALT-E.

I do have all the switches on, and I switched to English, just to be sure my German is not great.

Happy new year all.

I also heard that putting pilot and copilot weight to 0 is supposed to eliminate the windy flying positions. I will try that.

Pit.jpg

Sounds good and make sure you are in range of the selected VOR.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Great I finally got the VOR working and interesting even DME works.

I had to both ALT-E a few times. And turn both the Nav and the Com radios on/off a few times and all of a sudden the VOR works both in the native panel and in AirManager. In AM I also get the DME working showing GS as well. This is great.

Below are some shots of how I navigate to my home airport. Radial and distance its me right over Fryeburg airport:

FW5.jpg

FW2.jpg

FW1.jpg

Putting 0 weight pilot and copilot keeps them out of the wind.

FW3.jpg

FW4.jpg

• Like 2

Pit.jpg