Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Fslabs released a320/321 SL

The way I see it is - P3D users are sometimes funny - they complain how little development is going on for P3D nowadays and then when quality products still come out, they don’t want to buy them. I, myself, am VERY selective on the money I spend in P3D ecosystem going forward. So you won’t see me buying questionable quality stuff… most of my investment is in MSFS nowadays, BUT… when PMDG, FSLabs, etc come out with new stuff… it’s a no-brainer. Also when Orbx OpenLC Asia comes out, that’s another one. There are certain companies (PMDG, FSL, QW, and CaptainSim to an extent) where I never feel I am not getting a good value for the product. This isn’t Carenado.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Feel like I waited YEARS for this to be released. I remember checking their forums and website everyday hoping for release news. The Sharklet Hype thread was hilarious. Now it finally releases and Im seeing it days later 😄 and to top it off a bunch of over new additions I never expected. Its too bad I am a fully converted MSFS user as of February 2021. 

On 5/15/2021 at 6:23 PM, ttbq1 said:

then don't do it, after you tried you won't never fly other airplanes hehehehe

I like the FSL bus, but I'd say that I use it for less than 10% of my flying. Variety is good.

On 5/16/2021 at 9:00 PM, suncoastflyer said:

This is literally me. I was so close to buying v5 and continuing down the P3D road but it's just not there for me at the moment.

Luckily FSL still support 4.5 so I go back to it from time to time. It's a great aircraft. I don't see myself buying the SL though, too expensive for me and I probably wouldn't put enough hours into it to get my money's worth. Had MFS not come out, then it would be a no brainer. Alas I am stuck. Maybe P3D v6 will be the next version I buy, maybe I will never buy another version, who knows.

If you don't have v5, you're not well positioned to say if its good or not. Having been back to 4.5 a bit lately due to some tech issues, it's a very noticeable step backwards.

If you're happy flying the bus in MSFS, you're not really FSL's core audience.

I'm more of a Boeing guy myself, but I'm going to buy the sharklet bundle, in part because quality developers need support from the community.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 5/16/2021 at 11:39 PM, Dreamflight767 said:

I' beyond disappointed how this (and other) threads have/always turn(ed) into debacle over price/cost.  I was hoping we'd see some great screenshots. Or tips/tricks. Maybe some performance info. both computer and aircraft technical.  We are well overdue for a great Airbus ETOPS tutorial.

Just another thread adding to web trash.     

Yes, this is 45% arguments about price and 45% people feeling the need to tell the P3D forum that they really only like MSFS now...

Thanks to those who have this and have posted their impressions of the addon, hope we can see some more opinions here from those who are actually flying it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, environmental_ice said:

Its too bad I am a fully converted MSFS user

Poor you! 😊

• Like 3

I'm almost certain many of the people whining here and elsewhere wrt the price of the Sharklets/EFB will gladly pay and consider a bargain the recent travesty by CS of releasing the default MSFS 747 dressed as a 777. It's sad to the point of being funny, but I guess to each their own.

We simmers are a complex bunch: we are far from good consumers: 

Demand perfection, but hate paying for it.

Company with a questionable reputation "produces" half-a...[i know, word not allowed!] effort and we are more than happy to reward them with our money (I don't care if it's only for the price of a burger, it's still money). 

By encouraging this bad practice, we masochistically contribute to our own mistreatment as customers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Enrique Vaamonde

10 hours ago, evaamo said:

Demand perfection, but hate paying for it.

I think you are confusing your preferences with those of the community at large.

People make purchasing decisions based on value, not price (and certainly not cost!). I do not doubt that the FSL A321 is a tremendous rendition of the Airbus. The price may be fair relative to what it costs them to make it. That doesn't matter to me - I think it's a tremendously poor value for me relative to how much I am expected to pay (and pay... and pay... etc.) Same thing with PMDG's 772ER. I don't doubt it's a great depiction of the aircraft and accurate. It's just not good value for me.

One show-stopper for me is the lack of a usable SDK - sorry, I'm not paying premium prices when even basic aircraft such as the QW757 can interact in a reasonably sane and well-known way. You may not care, but that's the point - value is somewhat subjective.

CS' 772 for MSFS is a little comical given the limitations of the sim and what they are able to provide, but I am sure there are plenty of simmers who've been flying various aircraft for years using a default 738 or 744 panel. I've flown a lot of freeware aircraft in years past in the same way. People recognize limitations in the offering and they want it priced accordingly.

(FWIW, I think two of the best values over the years have been the LDS767 and the QW757. Sure the latter has its limitations, but a reasonably good 64-bit 757 for $15? Can't beat that.)

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Just took the plunge and bought it.

Don't make the mistake of thinking this is just the A320 with some elaborate winglets slapped on it. Honestly, it feels like a different aircraft... the screens are changed (they look more real than ever), new sounds have been added, the EFB is there obviously... and that is just the visual side of things. There's lots to uncover beneath...

I'm more than impressed. Well done FSL. You deserve every cent on this one.

Edited by thepilot
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Has anyone seen a Delta A320 SL livery yet?  I do see the A321 they published.

49 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Thanks.  Looking for an A320 SL though.

I don't think there are any as I believe Delta don't have any 320SL in their fleet.  I could be mistaken tho.

7 hours ago, Bigt said:

I don't think there are any as I believe Delta don't have any 320SL in their fleet.  I could be mistaken tho.

you are right.  Delta does not have any A320SL's just A321.  But there is definitely a group of us who are hoping for a fictional regardless.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next