Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Trinidad TB21 for MSFS

45 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Makes sense, yes. Do i have to install the update pack too or is it already included in the most recent installer?

id say the most recent installer have everything, but i could be wrong. best contact Bill to make sure

I just sent Bill an email asking him to add the version number to the installer to avoid confusion.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

40 minutes ago, MediaHypeTrain said:

The most recent installer includes the "fixes" already, this was stated on a Facebook post from Lionheart.

The problem here is we can't tell. There are two files installer and fix. Go figure which version or date. 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Hmmm....so I bought this plane and really like the looks of it as well as its flying characteristics.

But my FPS absolutely TANK when I'm in the cockpit view - I'll get 60 FPS external and it drops to 20-30 FPS internal and when watching FPS with the development counter my constraint is the GPU when in external view and while in internal it is HEAVILY "constrained by the CPU"?

Am I doing something wrong here - none of my Carenados and other aircraft exhibit this behavior and I'd very much like to make this my plane of choice for GA.

My CPU is a  i9-10900K 10/20 3.70GHz [Turbo 5.2GHz] and GPU is a RX 6800 16GB GDDR6.

5 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

But my FPS absolutely TANK when I'm in the cockpit view - I'll get 60 FPS external and it drops to 20-30 FPS internal and when watching FPS with the development counter my constraint is the GPU when in external view and while in internal it is HEAVILY "constrained by the CPU"?

This one thing stops me buying it.  You get this with a 10900 as well - not exactly a slow cpu!  No good having nice looks if it flies choppy.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On 2/1/2021 at 2:56 PM, DJJose said:

As per product page:

BUILD 3.2, released Jan 30th, 2021 
* Exterior View of Gauges Fixed
* Environment Occlusion Mesh installed to keep rain and snow out of cabin
* Blurry/hazy font on GPS units fixed, crisp and proper

BUILD 3.1, released Jan 29th, 2021 
* Flashing A-pillars and B-pillars is fixed
* Faulty animations on Battery, Alternator, Lights-1, Lights-2, and Lights-3 knobs fixed; missing animation codes from revamp.  Fixed.
* Flashing glass on occassional angles to sun, mostly fixed, down to only the front interior plexi flashing now. 

BUGS AND ISSUES:

* Presently Doors are inoperative.  This is a known Asobo issue and hopefully repaired soon.  
* Flashing at front windscreen from exterior view only and certain angles to sun only.
* The instrument panel lights are 'always on' at night.  Asobo presently do not have a way to turn off 2D XML Instrumentation that feature light mapping.  Hopefully this will be updated soon in the simulator.
* You 'might' need to use Control-E for engine starts.  A bug that is industry wide is reporting starting issues on some addon planes with some computers.

So how come the Carenado airplanes work fine? I can open doors and do a manual engine start from cold and dark. Wouldn't they have the same problem if this was a sim issue?

New patch out for this thing...

Version 3.5 changes/improvements:

Camera settings for interior and exterior improved, revamped

Weight and CG reset and revamped with rear passengers added

Interior lighting modes redone and revamped and improved moderately

Two far distance LOD models added for those that use the Trinidad in multi player mode and as AI aircraft

Prop blades still texture decolored of odd tint

Touchups to the new fuselage high resolution bump map (normal map)

Edits to manual to show new camera systems and lighting functionalities

Vx1SXaW.jpg

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I like the "Interior lighting modes redone and revamped and improved moderately."

hDsr8GN.png

It's still an FPS hog.😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

I like the "Interior lighting modes redone and revamped and improved moderately."

hDsr8GN.png

It's still an FPS hog.😀

thats what old xml gauges does to ya! 🙂

• Like 1

Is this plane supposed to be turbocharged?  I'm running the latest version 3.5 but I'm losing power on climb to higher altitudes.

I've flown a few flights, and last night I wanted to do a longer, high-altitude cross country, IFR at 14,000 feet.  I saw decreasing manifold pressure, and at 14,000 feet my MP was at 16 at full throttle.  I tried the same flight in the Carenado Mooney, which isn't turbocharged, and got very similar performance.

To check, I tried my Carenado T182 which is turbocharged, and held an MP of 30 all the way to 14,000 feet.

I thought this Trinidad was turbocharged, and expected better high altitude performance.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this not a turbocharged aircraft? I didn't see any discussion about this so I thought I'd check to see what other users were experiencing. 

-Scott

6 hours ago, ScottCB said:

Is this plane supposed to be turbocharged?  I'm running the latest version 3.5 but I'm losing power on climb to higher altitudes.

I've flown a few flights, and last night I wanted to do a longer, high-altitude cross country, IFR at 14,000 feet.  I saw decreasing manifold pressure, and at 14,000 feet my MP was at 16 at full throttle.  I tried the same flight in the Carenado Mooney, which isn't turbocharged, and got very similar performance.

To check, I tried my Carenado T182 which is turbocharged, and held an MP of 30 all the way to 14,000 feet.

I thought this Trinidad was turbocharged, and expected better high altitude performance.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this not a turbocharged aircraft? I didn't see any discussion about this so I thought I'd check to see what other users were experiencing. 

-Scott

You can add a turbocharger by editing the engines.cfg file. That's what I did and it works pretty well.

Thanks to the fact that it's files are not encrypted.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Big update today for the Trinidad TB21 for MSFS

* Pilots that sit outside 'bug' are now fixed.

* Proper KT76C Transponder that refused to work (small digital window, orange font) has now been rectified and runs nicely

* Improvements to gauge code and instruments config to improve frame rate performance

* Heading knob that refused to animate, now works.

Its been an intense 2 weeks, trying to get all this done. So sorry it took so long. The worst was the pilots bug and transponder. The one thing I couldnt fix is getting rain effects on the glass. Sadly, my bird has lots of these odd black-out zones and shading so it used a 'regular' MSFS material instead of 'Windshield' material. Until I can get the shading and blackzones and tint for exterior to all work in harmony with the MSFS Asobo 'Windshield' material, they will have to remain as they are.

The props are awesome. There are two versions; slow RPM and high RPM. High RPM are less visible and nearly voice of fan shapes in the rear black zone. The stripes on the front disc are to scale and improved. The Asobo fan technology uses 'Fresnal Ramp' shading technology that cause the blades to fade out at a certain angle, so as you go from front view to size view, the front fan slowly becomes invisible as the side 'paddles' become visible. Its all done very smoothly and faintly. Subtle...

I was so glad to get that darn Transponder working. For Months I have fought with that, getting code help from Aosobo team members, etc. Nothing seemed to work. Then 2 days ago, it worked.

Today, before I uploaded the installer, I was able to get the Heading knob working proper. A blessed day...

I also found some snags in the instrumentation config that I feel explains why the hits on frame rates were so high. I was able to make some adjustments and feel they will be working much smoother now.

Also... On lights... A friend in the developer field was showing me a really nice Asobo spotlight effect, which I had wanted for the Trinidad long ago... It is brilliant. Its a invisible light cone and is actually very bright. I have them (multiple points) setup now in the interior as the dome lights. Use the bottom knob of the 3 light knobs on the pilots instrument pod to work them.

I am sorry this update came out on a Friday evening, as it means that most of you cannot get the update till Monday or Tuesday, but to let you know.... It has rolled out. All installers sent to web stores. They should have them up and running soon, in the next couple of days.

Happy flights!

Bill

LHC

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Does anyone know if this update has been released?  I haven’t received an email from Simmarket and there’s no version number on the download file there.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Does anyone know if this update has been released?  I haven’t received an email from Simmarket and there’s no version number on the download file there.

Yes. 

• Like 1