Sign in to follow this  
jpe828

The Aerostar won't be first...

15 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Based on his own comments in his forum, they airplane is a write off... going to scrap. Not worth the repairs!

That is said, there must be more damage than it appears

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

13 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

possibily a stupid question, but would you need to replace the engines even if the prop struck when the engines was off?

There is no such thing as stupid questions ! The reason is why engine get compromised after prop strike is damage done to crankshaft. It's very hard to re-certified even after through repair.

The airplane that I own had prop strike accident (many years  before I purchased it) as a result  engine that had been replaced . And the one I currently have is two years older than airplane according logs !

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

A gear up landing always is prop strike, isn't it?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

29 minutes ago, kaha said:

A gear up landing always is prop strike, isn't it?

Karl

Maybe not for a few planes like a AC50 twin commander.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

13 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

So we simmers in general are not that bad, it's probably just thís forum😉

Well, it's just this (MSFS forum) where you get that.   Not AVSIM in general.  FYI, see below:

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Think it will be one their existing aircraft.  I'm hoping for either the 182, Texan or Cherokee 180 to be the first out the door.  If its a new model my hope is for a Spitfire MK IX.

Any warbird. Especially the Zero (unlikely for A2A to do another Zero, they did one for FS9 and it also worked in FSX).

The Zero could out turn any other fighter down below 4000 feet or so. And was very stable and easy to fly and land. Which would make it perfect one seatter GA modern high speed plane, except that it had a 1500 Horsepower engine and guzzled gas. Which is not a big disadvantage in a flightsim. It's maneuverability and stability was out of this world.

The Warhawk looked more cool (my avatar).

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Naki18 said:

Think it will be one their existing aircraft.  I'm hoping for either the 182, Texan or Cherokee 180 to be the first out the door.  If its a new model my hope is for a Spitfire MK IX.

I think so too... and there is no Warbird yet for the sim. So they may want to steal first on that one....  I would love the Bo or Comanche but I doubt it. Never tried the T6 or the Cherokee... I would be happy with anything, but happier on the GA side. 

Little update snippet from Scott today on the sim version.... I wonder if we might see something from A2A in the not too distant future!

"Many will be shocked what they learn when they fly this plane, as these lessons are applicable to any high performance twin. So there is zero chance we will not be making the A2A Aerostar. It's very far along.

I suppose a cool way to look at this is, A2A's job is to make N122PC live forever through Accu-Sim. It's even more important now, especially since these straight 600's are getting so rare."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

Any warbird. Especially the Zero (unlikely for A2A to do another Zero, they did one for FS9 and it also worked in FSX).

The Zero could out turn any other fighter down below 4000 feet or so. And was very stable and easy to fly and land. Which would make it perfect one seatter GA modern high speed plane, except that it had a 1500 Horsepower engine and guzzled gas. Which is not a big disadvantage in a flightsim. It's maneuverability and stability was out of this world.

The Warhawk looked more cool (my avatar).

Stay tuned today my friend 🙂

42 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Stay tuned today my friend 🙂

You can't just drop that and leave!!

1 hour ago, jpe828 said:

You can't just drop that and leave!!

Actually i can, and its even worst than that. 😄 5 minutes after that comment and maybe an hour from posting an official announcement, we got words than a dev is working on the same aircraft as us, so we'll have to stay in secrecy a while longer 😄 sooooorry 😛

• Upvote 1