Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Just Flight Arrow III update 0.5.0 incoming

Just saw this on their official forum change log.

It's not yet available to download from their servers though (at the time of posting this). I'm still getting sent 0.4.0a

v0.5.0 (05/05/21)

• Numerous flight dynamics fixes and improvements
  • PMS50 GTN 750 will now be correctly restored on aircraft load, long press for HOME button now supported, GNS 430/530 now disabled when GTN 750 is selected to reduce chances of CTDs, other minor fixes
  • Door decal not attached to door - fixed
  • OBS 1 course card animation fixed
  • ICAO code updated to P28R
  • KN62 unit overlapping with GNS configuration selected - fixed
  • NAV and GPS outputs to OBS 1/2, HSI and autopilot now require the associated radio/GPS to be powered on and a valid signal tuned
  • NAV/GPS source switch added, replacing the hidden click spot
  • Blanking panel added in place of the GPS 100 when the GTN 750 configuration is selected
  • COM2/NAV2 volume inoperative with GTN 750 selected - fixed
  • White tail navigation light fixed
  • GPS 100 lat/lon fixed
  • Clean windshield texture improvements
  • GNS 430/530 bezel clipping display - fixed

•  
Edited by styckx
  • Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Nice, btw: did a short flight yesterday and noticed some issues, might be my fault:

- the AUTO EXT gear light (the yellow one) was blinking all the time, is this correct?

- I was not able to use the radios via ATC menue, how come? I could dial in the correct frequency manually and it worked, but not via ATC menue. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

47 minutes ago, AnkH said:

- the AUTO EXT gear light (the yellow one) was blinking all the time, is this correct?

Slide the camera over to the right a smidge. You'll see a small switch next to the flaps lever. Advanced it forward the back to the middle. A bug

The emergency gear lever can also be used to override the automatic gear extension system.

The lever has three positions:

• UP – automatic extension system overridden. Used for situations such as take-off, practising stalls and low speed handling, and for maximising glide ratio. AUTO EXT OFF light flashes.

• MID – automatic extension system enabled. Landing gear will automatically extend when power is reduced below 14 inches of manifold pressure and airspeed drops below 87 KIAS.

• DOWN – push down for manual emergency gear extension when below 87 KIAS

Edited by styckx
  • Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

The update is now live!

Reminder: If you have installed a cockpit repaint. Delete it (until the repaint is updated) or your blanking plate for the GPS 100 will be white.

Looks great and I highlighted the new NAV/GPS switch

baVSHNO.jpg

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1

I'm going to miss the GPS 100 - was very useful for wind and other general info without needing to take up one of the four info slots on the 750 display 😞

• Upvote 1

After a brief test flight. All seems to work fine. 750 save state is working. GPS/NAV switch is perfect. The only major difference I've seen. Even with takeoff assistance on, right around rotate speeds she wants yaw BADLY.  I mean, you have to fight to keep her straight until you're "officially" in the air.

Overall though. This is my baby. Love this plane. It scratches that itch right between the TBM and 172.

Edited by styckx
  • Like 3

Nice, looking forward to fly this update tonight 👍

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

38 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What is this 750? Is it free? 

Yes, the beta is free. https://pms50.com/msfs/

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

MFS is finally hitting its stride with payware GA releases.

Carenado's Seneca and JF's Arrow are both great and I love that JF is making nice improvements with every patch.

• Like 3

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

The GTN750 mod transforms the general usability of the P28A .  The ability to save flight plans and bring up METAR and Navigraph charts (if you have a Navigraph account)  from the cockpit is invaluable.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So does the new Nav/Gps switch make the CDI button on the gns530 / gtn 750 useless?

5 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

So does the new Nav/Gps switch make the CDI button on the gns530 / gtn 750 useless?

It overrides the CDI button.

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

It overrides the CDI button.

OOPS... that is not too well thought through, if true.

The CDI button should be the controlling switch.

• Upvote 1

Bert