Sign in to follow this  
ctdlg

Member of the Happy Few Group

5 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Many times it is the other way around. Critics are bashed too often imo. But this time, I have to admit, you are right.

Thx. I sometimes have problems, too, with accepting that not everybody shares my wise and educated point of view. 🙂

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

this new performance issue acts randomly. Could start when A320 is parked on any airport or during take off or during flight route etc. When it starts GPU process usage goes to 5% and then 70% multiple times which cause stutters.

Everything started since the UK update and get worst on latest. 

as for the high performance i have 8700k delided to 5.2ghz + 3090 Asus rog strix OC

Duplicate please delete..

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, hanhamreds said:

How?

Putting stutters, CTD and your Airbus issues to one side for a minute, how you get this kind of performance (70-100fps) is totally baffling to me, it’s like you are playing a different game.

can you expand on your settings so I can recreate this?

pls include server, on/offline, weather settings etc

Because that guy knows his way around hardware. (The CPU is de lidded) Which means the IHS (Integrated heat spreader) was removed and he was able to have better cooling (since its more direct on the actual core) and he is therefore able to ramp up the frequency of the cpu. De Lidding is not for the faint of heart btw. (Props to Seth if he did it himself). Added to the Strix 3090 (one of the best 3090's available) and probably a zero bloatware OS configured correctly he is able to extract the most from the sim.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 minutes ago, Maxis said:

word not allowed you did the Delid or someone did it for you ?

I did it. Big improvement on high-temp ( 73-75C maximum temp on stress tests vs 93-95C )

• Like 2

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Like the O.P., I too am running on a 2060 Super (MSFS was not even in the picture when I bought it). Even if I wanted to upgrade a bit (I do) there is a dearth of GPU's these days due to crypto miners, and I am unwilling to unload $3,000 for a video card. I could build a great new rig for that amount!  I have never had the problems others mention. Any "issues" I have usually are due to trying to run at settings my rig can't handle, or flying into insanely-populated areas and expecting perfection and high frame rates.. Whats new? I've had that experience since the days of the Commodore 64. Look at my modest specs. I can testify that you CAN run MSFS with modest gear. You just have to be realistic in your expectations. Nothing I can do will change the sad fact of my 24 mbs bandwidth anyway. It's always something.

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

I've been one with virtually no problems ever since day 1.  I've seen a very rare short-lived stumble since release, when there is ample CPU/GPU headroom, where frame rate will become sporadic and sub-30 (vsync to 30Hz).  I assume they had to do w/ their servers or temporary disruption of my cable internet service.  So the recent MSFS update brought in these severe and persistent frame rate drops for me too.  

My first flight post-update was KMSO>KRNO in the TBM.   I aborted it after several  minutes at altitude when frame rate dropped very low as has been reported by many, and persisted off and on.  I gave it a rest then yesterday did the same flight (albeit not a restored saved flight, but KMSO>KRNO w/ live weather as w/ the former).  I was excited to see no problems whatsoever all the way up to 17K feet!  At least until I opened up the MFD and input a Direct To KRNO under Waypoint Info.  I had been in an IFR by instrument plan which had correctly displayed in the flight plan in the MFD.  Immediately after inputting the Direct To the frame rate issue ensued and persisted, so I shut it down again.   Haven't tried today.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

What a pointless gloat thread that serves no purpose other than to provoke those of us facing hardship in the sim.

Shame on you OP

Meh. Human nature. Just ignore the "gloat part" and see if theres anything positive you can take from it or add to it

I haven't even bothered to address the "alleged fact" that the OP has no issues because in this very thread people who have claimed to have no issues have realized that there are issues after serious inspection so the whole point of thread (weather it was to gloat or not) is moot at this point..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

What a pointless gloat thread that serves no purpose other than to provoke those of us facing hardship in the sim.

Shame on you OP

Just do what OP does and run MSFS on Windows 10, and you'll be a member of the Happy Few Group too.  /S

Edited by NightOfDreams

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

You can't convince these fan boys, they probably look at a pile of word not allowed, and see a hot fudge Sunday. 

