Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Strong sales of CRJ may lead holdout devs to prioritize MSFS

3 minutes ago, Mace said:

No, it's this subforum.

Agree to disagree....this behavior has been around long before this sub forum ever existed imo

• Upvote 4

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

5 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

There is millions of new comer to flight sim in MSFS and they are begging for new aircraft. This is the best thing that could ever happen to the flight sim community. Something that XP11 and P3D has never been able to achieved. Embrace the change.  Hail to the king !

And the market for MSFS will grow even more when it's released on the X-Box.  Granted, I don't think many X-Box players will pay $140 USD for a PDMG airliner.  But for the other lower priced products, that's just icing on the cake if X-Box players buy up stuff from the MSFS marketplace (ie. I think the CRJ will get some sales on X-Box because the price is more reasonable for X-Box players compared to the $140 price tag for a PDMG aircraft).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

And the market for MSFS will grow even more when it's released on the X-Box.  Granted, I don't think many X-Box players will pay $140 USD for a PDMG airliner.  But for the other lower priced products, that's just icing on the cake if X-Box players buy up stuff from the MSFS marketplace (ie. I think the CRJ will get some sales on X-Box because the price is more reasonable for X-Box players).

Do you foresee hardware devs ever making XBOX compatible yokes/sticks/rudders/throttle quadrants?

What do XBOX console users have so far?

A gamepad and keyboard?

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

The question is whether the sim can support higher price points.....

At any rate, I suspect it's soon curtains for other sims. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, blueshark747 said:

Do you foresee hardware devs ever making XBOX compatible yokes/sticks/rudders/throttle quadrants?

What do XBOX console users have so far?

A gamepad and keyboard?

I guess it will depend on the sales of MSFS on X-Box, and how easy it is to convert the existing hardware for X-Box.  For example, if the sales of MSFS is strong for X-Box, and if some of the cheaper Thrustmaster joysticks can be altered easily to work for X-Box, I can see Thrusmaster making a Thrustmaster t16000m like joystick for X-Box.

I doubt expensive flighsim hardware will be released for X-Box though.  X-Box players are way more casual and I don't think they would spend hundreds of dollars for flightsim hardware (if they were that into flightsim and are able to spend that amount of money, they would have gotten a PC for MSFS in the first place).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The question is whether the sim can support higher price points.....

At any rate, I suspect it's soon curtains for other sims. 

Well, people are spending thousands of dollars on a PC and hardware for MSFS anyways.  People will pay $140 USD for a PDMG airliner if they really want a study level Boeing for MSFS.

But yeah, I doubt that X-Box players would spend that type of money on MSFS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

Yea aparently the SDK has magically improved overnight 😄

Yup, someone sprinkled fairie dust on the SDK, and - poof - just like that it's now ready for prime time.😏

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, flyforever said:

I understand that FlybyWire mod reached 1,000,000 downloads.

I think these are not unique downloads, isn't?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I’d much rather prefer these developments to catch the attention of qualified third party developers and give them the motivation they need to enter the flight sim space. 

We can really do with some competition in this market as it’s mostly just one prominent developer for certain classes of high fidelity aircraft. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

And the market for MSFS will grow even more when it's released on the X-Box.  

To be honest, I don't see myself playing MSFS 2020 on an XBox. Besides flight simming, I mainly play first person shooters. Bought an XBox when the first Gears of War was released, because it was platform exclusive. Loved the game, hated the controls. For an older generation that grew up with playing games on PC it's hard getting used to the floaty feel of controllers. I'm sure there are folks playing Sniper Elite or Crysis on consoles, but it's not for me. Might work for hybrid shooters or rpgs. On the other hand, there are of course games that work better on consoles.

For me, the next step is VR, which I'll invest in just to be able to play Half Life: Alyx.

Edited by Ricardo41

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Why does every thread in the MSFS forum have to be like this?

Don't worry, it's all coming.

1 hour ago, blueshark747 said:

It's AVSIM...

1 hour ago, Mace said:

No, it's this subforum.

It's the interweb.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

but guys. when XP12 comes out...MSFS will be in trouble....remember

I really hope so, because MSFS is strong where X-Plane is lacking. A new version of X-Plane so good would be the greatest sim of al time. We should be happy.

That doesn't go for word not allowed of course: they just hope that all other sims will never get close to their beloved MSFS. Which is, as everybody knows, the only sim - correction - the only piece of software, with no glitch or bug whatsoever.

Andrea

1 hour ago, kaosfere said:

I've been saying for ages that folks who were willing to actually embrace the new platform and invest in figuring out how to build something in a way that's supported now rather than holding out with an "incomplete SDK" as an excuse would get a huge first mover advantage in the market.

Judging by what I've read on these forums it seems like Aerosoft have indeed benefited from that.   And PMDG have finally cottoned on.  😄

I don't think there is a great competitive advantage in this market. If it takes you 3 years to produce something never seen before, you will sell it. No doubt about that.

Andrea

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

What’s interesting is that PDMG is now prioritizing the development of an airliner for MSFS again, after shifting their priorities away from MSFS to P3D back in the fall of last year.  I’m sure that PDMG overcoming some of the obstacles they claimed they faced with the MSFS SDK is one reason they are prioritizing MSFS again.  But somehow, in the back of my mind, I am speculating that PDMG also knows about the strong sales of the CRJ for Aerosoft (especially since PDMG has a good relationship with Aerosoft) and this helped convince PDMG to prioritize getting an airliner out for MSFS.  Remember that Aerosoft said their P3D sales were poor last year so that's why Aerosoft is prioritizing their products for MSFS and X-Plane now.  One wonders if PDMG is finally seeing poor sales of their P3D products too.

*sigh*

Why do people always have to assume an ulterior motive? What is the point of this speculation.

Can't you just take what PMDG said about the matter at face value?

"Noooo, they must have made a bad decision and now they are backpedaling. I tell ya!"

Why do people have so little trust in what a company says? What you think happened doesn't change what is going to happen anyway.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2