Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah53six

Microsoft/Asobo proved they're pandering to console users

28 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Is that TrackIR? or just looking about with a mouse?

Xbox controller 🎮 

• Upvote 1

I think I can live with this in TrackIR:

• Like 10

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

1 hour ago, Azapata87 said:

Runs beautifully for me.  Sure I’ve noticed some pop in but I’ll take it. Love the extra performance.

No one is disputing it runs better. It would run better for me if I placed the setting on low.

I had no issues with performance and fps before SU5 on my pc, now it doesn't look as good. That's my only issue.

I didn't have any pop ins, now I do, so it's a step backwards.

If they could have had no pop ins and better performance that would have been the best of both worlds, but I feel they mislead us about performance gains by redoing codes, but instead they got the gains by lowering settings for everyone.

The should have had a slider, pop in, better performance to same performance, no side pop ins. Simple. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

1 hour ago, blueshark747 said:

Wahh wahh wahh as if blaming/bashing Xbox/console hasn't been the go to scapegoat for Avsim for every little issue with MSFS since launch.

"OMG they are purposely dumbing down our beloved precious sim for console kiddies"

What a primitive argument....not surprising here at all.😒

Find a new sim at this point or better yet just buy the better version of the sim obviously on Xbox...sheeesh

My thinking or else you are all wrong and silly. Nice to be on the right side of the debate.

Discuss:

If MSFS was not brought over to XBOX would they have changed the way the scenery is displayed? 

Would they have needed performance gains if they didn't have to bring it over to the xbox?

Discuss this instead attacking people who think this is true or not true.

In two years, most simmers would have bought newer and better pc parts, so they won't need "more performance gains". At least not by introducing pop ins.

In two years, the xbox will have the same specs.

No need for me to by a 3080. I guess I should thank aboso. Save me a lot of money.

Yeah, and dont' worry about me crying in my beer. There's a difference between ranting about a game on a forum and real life stuff. This is just a diversion from real life problems.  No one here is going to go to the psych doctor on wed morning to get over the change in MSFS. We are just having a good time arguing over one of our passions; just like people do in a bar over sports teams... so don't worry about the wahh wahh wahh,,,You must be fun to discuss things with over a beer if your only come back is wahh wahh wahh

Edited by SlowFlyer
  • Like 1

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

The high temperature/high ISAs aloft issue is still there. So no live weather fix until the fall i guess. What a joke. 

And this is a huge F-U you the PC flight sim community. Everything is labeled and changed to automatically accommodate xbox users, like we on our PCs have now been shunned by Asobo and MS. 

• Like 1

What the PC version really needs is more options in the settings for those of us who have invested in the hardware so that we can make use of what we have for a better all around experience. Just like AAA games that are simultaneously released for both PC and console. The PC versions usually offers more flexibility when it comes to offering the user more settings to tailor it specifically for their setup and get it dialed in perfectly.

• Like 4

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

What the PC version really needs is more options in the settings for those of us who have invested in the hardware so that we can make use of what we have for a better all around experience. Just like AAA games that are simultaneously released for both PC and console. The PC versions usually offers more flexibility when it comes to offering the user more settings to tailor it specifically for their setup and get it dialed in perfectly.

Well now that both the XBOX and PC version are using the same code, my guess is it will be a lot easier to give PC users more advanced options/settings. Half the battle was getting both platforms running under the same code. People are acting like this is the last SU we'll ever get and that Asobo has officially decided to "shun" PC users?? I really don't get it. People have been crying out for improved performance for MONTHS and now we have it. But no no no, we've gotta act like the world is ending because there is a little bit of scenery redrawing in photogrammetry areas. 

I guess Asobo should just go back to making rat games, eh? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Former Child, Current Adult

What I'm hoping they are doing is putting together a solid foundation of the sim itself. Then branch it off PC\Xbox as far as features and options go.

I've seen many games before where the people making console version weren't talking to the people making the PC version and vice versa and what you ended up getting was trash on both. Just look at Cyberpunk 

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

4 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

Well now that both the XBOX and PC version are using the same code, my guess is it will be a lot easier to give PC users more advanced options/settings. Half the battle was getting both platforms running under the same code. People are acting like this is the last SU we'll ever get and that Asobo has officially decided to "shun" PC users?? I really don't get it. People have been crying out for improved performance for MONTHS and now we have it. But no no no, we've gotta act like the world is ending because there is a little bit of scenery redrawing in photogrammetry areas. 

I guess Asobo should just go back to making rat games, eh? 

I never had a problem with performance and I'm on a laptop.. I'm upset because I can't climb into the flight levels without the temperature staying the same and ruining performance and realism on every flight I do.. I can't realistically edit or import a proper IFR flight plan to use, can't use the god awful ATC.. etc etc. I just see the priorities are very clear this is a beautiful dumbed down flying experience not meant for me since Im obviously asking way too much of Asobo.. right?

Edited by pilatuz

14 minutes ago, pilatuz said:

The high temperature/high ISAs aloft issue is still there. So no live weather fix until the fall i guess. What a joke. 

And this is a huge F-U you the PC flight sim community. Everything is labeled and changed to automatically accommodate xbox users, like we on our PCs have now been shunned by Asobo and MS. 

Oh no. Not the labels. 🤣

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

2 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

Well now that both the XBOX and PC version are using the same code, my guess is it will be a lot easier to give PC users more advanced options/settings. 

I think this is very true, but it's up to MS/aboso to (want to) put this into the software.

Lets me start: #allowthesliders

If they wanted to do this, they could have done this in this update. They chose not to or even state if they will, thus, i am not very hopeful.

They talk a good game about pc, and pc simmers, and then they offer pop ins, lol.

Why wait, can't they do this for the next update. As if this idea never crossed their minds? I would think the pc beta testers would have asked, hey can we have more sliders? Everyone like sliders. 

1 minute ago, pilatuz said:

I never had a problem with performance and I'm on a laptop.. I'm upset because I can't climb into the flight levels without the temperature staying the same and ruining performance and realism on every flight I do.. I can't realistically edit or import a proper IFR flight plan to use, can't use the god awful ATC.. etc etc. I just see the priorities are very clear this is a beautiful dumbed down flying experience not meant for me since Im obviously asking way too much of Asobo.. right?

Well I'm glad you never had any performance issues, but lots and lots of people did (myself included depending on the scenario). The temp issue is a legit criticism, and I've only encountered it as of the past couple of days (might have to do with server updates etc.). IDK what to tell you about flight planning. I use simbrief and Pilot2ATC so these things are of no concern to me. You can always go back to X-Plane/P3D if this new sim is too dumbed down for you 😉

• Upvote 1

Former Child, Current Adult

Give them a break, this is probably one of the biggest update the sim has ever gotten. In due time, I'm hopeful they will give PC version more options. This is the 1st time they ever released MSFS on a different platform.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, Republic3D said:

I can assure you it is not BS. 

I have both LOD sliders at 200. When looking around in dense / complex areas, it does look like a blast wave with things popping into view. 

Load up at KJFK and fly towards Manhattan. Then start looking around. Oh, and remove the clouds covering the ground.

I have done so, and I'm not seeing anything like you are describing

• Like 8

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I have done so, and I'm not seeing anything like you are describing

I'll second that.

• Like 2