Sign in to follow this  
Beagle12

Carenado C182T

Recently purchased the Carenado C182T to be based in my home town of NZAA.

Is there any documentation with that aircraft, and if so, where do I find it ?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

Recently purchased the Carenado C182T to be based in my home town of NZAA.

Is there any documentation with that aircraft, and if so, where do I find it ?

Thanks

In MSFS in the Official  / One store / Carenado-aircraft-ct182t-skyline-g1000 / simobjects / airplanes / Carenado_CT182T_Skyline_G100 / Documentation folder 🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

I quite often look at the aircraft as something to purchase. How are you (or anyone who has purchased it) finding it?

Worth the money?

2 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

I quite often look at the aircraft as something to purchase. How are you (or anyone who has purchased it) finding it?

Worth the money?

I flew it a few times after buying, and haven't touched it since. The Mooney and the JF Arrow are much more realistic. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

33 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Mooney and the JF Arrow are much more realistic

Not wanting to walk away with the thread, but since it was mentioned (the Mooney)... how well does it allow one to perform cross controlled cross-wind approaches?

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I flew it a few times after buying, and haven't touched it since. The Mooney and the JF Arrow are much more realistic. 

I'm assuming this is about the flight model.  However, can you be more specific? 

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW

I bought it on sale and enjoy flying it when I’m in the mood for something different, but most of my GA time goes to the Just Flight Arrow and Carenado Mooney and Seminole.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have it and it is now my standard plane for most flights. I load it with real weights for my wife and I and touring luggage and explore some of my favorite places where we have travelled. In NZ  the last two weeks. I have only flown the 172 in real life so I can't assess the flight dynamics against the real thing (I am not a PP holder) but I enjoy it a lot. I purchased it as the first 3rd party AC and am quite happy with it while I wait for Milviz and A2A offerings.

Rick

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, paddler said:

I load it with real weights for my wife

Is she aware of that?  LOL!  
I dare not ask my wife or any of my three daughters for their weights.  I just "approximate"! So far I have lived to be 72! 😁

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

52 minutes ago, Sabre57 said:

I'm assuming this is about the flight model.  However, can you be more specific? 

To be honest, I can't remember anymore, since it was a long time ago since I flew it. I know right off the bat, I had an A2A 182 in P3D, which was pretty realistic. The Carenado flew nothing like the A2A aircraft, I hated the engine sound, and I didn't like the flight model. I was very surprised when I got the Mooney, how much better it was by the same people that made the 182. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, hangar said:

Not wanting to walk away with the thread, but since it was mentioned (the Mooney)... how well does it allow one to perform cross controlled cross-wind approaches?

I could do somewhat of a Slip with the JF Arrow but I never tried the Mooney.  I've never flown an Arrow so I don't know how far you can push the Slip but it was nothing like a slip in a C-172.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

25 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

To be honest, I can't remember anymore, since it was a long time ago since I flew it. I know right off the bat, I had an A2A 182 in P3D, which was pretty realistic. The Carenado flew nothing like the A2A aircraft, I hated the engine sound, and I didn't like the flight model. I was very surprised when I got the Mooney, how much better it was by the same people that made the 182. 

How did it compare to the default 172s?

13 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

How did it compare to the default 172s?

The default 172 in MSFS is pretty good for a default aircraft. I wanted something with a constant speed prop and retractable gear so I went for the Mooney and then the JF Arrow, which is now the only thing I fly in MSFS. The Mooney is faster than the Arrow, which is a plus for some people. 

22 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

I could do somewhat of a Slip with the JF Arrow but I never tried the Mooney.  I've never flown an Arrow so I don't know how far you can push the Slip but it was nothing like a slip in a C-172.

Bill

Hi Bill - yea, I asked because I know from experience that this characteristic is too often over looked by airplane makers and arm chair pilots alike. Either their planes behave in a funky way if you try to slip or they'll slip to a point but never enough or as easily as they would IRL(they run out of rudder authority typically). If it can't easily slip in a 15kt direct crosswind then I have zero interest in buying a product.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1