Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

14 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

The only thing that bothers me a little is that the rudder feels strange with awkward movements, is that how it should work in reality? 

The rudder is a bug-bear of mine in this. It has been set correctly in terms of surface area, max angle of deflection, coefficients and damping levels. Yet no matter what I did it just would not feel 'normal' - adjustments to any / all of the modifiers don't seem to have an effect. It may be that I have to give it an unrealistic size or deflection angle? Probably something I will continue to look at as the Turbo versions are worked on. 

I'm only slightly consoled by the fact that I think rudder behaviour in this sim is very unrealistic in general anyway!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Outback Charters said:

So when are they adding the ablitiy to use the in game rego for the aircraft

The last livery (the one that says custom) allows you to use your own registration.

James

6 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Do we get any discount if we own the xplane version of this? 

So far, nop. Maybe @JustFlightScott can say more about it

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

10 minutes ago, Delta558 said:

The rudder is a bug-bear of mine in this. It has been set correctly in terms of surface area, max angle of deflection, coefficients and damping levels. Yet no matter what I did it just would not feel 'normal' - adjustments to any / all of the modifiers don't seem to have an effect. It may be that I have to give it an unrealistic size or deflection angle? Probably something I will continue to look at as the Turbo versions are worked on. 

I'm only slightly consoled by the fact that I think rudder behaviour in this sim is very unrealistic in general anyway!

Maybe you should copy Asobo's default rudder behavior until you figure out something better?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

My only real gripe is during taxi. This plane rolls very easy. Take off the parking brake in idle and it's off to the races. Can set full flaps and even pull the prop lever all the way back, but it takes off and continues to pick up speed. Now I have to add the cost of servicing the brakes every time I turn around to my flying expenses.🛩️

• Like 1

James

Better than being stuck like most planes in the sim.  In the musketeer I fly you only need a touch of power to get moving.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I understand that people are not crazy about Carenado aircraft, but for someone that has hundreds of hours in real aircraft, plus thousands of hours in A2A aircraft, I am really happy with the Mooney and the way it fly's.  Gauges are sharp and crisp, handling is realistic and as far as rudder realism , I can easily make crosswind landings in this aircraft. It  feels just like a Piper or Cessna in real life. I think I am going to hold off on the Arrow until some of these issues get resolved. I hate to purchase something and wind up having it sit in the hangar while am flying something else. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I understand that people are not crazy about Carenado aircraft, but for someone that has hundreds of hours in real aircraft, plus thousands of hours in A2A aircraft, I am really happy with the Mooney and the way it fly's.  Gauges are sharp and crisp, handling is realistic and as far as rudder realism , I can easily make crosswind landings in this aircraft. It  feels just like a Piper or Cessna in real life. I think I am going to hold off on the Arrow until some of these issues get resolved. I hate to purchase something and wind up having it sit in the hangar while am flying something else. 

I'm happy with Carenado Mooney as well. It was out of ordinary by expected Carenado modeling. But I can't say anything good about their Arrow 😞

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

For anyone who does not like the scratched look of the windshields.

I have a easy fix to get clear windshields while keeping the worn look of everything else.

Per the manual (page 7), there are two sets of textures. Default (very worn) and Clean.

I copied the "Arrowvc_11_albedo.png.dds" and .json from the clean folder to the ....Simobjects...Texture.vc folder (the manual has the step by step).

I just saved myself thousands of dollars in a windshield replacement......

Edited by lancealotg
  • Like 4

In the JF publicity film for their new Arrow on their website, at about 1 minute into the video, does anyone know what is the airport with the very steep approach into a short runway?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Just now, AviatorMan said:

In the JF publicity film for their new Arrow on their website, at about 1 minute into the video, does anyone know what is the airport with the very steep approach into a short runway?

Gustaf III Airport, TFFJ

Juan Ramos

So,. I bought it. Its good!

One question, anyone know how to bind the keys to honeycomb Bravo? Doesn't seem to like my current ones using vjoy. 

25 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Maybe you should copy Asobo's default rudder behavior until you figure out something better?

If only it were as simple as that! So many aspects of the aircraft affect this, including fuselage shape for side-force and weathervane effect. The shape of the aircraft appears to be the primary mover in terms of behaviours, and the shape is accurate here. Taking the figures from a default aircraft just does not work. 

Personally, I think the ridiculously over-sensitive default behaviours are far far worse. At least here you can use a bit of rudder on the runway to keep you straight, rather than some wild ride that launches you off the edge of the runway if you dare to think 'rudder' 😂  Sorry, but it was my call along with the testers and this is where it's at, with hopefully some improvement to be made as already noted.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Delta558 said:

If only it were as simple as that! So many aspects of the aircraft affect this, including fuselage shape for side-force and weathervane effect. The shape of the aircraft appears to be the primary mover in terms of behaviours, and the shape is accurate here. Taking the figures from a default aircraft just does not work. 

Personally, I think the ridiculously over-sensitive default behaviors are far far worse. At least here you can use a bit of rudder on the runway to keep you straight, rather than some wild ride that launches you off the edge of the runway if you dare to think 'rudder' 😂  Sorry, but it was my call along with the testers and this is where it's at, with hopefully some improvement to be made as already noted.

Wondering if any of these testers have any experience in a real GA aircraft as PIC? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310