Sign in to follow this  
ctdlg

Member of the Happy Few Group

3 minutes ago, crimplene said:

As I thought. You love to be toxic and can't stand other people being happy.

I especially can't stand being much less happy than before the update.For the rest I don't care.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

Someone of the happy ones please make a short flight from KFHR to KTIW.

you can load this flightplan if you want.

I did your flight : you are right, I got 7 to 10 times some stutters.

I recorded my flight at my screen resolution : 5120x1440.

I did not preload the flight to replay it : it was the 1st time I flew there !
Otherwise, I would have done another takeoff, I was thinking to stutters, not to fly !

Sorry, I do not use Youtube anymore, but
here is the video
I did not remove anything : just added my logo automatically, a fade in and a fade out.

Because original file size is +-10 gb,
- I converted it and cropped it to 1920x1080
- I played it at 4 x real speed.

You will  also see cliffs lod problems from time to time.

Edited by ctdlg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wlix261 said:

Of course, there a few loud complainers. Buts thats OK - Most don't take things personal and the forum is well moderated.

Of course we're going to complain when the sim was working fine since release day on August 18 until last Tuesday due to 1.14.5.0 and now it's an unplayable slideshow.  If we don't complain it'll never get fixed. I wasn't complaining when the sim was working fine, but they obviously broke something with the last update. It doesn't effect every system equally, some have no performance issues and others do and there's nothing we can do about it except maybe go buy the same exact system with the same exact set up and cross our fingers we get lucky too. But no, I'm not doing that after investing over a thousand dollars in a system that ran the game just fine for 7 months.

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

So what you're saying is to stay away from updated areas. ie: Japan, USA and UK? Seems reasonable as Asobo hasn't had the chance to ruin Australia, Africa or South America.

Alas, family day today so I won't be able to try this out for a bit. Maybe someone will beat me to it.

Don't you worry .. Africa was "ruined" too. No big deal, confident that MS/Asobo will come along with a fix this coming week. Keep the faith.

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

2 hours ago, Seth2021 said:

I could also add some "happy" screenshots during a round trip in Athens ( almost 1 hour ) with out any fps drop, stutter etc. Ultra smooth with average 70-100 fps ( ultra settings)

But this is not the case! When i fly a route with A32nx fbw i am having serious fps drops/stutters during the flight which act randomly. 

qNJXkBE.jpg

HsXQVQT.jpg

How?

Putting stutters, CTD and your Airbus issues to one side for a minute, how you get this kind of performance (70-100fps) is totally baffling to me, it’s like you are playing a different game.

can you expand on your settings so I can recreate this?

pls include server, on/offline, weather settings etc

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

5 hours ago, ctdlg said:

Hello,

I am using FS 2020 1.14.5.0.
My video card is an rtx 2060 super.

I fly without Ctd, without stutters
I do not get very low fps.
Below is got while flying

FpsFs2020-1.14.5.0.jpg

Really strange so many users having so many issues.

But for me, 1.14.5.0 is THE BEST fs 2020 ever released.

What I do is simple : I only use WIndows 10 for Flight Simulator.
Otherwise (webbrowser, mail, video editing, and much more,) I use  Linux.

When I launch Windows, I first check for any windows 10 update, and reboot if requested.
Then only I launch FS 2020.

GPU discussion is somewhat irrelevant with the associated CPU statement.  What CPU do you have? RAM?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

There seems to be a big aircraft dependence in the performance now, more then in the past, even among GA aircraft.

I'm not getting the '5 fps' thing some people are seeing.  But the DR400 gets me 50fps loading into KFMN with live weather, very smooth FPS graphs, while the DA62 is more like 30-35 with some swings.  Something is not right when just having the GA glass cockpit stuff loaded is a 15-20fps hit.

Maybe they borked something in the CoherantGT setup....

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

7 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

There seems to be a big aircraft dependence in the performance now, more then in the past, even among GA aircraft.

I'm not getting the '5 fps' thing some people are seeing.  But the DR400 gets me 50fps loading into KFMN with live weather, very smooth FPS graphs, while the DA62 is more like 30-35 with some swings.  Something is not right when just having the GA glass cockpit stuff loaded is a 15-20fps hit.

Maybe they borked something in the CoherantGT setup....

You probably have a bad GPU  😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

17 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

How?

Putting stutters, CTD and your Airbus issues to one side for a minute, how you get this kind of performance (70-100fps) is totally baffling to me, it’s like you are playing a different game.

can you expand on your settings so I can recreate this?

pls include server, on/offline, weather settings etc

this new performance issue acts randomly. Could start when A320 is parked on any airport or during take off or during flight route etc. When it starts GPU process usage goes to 5% and then 70% multiple times which cause stutters.

Everything started since the UK update and get worst on latest. 

as for the high performance i have 8700k delided to 5.2ghz + 3090 Asus rog strix OC

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

The biggest issue I have with that is the fact that Asobo does not like hotfixes, so we will probably have to wait quite some time until it's working well again.

On the latest Q&A, what word not allowed me off was, when they said that some improvements were ready and will be in the next sim update, well that's in 3 months... 

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You can't convince these fan boys, they probably look at a pile of word not allowed, and see a hot fudge Sunday. 

I don't know why you would put an answer like that Bob...there are some that don't have issues and some that do have those issues. So if you see those having no issues as "fan boys", what are those that have the issues? You see, it's easy to put a label on someone.