Oh we are convinced some people are having problems, it's a pity you have to be so rude about people who are not affected

by these and just enjoying the sim.

• Like 2

I’m surprised this thread isn’t locked yet. Handbags at ten paces 🙂 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Shame on you OP

I for one like positive comments as well as problem posts.

I try to help if I can. See my post above.

The problem is this is a very complex piece of SW that runs on so many different configurations. This makes it very hard to have it work perfectly for everyone.

My setup works well I think because I keep the system really simple. With tried and true HW, no overclocking or tweaks. I think NVIDIA cards are more trouble free as well.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

14 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Shame on you OP

It's not pointless just like the threads of people posting they are having issue's. And people usually offer assistance to them, or try too. Why can't the people that enjoy it post as well as the people that are having issues. Almost every single sim forum on Avsim has happy people and also people with issue's. There is nothing wrong with being happy with the sim. I will say, myself included, that some of us are aware of some issues, ( Not CTD, or can't even install. I'm NOT happy anyone has those  issues ), but some us, me for sure, aren't bother by other issues that we expect, or hope will be fixed in the future. NO matter how may years go by, some people will never be HAPPY, and that's just life.

I am also in the Happy Membership 🙂 Now watch something bad happen to my MSFS. If it does serves me right for posting I am Happy!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

The bug appears to be location specific. Just did a number of flights in my normal locations with no issues. However trying a flight with any aircraft out of 76T (as someone had suggested) recreates the CPU/GPU scenario.

If others who aren't having the issue could confirm this, might be handy to pass back.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Wise words. Now, some of the loudest of the complainers are those who until two weeks ago were busy praising MFS over the top and piling up on anybody saying otherwise. Yesterday it was "Fly and don't complain, you whiner", today it is "Are you blind or what ?" or   " Hold me or I break everything" 😂 !  

No special worsening for me with SU3 so far 🤞. MFS numerous irritating bugs and deficiencies are still here and SU3 didn't bring much if anything at all to me. Good or bad.  A blank shot.    

Earlier this week I did a flight in the island of Socotra in the Gulf of Aden and another one in West Scotland, yesterday in British Columbia from Campbell River to Scar Creek with a stopover at Stuart Island (an interesting landing but this is another story). I've just finished a flight from the Faro area in Portugal to Sevilla Spain.  All good.

My old jalopy runs the sim just  as before. Very few stutters here and there,  but my rig is old. They may come from the SU or not. Hard to say as I don't have benchmark flights.  Not as much as to spoil the fun anyway. No CTD.  No reduction in FPS. No reduction in the LOD. No freeze. So far. 

It does not mean that some fellow simmers don't have problems of course.  Too many credible reports. 76T near Dallas freezes on me at  sim entry for instance. But is it SU3 ? Not sure.

What is sure is that MFS has a huge quality problem and that they do not care a bit. As for what Neuman says, I take it with a very large pinch of salt. The ship is driven by one thing and one thing only and this is certainly not their ludicrous voting system. The goal is to deliver the console version in August to trigger another huge wave of sales (or else the big Phil will be very miffed and off goes Neuman's bonus). Anything else is secondary. An opinion ? Nope a fact, look at the release notes : a dollop of cream and a huge lot of air. A chantilly of an update.

Our dissatisfaction is at the same level as our satisfaction. In my case I am "mi figue mi raisin" .  

You should still fly a lot more with a more focused look on what is happening around you.You have the same symptoms that a consol player.

I'm passionate.I fly MSFS with a teaspoon, I spot after each update the differences ( Good /Bad) in 30 seconds and I send my feelings directly to Sebastian .I don't feel either overwhelmed by feminine shyness.No "Blabla"

(" The ship is driven by one thing and one thing only and this is certainly not their ludicrous voting system. The goal is to deliver the console version in August to trigger another huge wave of sales (or else the big Phil will be very miffed and off goes Neuman's bonus). Anything else is secondary". )

My god! You served us this "Retirement home" soup again.It's French jealousy or You try to teach us a business lesson?

This is the scoop of tonight? 

Thanks to you we now know that MSFS wants to earn money.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.