Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

IFly 737 or PMDG 737 for FSX

I use FSX Steam but I want a study level 737. However, I may want to go to Prepar3d soon.

iFly is dual platform, PMDG is not.

Which version is more authentic?

There's not much in it to be honest, both have their merits, but personally I'd say the iFly is the better choice because it's more bang for your bucks. And where FSX is concerned, the iFly uses a bit less resources, which is a bonus on a platform that is VAS limited if you are using fancy add-on airports and scenery.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

iFly + 1, enough in depth systems, plenty of free liveries, frame friendly and good support, also recommend the iFly 747, which also comes with freighter variant for free.

• Like 1

steve southey

Gary 1124,

You can't go wrong with either, but I would personally opt for the iFly .

1. it is cheaper as far as I know.

2. Very similar levels of complexity,

3. Easier on Frame rates,

4. You get more aircraft including 3 x BBJs and,

5. I am biased because that is the one I bought (started with FS2004 version and upgraded to FSX then P3dv3 and v4.)

Lastly, treat yourself to their version of the 747 as well. Both great aircraft, as is, I must admit, the PMDG version.

\Regards

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Another vote for iFly here for all the reasons given above. In addition, as you say you are planning a future move to P3D, iFly offers a generous 50% off the purchase price for previous FSX customers. PMDG however do not offer any discount to previous FSX customers.

Bill

I won't cast a vote ...... but if you want to use "cockpit hardware" other than a mouse, the PMDG's SDK is superior to all for that.

It changes the "immersion" by many levels.

for now, cheers

john martin

I was using iFly all the time for fSX.

Now I'm on P3Dv4.5, and got the iFly for a 50% discount.

And, if you have a problem, they have a superior support forum.

Peter

• Upvote 2

If you want dual FSX and P3D 64-bit, you'll have to buy the PMDG 737 twice at full price.

I had the iFly in FSX, but I moved to the PMDG when it released, as I do really prefer the common user interface they use in the FMS for the 737/747/777.  The newer NGXu for 64-bit P3D has some nice improvements like an EFB with takeoff/landing performance calculations and Navigraph chart access, PBR reflective textures, and performance improvements, but since development stopped for FSX and 32-bit P3D several years ago none of that is available in the old FSX version of the PMDG NGX. 

But all that said, the iFly was/is a better-than-average add-on that would likely have had much wider acclaim had it not been in the shadow of an established favorite.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi Bob,

FYI: iFly give you a 50 % discount if you own the FSX version

50% Off for Previous FSX Version Customers

This upgrade allows you to purchase the Prepar3D v4 version at 50% off. If you have the download version, please select the Coupon/Voucher button, and use the Auto Coupon option. If you have the DVD version or purchased from a 3rd party and would like the upgrade discount, please submit a ticket via the Flight1.com website (include the serial number with your ticket) and they should be able to assist you in getting the discount.

Peter

One more for iFly........

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

One more for iFly... for the reasons already provided by others. I have both PMDG and iFLY. The other thing I wanted to point out is I also use Pro-ATC X; and their Co-Pilot features interface nicely with the iFly product like automatically setting things like Altitude, headings flaps up, Auto Pilot etc. etc which is a nice touch. It doesn't do that with the PMDG product.

Regards.

Forshaw.