Sign in to follow this  
mattn

Asobo posts about World Update 3 flaps flight model issue

thanks for the heads up

In the meantime, a workaround is to go into the flight_model.cfg and divide the flap lift by 2x (there are several possible scalars for that purpose: lift_coef_flaps or lift_scalar).

Any idea where I find the flight model.cfg file?  I'm assuming this is a "per plane" setting...

EDIT:  nvm found it

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

1 minute ago, christb said:

Shouldn't there be an "or" in between lines 2 & 3?

That's my question too.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Fair play to them, yes it should'nt of happened. But they've realised the issue, and hopefully address it once and for all in the sim update.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

38 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

At least now we can fix it ourselves! 🙂

As always. Never fixed by the one who should fix it. Seems to be the only possible way.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

39 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

In the meantime, a workaround is to go into the flight_model.cfg and divide the flap lift by 2x (there are several possible scalars for that purpose: lift_coef_flaps or lift_scalar)

Interesting - when investigating this setting, I found some mods have the coefficient at a different setting than Asobo, with others having it identical  Which setting do I over-ride?  The mods? Asobo? Both?

Randall Rocke

The $64k question being of course, will we have to manually change the values back if/when Asobo fix the problem. So far I've only done the A320 (default) which is what I'm flying, but if we're not careful come March we could have a fleet of planes that start to hug the ground...

Ridiculous, so they changed something, forgot to test it and now they tell you, deal with it until next month. That is why I was and I will be saying, their update process has been doing harm more than good. They introduced new ridiculous bugs that is so weird that is even a simple test would see that. I think we as community, we should really demand, a change for their update process, 3 to 4 months updates that is heavily tested with beta test. These monthly updates are hectic and annoying for us and for them .

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 minutes ago, Elvensmith said:

The $64k question being of course, will we have to manually change the values back if/when Asobo fix the problem. So far I've only done the A320 (default) which is what I'm flying, but if we're not careful come March we could have a fleet of planes that start to hug the ground...

I think just as it was changed now, it will be a wholesale change then, but just in case back up the original and put it somewhere outside the folder.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

But they've realised the issue

Funny. When I first read you post I read "But they've raised the issue".  First thought was they lowered the issue....  (Their fault.  Flaps.  Ha!) Freudian read?  LOL! 

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Jeez ... I wonder where Asobo's brains are. To let the issue get past testing is one thing (forgivable) but to post such incomplete information for the "fix" is downright slovenly.

1) No information as to the location of this file (or files).

2) Whether this fix needs to be applied to *every* aircraft - or just a few.

3) No mention that add-on aircraft (eg. the FBW A320) are most likely unaffected as they have their own .cfg files.

[sigh]

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

They broke something critical and now they tell you "oops wait till next month". Oh boy their update process really needs a complete rework. With their Q&A team of course 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Applied the fix to the Icon and C172 G1000, tested both with good results. Will do until the next SIM update.

• Like 1

Ken

I'm thankful that the ASOBO team are making many things better, but I hope that they are more wary in the future to avoid breaking our sims. This time they added blue taxi lights over many airports.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.