Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah53six

Microsoft/Asobo proved they're pandering to console users

gotta get my popcorn for Avsim drama 😄 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 8

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

3 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

If you use TrackIR or similar peripherals, you look around while you fly. And every time you look somewhere, it looks like a blast wave over the landscape with things popping into view. That's the issue.

Dang, ironically my TrackIR is coming on Thursday so that's a bit disappointing. Tired of moving around with the mouse...

• Like 2

Runs beautifully for me.  Sure I’ve noticed some pop in but I’ll take it. Love the extra performance.

• Like 8

Just now, NightOfDreams said:

Dang, ironically my TrackIR is coming on Thursday so that's a bit disappointing. Tired of moving around with the mouse...

I don't like moving my head so a trackball is the way to go for me..

Logitech MX ERGO Advanced Wireless Trackball with Tilt Plate

Cheers

bs

• Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Just now, NightOfDreams said:

TrackIR is worth it either way, the best flight sim investment I've ever made. Don't feel bad about that.

And I'm sure they'll fix this somehow. 

In the countryside or forested areas, the bug isn't that noticeable. 🙂

• Like 2

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

8 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

If you use TrackIR or similar peripherals, you look around while you fly. And every time you look somewhere, it looks like a blast wave over the landscape with things popping into view. That's the issue.

Thats BS 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Azapata87 said:

Runs beautifully for me.  Sure I’ve noticed some pop in but I’ll take it. Love the extra performance.

Still downloading and don't think I'll see much improvement with the appreciated fixes.  Things are already perfect but glad to see some new peeps in the hobby.

Cheers

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

my pc is currently taken a part i did a quick flight after i was done downloading this morning saw a performance increase in that short test . will see what i can get after i put everything back in one piece . not everyone is getting the same results that was exactly what i expected . If till this date i would still be mad at the things that are not fixed on P3D i would of still be flying FSX . 

from day one they had gone back and forward after every update , im sure after today we will see some more fixes , overall im happy to see that this time we are this far in from day one and still getting support not like back in the days when FLIGHT took a plunge and never came back . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

5 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Thats BS 

I can assure you it is not BS. 

I have both LOD sliders at 200. When looking around in dense / complex areas, it does look like a blast wave with things popping into view. 

Load up at KJFK and fly towards Manhattan. Then start looking around. Oh, and remove the clouds covering the ground.

Edited by Republic3D
  • Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

If I ever get this update downloaded!! What a stupid decision to release it all on the same day!! and an awful way to update the software. Anyway if this turns out to be a turkey for me I am deleting the sim and that's it. I have honestly had enough of this now!

I started the update 4pm UK Time its now 11:40pm and I am not even at 30% and then I have the additional 20+GB in the content manager. This is on a 200Mb line which is 25MB/s...Garbage!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't say they dumbed-down the simulator for the Xbox, there were tons of PC users that wanted better performance, and now many are delighted with the improvements that Sim Update 5 brought without feeling bothered by the pop-in or frame drops caused by the culling.

However, being a PC title, I really do wish they would have given us the option to adjust, or completely disable it. Those with bleeding-edge systems who just wanted a consistent frame rate with the best possible visuals are not getting serviced well now, and I'm seeing that many VR and TrackIR users are not too happy either.

Feel free to upvote this Wishlist thread if you'd like Asobo to let us disable this behaviour. I will try and bring it up for the next Q&A as well.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/slider-to-adjust-disable-the-scenery-culling/426657

• Like 11
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Republic3D said:

I can assure you it is not BS. 

I have both LOD sliders at 200. When looking around in dense / complex areas, it does look like a blast wave with things popping into view. 

Load up at KJFK and fly towards Manhattan. Then start looking around. 

I just did, while there are some redraw its to be expected in a big dense city like nyc, and maxing out settings doesnt help either

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Thats BS 

That video is similair to the performance I see. Granted, I'm running a 3090 bit it's a lot smoother than before and in 4K res and 4k render.  I'm reading this forum and wondering what these guys are seeing that I'm not ...*shrug* 

I feel for the one's getting the crashes though. Those are always tougher to diagnose. 

• Like 6

Semper Fi 

1 minute ago, devgrp said:

I just did, while there are some redraw its to be expected in a big dense city like nyc, and maxing out settings doesnt help either

Well, it is a bug that was introduced with the latest update. And quite an annoying one as well. 

Off topic: what software do you use to capture video in the sim?

Just now, Republic3D said:

Well, it is a bug that was introduced with the latest update. And quite an annoying one as well. 

Off topic: what software do you use to capture video in the sim?

I use nvidia shadowplay

• Like 1