Sign in to follow this  
mattn

Asobo posts about World Update 3 flaps flight model issue

Hi everyone,

We appreciate the passion we are seeing for this particular bug and your feedback on the situation is duly noted and will be passed on to the rest of the team for further consideration. We hear you. We would like to however, reiterate that the workaround provided is simply a workaround you can use if you so choose. We were not insinuating that fixing this bug is up to you, the community. It is simply a temporary fix for those who feel comfortable enough to execute. This is our teams mistake and it is now being worked on. We know this is not ideal for everyone’s simming experience but the team is focused on bringing you Sim Update 3 with this bug fully fixed. We recognize it was our mistake. If there is an update or change of plans, I will keep you updated.

For now, however, we are closing this thread as there is already a thread 106 that talks about this issue. Please leave any further feedback there. Thank you!

• Like 1

I had no problem landing with the new TBM mod last night.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

27 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Wouldn't know never got into those titles, I'm just commenting on consistent poorly released Updates that break something new time & time again, very very simple things at that. They clearly have issues with their Testing & Release work, you cannot deny that.

yes sir, definitely, and its going to happen  again and again, funnnnnn  (not).

12 hours ago, Nedo68 said:

...bah! and no one believed me.

Me neither! 🤔

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Wouldn't know never got into those titles, I'm just commenting on consistent poorly released Updates that break something new time & time again, very very simple things at that. They clearly have issues with their Testing & Release work, you cannot deny that.

I think this one was more of a typo as far as I am aware. It's not ideal, but it's not a deal breaker, but it's still annoying and sloppy i agree. The only glitch that actually was bad to the point where large criticism was justified, was the one where the electrics were cutting out on the avionics; now that I agree was something they should have been on quicker than they were.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I just tried some landings with 152, 172 and TBM. Normal landings at normal speed, no problems. Why didn't I float? Am I too insensitive too feel the problem or does this bug not appear with every plane?

A320NX was fine too, but that was the newest dev version, they probably fixed already.

We are looking at three weeks to the next update, or more if its delayed again. 
If the issue is so simple, a quick hotfix would be in order I think.  Hardly a massive download.  Why can't they just do this? 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I applied the fix to the TBM 930 mod by mixMugs - works great. Greased the landing at 82 knots. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

They broke something critical and now they tell you "oops wait till next month". Oh boy their update process really needs a complete rework. With their Q&A team of course 

+1²  (what he said!)

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

I applied the fix to the TBM 930 mod by mixMugs - works great. Greased the landing at 82 knots. 

I thought he had already fixed it. 

So can I get things straight? If I use the Bonanza turbo mod or the DA62 mod, etc. Will I need to change the flap settings or not?

Hopefully the mods already address the flap drag issue.

Just a question:

Does this affect 3rd party aircraft like the Carenados? Or only stock and unmodded aircraft?

I'm basically wondering if this is a sim side issue or aircraft side issue.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

has anybody manged to change ils frequencies on the A32O FBW yet?, mine only work in the stable version.

Evidently there is a mod at flightsim.to that addresses this problem with many stock planes. Has anyone tried it?

6 minutes ago, mikegrr said:

Evidently there is a mod at flightsim.to that addresses this problem with many stock planes. Has anyone tried it?

I installed it, but I think I installed it wrong.

I dropped the un-zipped mod folder into the Community folder and started a flight, but again I was already lifting off at 28 Kts with flaps 20 in the Caravan, when rotation speed should be in the 70 - 75 Kts range.

I haven’t looked at installing correctly since I’m flying a contract for SkyPark and don’t want to not complete it.

Will check again after I land.

Edited by Cmcollazo71