Sign in to follow this  
FakeWayne

Recommendations for fun short flights

VNKT->VNLK

then 30 degrees and 21 nm to MT Everest

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Several more...

KJAC-KWYS (go to flightsim.to and download the new KWYS)

KWYS-KCOD

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

TLPC-TDPD. Both airports have amazing approaches, with tlpc being the prettiest and tdpd being scenic but more challenging.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

KLAX ->KLAS

KMIA -> KEYW

LFMN -> LIPZ

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Download the pretty good FASZ Skukuza, Kruger National Park from flightsim.to. Hop into a GA from either FAOR (Asobo default Johannesburg which is not good) or even better, the payware FALA Lanseria which is good. Hour flight. Flown many times in real life, scenery along the route is great and true to life.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Try the shortest commercial segment in the world: Kagi - Efogi, in Papua New Guinea.  Flown in reality in Twotters, Caravans, Porters etc.  Takes about 90 seconds.  😉

Seriously, PNG flying is insanely good in this sim.  If you like bush flying it's Mecca.  Zoom in to the interior in Little Navmap, and you'll see hundreds of bush strips: short, sloping one-way mountainside strips with no go-around option carved into the jungle; strips that follow the spine of a ridge, just floating in space with thousand foot drops on all sides; coastal and island tropical paradises.  I've currently got a little Neofly operation going there, so I'm served up random strips to try, and it's great.  Flightsim.to has some really nice freeware scenery in the area too, that adds a little life and proper buildings to some of these places... most of the strips themselves are in the native sim though. 

Goroka - Nankina (might require the freeware scenery) is another great hop, if you prefer something a bit longer.  😉

Andrew Crowley

Papua NG is great fun. Some great scenery and sloping, dirt runways.

The only down side is the number of strips with tall trees on the runway thresholds. A right pain. Makes many of the strips unusable.

If you have limited time and want a whole, short, challenging flight there's nowhere better IMO.

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

1 hour ago, Stearmandriver said:

Try the shortest commercial segment in the world: Kagi - Efogi, in Papua New Guinea.

Na, that honour goes to the Scots: 😉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westray_to_Papa_Westray_flight

Edited by teletom

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

1 hour ago, GaryK said:

The only down side is the number of strips with tall trees on the runway thresholds. A right pain. Makes many of the strips unusable.

This helps, if you're interested: 

https://flightsim.to/file/21905/papua-new-guinea-airstrip-maintenance

I have seen that Bijan's seasons/trees mod does add some vegetation back in to areas that are cleared by the above mod, but it's often shorter than the surrounding veg, so maybe it understands where the runways are.  The Bijan tropical trees/veg look so much better than the default trees in PNG, it's worth it.  Kind of depends what you're flying too... I haven't seen anything I yet I couldn't get a light Kodiak in and out of.  If you're flying a Porter, you're probably golden even with default trees and no mod to trim them.  😉

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

While in Scotland, I like to fly Inverness to Dundee for a short hop. Flying over the highlands and coming in to land parallel to the River Tay.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

LatinVFR TJSJ to freeware TJCP.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Two very short flights:

CYPK (Pitt Meadows, freeware) - CYCD (Nanaimo, freeware). You have all, rural area, big city Vancouver (Photogrammetry), mountains  and sea.

YSHL (Wollongong, MSFS handcrafted) - YSBK (Bankstown, ORBX)

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).