Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix for CTDs and major issues coming soon

1 hour ago, pvupilot said:

Anyone actually expecting anything from this hot fix?? I wouldn’t get excited for it. After the biggest update since the sim came out flopped… really disappointed as the sim looked and ran awesome before the forced update. 

I’m expecting a hot fix to errr fix stuff

• Like 4

Thomas Derbyshire

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

I’m expecting a hot fix to errr fix stuff

Expectation are a dangerous thing in the world of software fixes.

Hope for the best but expect the worst to avoid disappointment.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, sanh said:

Am I the only person happy with no issues that bother me? People keep saying I am trolling on the msfs forums when I post this.

Done a couple of flights now in the FBW A320 with zero issues or CTDs. Yeh some stuff have changed but it just seems minor to me.

I have yet to see on this Avsim forum any comment berating or ridiculing happy users. But, as noted by Bobcat above, we have seen  nasty stuff towards those who thought that SU5 was problematic : the usual ludicrous brainless accusation that Avsim is only a bunch of grumpy old farts, whiners, elitists (yes and then what ?), snobs and whatnot etc. And, as Bobcat also noted, including from people who should and usually know better. 

Now the  MFS team has acknowledged that SU5 is indeed problematic, they look <being diplomat here>.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 6

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

16 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

All that drama in the last two days really begs the question why in the world do they make those updates mandatory?

With PC and xbox sharing the same bing data from the same servers, makes sense to make them mandatory.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

So that are good news - thanks to the Asobo Team !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, hansb57 said:

I wonder what all those beta testers did.

apply next time and you'll se for yourself!

7 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

With PC and xbox sharing the same bing data from the same servers, makes sense to make them mandatory.

yea, its way less of a headache to have everyone run the same version.

• Like 1

I have a feeling they will fix the CTDs in the hotfix but NOT change anything else.  This could be interesting...

11 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I have yet to see on this Avsim forum any comment berating or ridiculing happy users. But, as noted by Bobcat above, we have seen  nasty stuff towards those who thought that SU5 was problematic : the usual ludicrous brainless accusation that Avsim is only a bunch of grumpy old farts, whiners, elitists (yes and then what ?), snobs and whatnot etc. And, as Bobcat also noted, including from people who should and usually know better. 

Now the  MFS team has acknowledged that SU5 is indeed problematic, they look <being diplomat here>.

Well, we can also be honest and admit many of the "complainers" (is that a word?) make a point to word their posts in such a way that it is offensive to the users that have no problems. They often seem to forget that a LOT of people are running the sim trouble free. I guess both sides need balance and composure.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Thx God.... tfffuuu.... Thx Asobo! 😉

CANT WAIT for CTD HOTFIX ⚠️

dont get hyped up again, i predict some users will still have ctd after this fix.

this i call common sense realism.

7 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

apply next time and you'll se for yourself!

No thanks I'm not eager enough.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

For those who messed around with the Usercfg.opt file by editing and making it read only better restore it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

I’m going to guess a lot of the stuff we are experiencing now, Asobo possibly knew about.  But they had a deadline to meet with the X-Box release on July 27th.  That deadline could not be moved because Microsoft spent a lot of marketing money, marketing July 27th as the date for X-Box.

if Asobo were not constrained by the July 27 deadline, they probably would have spent more time fixing stuff and making Sim Update 5 better,  

Moving forward, I don’t see another major deadline like the X-Box release. So hopefully, in the future, Asobo can spend more time polishing their update so we all have a smoother MSFS for the update.

I believe the same happened with the release last year, wich was way earlier than I expected. I think it may have forced Asobo to try and catch up ever since.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

For me, the best hotfox would be to return the sim to it's pre SU5 state.  If Asobo want to give us a new version, then for heavens sake beta test it properly first.

2 new issues I have observed are the mouse pointer frequently disappearing and has anyone noticed that the DI on the 172 (and probably other aircraft) seems to have a mind of it's own.  I turned of drift in the hooe that it would solve it, but unfortunately not.  Each time I press the "D" key, it still moves and it's every time, not just after 10 or 15 minutes which could allow some drift.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

3 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Well, we can also be honest and admit many of the "complainers" (is that a word?) make a point to word their posts in such a way that it is offensive to the users that have no problems. They often seem to forget that a LOT of people are running the sim trouble free. I guess both sides need balance and composure.

An old politician trick... it doesn’t work with an old grumpy fart like me, sorry. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam