Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah53six

Microsoft/Asobo proved they're pandering to console users

2 minutes ago, Isaiah53six said:

hard to tell unless you can see the sim side-by-side a year ago vs today.... I just know I've been happy with mine for the last few months.

I feel like the overall visual quality has improved, if anything. Addition of water masks, better satellite/mesh data and now new visual effects. Autogen models look better now too. 

Former Child, Current Adult

27 minutes ago, a321 said:

If I ever get this update downloaded!! What a stupid decision to release it all on the same day!! and an awful way to update the software. Anyway if this turns out to be a turkey for me I am deleting the sim and that's it. I have honestly had enough of this now!

I started the update 4pm UK Time its now 11:40pm and I am not even at 30% and then I have the additional 20+GB in the content manager. This is on a 200Mb line which is 25MB/s...Garbage!

sorry to hear that....I'm going to give it a chance again....but I feel your pain and agree.

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

Wahh wahh wahh as if blaming/bashing Xbox/console hasn't been the go to scapegoat for Avsim for every little issue with MSFS since launch.

"OMG they are purposely dumbing down our beloved precious sim for console kiddies"

What a primitive argument....not surprising here at all.😒

Find a new sim at this point or better yet just buy the better version of the sim obviously on Xbox...sheeesh

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

33 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

when FLIGHT took a plunge and never came back . 

70% of new software does this.  I had it, played it a bit and then forgot it.  Going in the right direction I thought.

MSFS is amazing!

Regards

• Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

38 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Thats BS 

Is that TrackIR? or just looking about with a mouse?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

8 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

I feel like the overall visual quality has improved, if anything. Addition of water masks, better satellite/mesh data and now new visual effects. Autogen models look better now too. 

Visual improvements are harder to implement because they can have nasty side-affects.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I’ll say I haven’t tried the update yet, but I feel some may be overreacting, if it’s that bad we will need to give it some time for them to sort it out. Having said that, if it’s that bad and it stays that bad (catered to consoles), I wouldn’t go back to a previous sim, I would get out of simming all together unfortunately after 25 years, at least until the technology offered by another developer  matches the visuals of msfs that we have seen…. simming on a previous sim would not satisfy me one bit anymore. 

Edited by flyinpilot212121
  • Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Also running XP on an XBOX could happen.  ✌️

Regards

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

This cloud concept forces us on a ride we can’t control with this hobby.  Not a fan at all of cloud controlled software.  

Neither am I, but have found over the last few years that single PC products are growing fewer and fewer in favor of cloud based, totally controlled subscription services. Our hobby has been that from the get go. No control over what updates we wish or not. Nothing to do about it unfortunately.

United001

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

What an absolutely dumb thread. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

55 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Load up at KJFK and fly towards Manhattan. Then start looking around. Oh, and remove the clouds covering the ground.

That's BS or something is wrong with your setup. I flew over Manhattan and it was amazing. 

• Like 3

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 hour ago, Isaiah53six said:

funny cause I don't have P3D  but I get your drift.  Guess I'll have to find a used copy somewhere.  LOL

Their is no such a thing as a "used copy".

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

I don't like moving my head so a trackball is the way to go for me..

Logitech MX ERGO Advanced Wireless Trackball with Tilt Plate

Cheers

bs

Microsoft Trackball Explorer is the best!

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

1 hour ago, Isaiah53six said:

thank you...I will look into doing that after this one is finished downloading.

That's rather pointless, since it will just download/install the next time you start it up... 

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator