Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Carenado Arrow goes on sale...

10 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Of course....they rushed it to beat JustFlight.  They're good at stealing business from other reputable devs.

I appreciate that some will buy these planes and give a review for the benefit of others.

Outside of that, I cannot understand how anyone would continue to buy from Carenado...they have consistently shown that they are "all beauty and no brains" across multiple sim platforms.

After 2 of their horrible planes, I won't ever purchase another product from them unless they got into building airports / scenery (like Orbx) for the "pretty" visuals.

• Like 2

Hard to understand the intense feelings.     The Carenado Mooney is generally highly reviewed and regarded and 95% of the systems work (as in all MSFS planes) and the flight model seems fine. 
‘I think one needs to take each new plane and evaluate it separately. 
‘I do like that the JF arrow has 3 different Gps’s to choose from. 

• Like 4

and the Carenado haters are out again with a force. Don't you guys ever thought that this aircraft was not meant for the people that are on AVSIM ? A huge population of MSFS are just using it for virtual tourism. The 20$ is fine for them.

• Like 8

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Hi all.  Not here to comment on the Carenado Arrow or to enter into debate about that but just wanted to drop in to tell you that in terms of the release of the JF Arrrow, it's going to be next week now.  We had hoped to release this week but we're keen to improve it further, some final FDE work is called for and there are more custom sounds to implement and test over the weekend.  Once done and tested it'll be ready to go so expect to see it released from our website early part to middle of next week.

The Dev page and the product page are both live on our site currently.

https://www.justflight.com/product/pa-28r-arrow-iii-microsoft-flight-simulator
https://www.justflight.com/in-development/pa-28r-arrow-iii-microsoft-flight-simulator

Hope that helps answer questions about the release date.  Have a good weekend all!

• Like 16
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, JustFlightScott said:

... just wanted to drop in to tell you that in terms of the release of the JF Arrrow, it's going to be next week now.  We had hoped to release this week but we're keen to improve it further, some final FDE work is called for and there are more custom sounds to implement and test over the weekend.  Once done and tested it'll be ready to go so expect to see it released from our website early part to middle of next week.

The Dev page and the product page are both live on our site currently.

https://www.justflight.com/product/pa-28r-arrow-iii-microsoft-flight-simulator
https://www.justflight.com/in-development/pa-28r-arrow-iii-microsoft-flight-simulator

Hope that helps answer questions about the release date.  Have a good weekend all!

Thanks for dropping in Scott and giving us the update.  A lot of us are excited to see what you have done with the Arrow.

As for Just Flight and Carenado, we all know the levels you pitch yourselves at, and there is room for everyone for different types of customers.  You aren't mutually exclusive.

Don't be a stranger.  Please feel free to drop by and give us any news. 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

13 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Until my Mooney, Seminole and Waco are fixed, I’m not spending another Cent with @Carenado.

What is it that is broken on yours?  (I'm not being argumentative, it's purely a legit question, as I have my own issues with Carenado...)

My emotional state about my favorite aircraft is compromised. Only JF can save me now! LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I suppose the other side of the coin to Carenado getting the first blow in by beating Just Flight to the draw in releasing, is that Just Flight get to look at what the Carenado Arrow offers, not that this will be much of a surprise, and then pile on the improvements in their offering to ensure that no such criticism can be leveled at their Arrow.

Personally, I was always going to buy both of them because it offers an interesting opportunity to comment on what MSFS offers and where it is going in terms of customer expectations from the perspective of what 'casual simmers' (TM) want and what 'serious simmers' (TM) want. 

In the interim. Here's the short (ish) version:

The Carenado Arrow is as ever with Carenado products, a super-accurate 3D model as far as polygons and dimensions are concerned. It looks pretty, but not quite as pretty as the Just Flight one appears to be in terms of the effort they've gone to with texturing and the choice to either go with worn or pristine interiors. The flight modeling of the Carenado Arrow is fairly nice, but it's more like a 'generic GA single aeroplane' than a slavishly meticulous homage to all the nuances of how the PA28 flies.

Like all the other Carenado MSFS offerings, and not dissimilar to the Just Flight Arrow's 'tablet', it has the little steering yoke pop up tablet which allows you to set up states such as cold and dark, ready for taxi etc, as well as allowing you to open the doors, add cones, remove before flight stuff, towbar etc. However, it won't let you latch the door ajar like you can on the real thing to keep the cabin cool when taxying around.

It's worth bearing in mind here that the Just Flight arrow is going to also include a bit more stuff here which people familiar with their more recent sim efforts will know, such as flight data info, simulating hydraulic locks, plug fouling and the like, although not to the obsessive extent that A2A take these things.

The avionics and switches are pretty much on par with every other Carenado GA offering, i.e. there's a basic GPS with a typical radio stack to allow you to do VFR and IFR navigation. The sounds are okay, but they're not as good as they were on the preceding Just Flight FSW, FSX and P3D PA28s and not as good as the sounds heard on the previews of their MSFS version which we've all seen and heard. Similarly, anyone who had Just Flight's FSW, P3D or FSX PA28s will be aware that initially whilst the flight model on those was good, it prompted some comments about the pitch changes when flaps were deployed and that led to some patching and tweaks to that and some other minor niggles such as some of the sounds, which eventually made it a pretty faithful . With that in mind and how they addressed it, I suspect that Just Flight's PA28s will be a more faithful representation of the actual aeroplane and how it flies.

