Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Strong sales of CRJ may lead holdout devs to prioritize MSFS

So Aerosoft was asked how have the CRJ sales have been since the release of it in MSFS and Mathjis Kok of Aerosoft said:

From the publishers point of view...  sales are very very strong. I can tell you some glasses were raised.

Not long after the CRJ was released, PDMG then said there are no major limitations in the MSFS SDK that is preventing them from bringing their high fidelity aircraft to MSFS, and that they have received help from Asobo and Aerosoft.  The release of the CRJ by Aerosoft showed that high fidelity airliners are possible in MSFS.  Also, I assume Aerosoft has also helped PDMG to understand the MSFS SDK and capabilities of MSFS better when PDMG said they received help from Aerosoft.

What’s interesting is that PDMG is now prioritizing the development of an airliner for MSFS again, after shifting their priorities away from MSFS to P3D back in the fall of last year.  I’m sure that PDMG overcoming some of the obstacles they claimed they faced with the MSFS SDK is one reason they are prioritizing MSFS again.  But somehow, in the back of my mind, I am speculating that PDMG also knows about the strong sales of the CRJ for Aerosoft (especially since PDMG has a good relationship with Aerosoft) and this helped convince PDMG to prioritize getting an airliner out for MSFS.  Remember that Aerosoft said their P3D sales were poor last year so that's why Aerosoft is prioritizing their products for MSFS and X-Plane now.  One wonders if PDMG is finally seeing poor sales of their P3D products too.

As you may know, many other reputable 3rd party aircraft developers who make study level airliners have not fully prioritized MSFS yet.  PDMG was one of them when they decided to de-prioritize MSFS in fall of last year.  With the good CRJ sales for Aerosoft, I suspect more and more 3rd party aircraft developers will  start to prioritize making aircraft for MSFS, over the other flight simulator platforms.  At the end of the day, $$$ talks.  And if MSFS generated good $$$, the other companies will follow the money.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Pure speculation, but perhaps the CRJ sales were so unexpectedly good that the business case suddenly became much stronger for PMDG to expedite MSFS development, even if the current state of the SDK/MSFS coding would require them to invest more resources than they had hoped into early MSFS aircraft.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I imagine that the JF Arrow sales are pretty good too. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

To me PMDG already knows very well, and better than any other out there, that sales for complex aircraft PMDG-style for MSFS will be very very good. Hopefully they'll come soon with the first one.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 4

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I understand that FlybyWire mod reached 1,000,000 downloads. For any developer, free or not free, these numbers are historic for such a short time.  We had forgotten how powerful the MS flight sim brand was and still among consumers. The race has begun......

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I imagine that the JF Arrow sales are pretty good too. 

I think so as well. It's certainly up there as the top GA payware for this sim. I love it and appreciate the update. Might try the CRJ....

• Like 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

but guys. when XP12 comes out...MSFS will be in trouble....remember

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

but guys. when XP12 comes out...MSFS will be in trouble....remember

That's the funniest thing I have read today. 😅

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Why does every thread in the MSFS forum have to be like this?

Don't worry, it's all coming.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Think this is great news for the hobby.  Seeing lots of newcomers that want to learn more in the streams, and other social media outlets.  However, there really isnt any competition right now, so I fully expected there to be good sales numbers when there isnt much choice out there to fly in MSFS as far as airliners go.  What would the sales be like if there were other major player aircrafts?   Still its definitley trending in the right direction. Optimistic for the months ahead sprinkled with cautious sentiment. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I've been saying for ages that folks who were willing to actually embrace the new platform and invest in figuring out how to build something in a way that's supported now rather than holding out with an "incomplete SDK" as an excuse would get a huge first mover advantage in the market.

Judging by what I've read on these forums it seems like Aerosoft have indeed benefited from that.   And PMDG have finally cottoned on.  😄

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mace said:

Why does every thread in the MSFS forum have to be like this?

Don't worry, it's all coming.

It's AVSIM...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 minute ago, blueshark747 said:

It's AVSIM...

No, it's this subforum.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

There is millions of new comer to flight sim in MSFS and they are begging for new aircraft. This is the best thing that could ever happen to the flight sim community. Something that XP11 and P3D has never been able to achieved. Embrace the change.  Hail to the king !

• Like 11

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.