Now most of the users do come to forums if they have issues in order to find answers, so you will find plenty if topics covering issues. I do salute those who take theyre time to also write something positive if they feel like.

Back to the topic: With the actual available HW (I mean PC) you can always bring your sim to it's knees. Just take your best CPU and the best graphic card then push all settings to ultra and span your display over 2 or 3 4K displays and you will have your slideshow. Add to this some "Content" stuff that is not mature enough (cause incomplete SDK), or an driver issue, or some sort of "tweak" and you will hate the guts out of the sim. It's as simple as that. 

I have a decent setup but only a 2K display. My settings are at "high-end" plus some settings at ultra. With this configuration I can achieve pretty decent performance, performance I don't achieve with in e.g. P3D v4 nor v5.

And Yes! I absolutely agree that the sim is still in development and as SW is, you can improove a part and unwillingly damage another...it's not that ASOBO does it on porpouse.

Why do I like these ASOBO guys? They have an open roadmap, they update the sim frequently, they look at issues based on user votes, they do live Q and A, they..... and this is what the simming community has asked for a looong loong time. So yeah...if I'm happy with the performance yes I will write it.

Edited by GEKtheReaper
  • Like 4

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

12 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

I don't know why you would put an answer like that Bob...there are some that don't have issues and some that do have those issues. So if you see those having no issues as "fan boys", what are those that have the issues? You see, it's easy to put a label on someone.

Now most of the users do come to forums if they have issues in order to find answers, so you will find plenty if topics covering issues. I do salute those who take theyre time to also write something positive if they feel like.

Back to the topic: With the actual available HW (I mean PC) you can always bring your sim to it's knees. Just take your best CPU and the best graphic card then push all settings to ultra and span your display over 2 or 3 4K displays and you will have your slideshow. Add to this some "Content" stuff that is not mature enough (cause incomplete SDK), or an driver issue, or some sort of "tweak" and you will hate the guts out of the sim. It's as simple as that. 

I have a decent setup but only a 2K display. My settings are at "high-end" plus some settings at ultra. With this configuration I can acieve pretty decent performance, performance I don't achieve with in e.g. P3D v4 nor v5.

And Yes! I absolutely agree that the sim is still in development and as SW is, you can improove a part and unwillingly damage another...it's not that ASOBO does it on porpouse.

Why do I like these ASOBO guys? They have an open roadmap, they update the sim frequently, they look at issues based on user votes, they do live Q and A, they..... and this is what the simming community has asked for a looong loong time. So yeah...if I'm happy with the performance yes I will write it.

I am also  "word not allowed" user but its a fact that after  the last 2 updates i am having also this weird performance issues. Which means its not a fault from our side ( software, hardware or windows 10). 

What i want to say is that even with those temporarily issues i am still ( and will be) blown away from MSFS

At the end i trust 100% Asobos, i am sure they will fix it asap. 

Edited by Seth2021
  • Like 1

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

3 hours ago, Tom_L said:

This whole concept of "happy simmers" vs. "complainers" is nonsense. 

the truth always lies somewhere in the middle anyway.

Wise words. Now, some of the loudest of the complainers are those who until two weeks ago were busy praising MFS over the top and piling up on anybody saying otherwise. Yesterday it was "Fly and don't complain, you whiner", today it is "Are you blind or what ?" or   " Hold me or I break everything" 😂 !  

No special worsening for me with SU3 so far 🤞. MFS numerous irritating bugs and deficiencies are still here and SU3 didn't bring much if anything at all to me. Good or bad.  A blank shot.    

Earlier this week I did a flight in the island of Socotra in the Gulf of Aden and another one in West Scotland, yesterday in British Columbia from Campbell River to Scar Creek with a stopover at Stuart Island (an interesting landing but this is another story). I've just finished a flight from the Faro area in Portugal to Sevilla Spain.  All good.

My old jalopy runs the sim just  as before. Very few stutters here and there,  but my rig is old. They may come from the SU or not. Hard to say as I don't have benchmark flights.  Not as much as to spoil the fun anyway. No CTD.  No reduction in FPS. No reduction in the LOD. No freeze. So far. 

It does not mean that some fellow simmers don't have problems of course.  Too many credible reports. 76T near Dallas freezes on me at  sim entry for instance. But is it SU3 ? Not sure.

What is sure is that MFS has a huge quality problem and that they do not care a bit. As for what Neuman says, I take it with a very large pinch of salt. The ship is driven by one thing and one thing only and this is certainly not their ludicrous voting system. The goal is to deliver the console version in August to trigger another huge wave of sales (or else the big Phil will be very miffed and off goes Neuman's bonus). Anything else is secondary. An opinion ? Nope a fact, look at the release notes : a dollop of cream and a huge lot of air. A chantilly of an update.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, crimplene said:

No. Some have problems, many don't. Some of those who have, love to accuse those who haven't as "word not allowed" or somehow deranged because they don't share their opinion. Nobody, not a single person in this thread denied the existence of the fps drop bug. But you and a few other guys just can't stand that there are people who don't have this problem. So, people who don't experience this bug are not denying it, they just state that they don't experience it. But this seems to trigger abuse.

Many times it is the other way around. Critics are bashed too often imo. But this time, I have to admit, you are right.

• Like 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).