So the upshot of all this is, if you want a nice lookalike PA28 Arrow which flies okay, but is a bit generic in the way it flies, and you have 20 quid going spare, this Carenado one fits the bill. But if you are prepared to wait a week and have around 35 quid to spare (or less if you qualify for a discount), the Just Flight one will offer you a bit more fidelity; not as much as something from A2A would, but certainly headed in that direction.

In the meantime, if you have that 20 quid burning a hole in your pocket, the Flying Iron Spitfire IX is on sale and it's very nice. 

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hey I got about 200-300 hours in real Arrows... this thing, looks fantastic and sounds "pretty good" but FS2020 doesn't have a very flexible sound system - however GA sounds better than the jets which can't do engine sounds properly at all as I see it.

but for this one it's nice, fun, flies good and allows some cool GA flying... fairly well done. Speed, acceleration, performance is close to the real thing. FPS is fantastic too.

To me, a great add-on so far.... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chock said:

I suppose the other side of the coin to Carenado getting the first blow in by beating Just Flight to the draw in releasing, is that Just Flight get to look at what the Carenado Arrow offers, not that this will be much of a surprise, and then pile on the improvements in their offering to ensure that no such criticism can be leveled at their Arrow.

Personally, I was always going to buy both of them because it offers an interesting opportunity to comment on what MSFS offers and where it is going in terms of customer expectations from the perspective of what 'casual simmers' (TM) want and what 'serious simmers' (TM) want. 

In the interim. Here's the short (ish) version:

The Carenado Arrow is as ever with Carenado products, a super-accurate 3D model as far as polygons and dimensions are concerned. It looks pretty, but not quite as pretty as the Just Flight one appears to be in terms of the effort they've gone to with texturing and the choice to either go with worn or pristine interiors. The flight modeling of the Carenado Arrow is fairly nice, but it's more like a 'generic GA single aeroplane' than a slavishly meticulous homage to all the nuances of how the PA28 flies.

Like all the other Carenado MSFS offerings, and not dissimilar to the Just Flight Arrow's 'tablet', it has the little steering yoke pop up tablet which allows you to set up states such as cold and dark, ready for taxi etc, as well as allowing you to open the doors, add cones, remove before flight stuff, towbar etc. However, it won't let you latch the door ajar like you can on the real thing to keep the cabin cool when taxying around.

It's worth bearing in mind here that the Just Flight arrow is going to also include a bit more stuff here which people familiar with their more recent sim efforts will know, such as flight data info, simulating hydraulic locks, plug fouling and the like, although not to the obsessive extent that A2A take these things.

The avionics and switches are pretty much on par with every other Carenado GA offering, i.e. there's a basic GPS with a typical radio stack to allow you to do VFR and IFR navigation. The sounds are okay, but they're not as good as they were on the preceding Just Flight FSW, FSX and P3D PA28s and not as good as the sounds heard on the previews of their MSFS version which we've all seen and heard. Similarly, anyone who had Just Flight's FSW, P3D or FSX PA28s will be aware that initially whilst the flight model on those was good, it prompted some comments about the pitch changes when flaps were deployed and that led to some patching and tweaks to that and some other minor niggles such as some of the sounds, which eventually made it a pretty faithful . With that in mind and how they addressed it, I suspect that Just Flight's PA28s will be a more faithful representation of the actual aeroplane and how it flies.

So the upshot of all this is, if you want a nice lookalike PA28 Arrow which flies okay, but is a bit generic in the way it flies, and you have 20 quid going spare, this Carenado one fits the bill. But if you are prepared to wait a week and have around 35 quid to spare (or less if you qualify for a discount), the Just Flight one will offer you a bit more fidelity; not as much as something from A2A would, but certainly headed in that direction.

In the meantime, if you have that 20 quid burning a hole in your pocket, the Flying Iron Spitfire IX is on sale and it's very nice. 

Your first paragraph, honestly we won't be doing that, 100% guaranteed.  There's aren't enough hours in the day currently for us in terms of developing our Arrow so the idea of anyone here taking a good look at another add-on with a view to then producing more code to add features, improve features is a complete no-go.  It'll be after the release of ours before anyone takes a look at another add-on, rest assured.  🙂

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just now, JustFlightScott said:

Your first paragraph, honestly we won't be doing that, 100% guaranteed.  There's aren't enough hours in the day currently for us in terms of developing our Arrow so the idea of anyone here taking a good look at another add-on with a view to then producing more code to add features, improve features is a complete no-go.  It'll be after the release of ours before anyone takes a look at another add-on, rest assured.  🙂

Yeah, that was kind of a bit tongue in cheek really. Looking forward to seeing this one though, I think it'll be maybe the seventh PA28 I've bought from Just Flight, so I suspect you've had enough practice at making them without having to refer to Carenado. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

2 hours ago, JustFlightScott said:

Hi all.  Not here to comment on the Carenado Arrow or to enter into debate about that but just wanted to drop in to tell you that in terms of the release of the JF Arrrow, it's going to be next week now

I've seen a couple of reports that it might be several weeks before it is available in the MS Marketplace. Is that correct?

3 minutes ago, j3rry said:

I've seen a couple of reports that it might be several weeks before it is available in the MS Marketplace. Is that correct?

It's going on the JF web store first, then to the MSFS market after that. So potentially, yes, it could be a week or two after it is available on the JF website that it goes to the MSFS store.

Alan Bradbury