Sign in to follow this  
Andy675

Given Up

52 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

The only thing that's bothering me with it at the moment is the winds/temperatures aloft bug. Made the last flight I just did pretty eventful with the temperature wildly fluctuating..

Yup....today was the first day I had time to do a full flight in the FBW 320.....couldn't figure why I stopped climbing at 11,000 feet.  Looked down at temps and....50 C.  Switched to clear skies then turned on Live WX on approach at 10k.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I only fly JF Warrior after this patch, it seems to work fine with just some small glitches, the thing that's bothering me most at the moment are the washout colors and the bad looking clouds.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Tried another flight today, luckily no CTD. Into the flight and the next issue rear's it's ugly head, +40c at 30k... A320 cannot climb or hold airpseed, gave up. Off to fly in DCs where stuff actually works.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

One can only hope that the next coming week brings some fix to that temperature mess. In my opinion, people who messed this thing up, should not spend weekends, they should be tapping fixing code. After all, we have paid good amount of money for this...

Tapani Österberg

4 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I only fly JF Warrior after this patch, it seems to work fine with just some small glitches, the thing that's bothering me most at the moment are the washout colors and the bad looking clouds.

rolls eyes, these washed out colors cna be so easily rectified.

how come people are so badly knowable with their windows that they dontn know how?????

1 minute ago, wim123 said:

these washed out colors cna be so easily rectified.

I fly VR headset only, 

"so easily rectified."

like how?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Why can you not inform me about it instead of behaving like a besserwisser?

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 minute ago, Ixoye said:

Why can you not inform me about it instead of behaving like a besserwisser?

has been done several times, you peeps are hopeless.

1 hour ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Think next time I fly I will fire up P3Dv5 and just wait a few more weeks until MSFS straightens out its issues. 

It took the better part of 4 months to really get things into shape after the retail release.  Unless they do another hotfix, the earliest we will see any any further update is the next World Update.

I'm sure they must have ignored a lot of feedback from the people on the Beta "flight" for SU5 to have released it in this state.  I wonder what the point of that program even is beyond being able to say they have one.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

So you guys are frustrated with addons thats not compatible which might be causing CTD? I've been running the sim vanilla and havent had any ctd in SU5 yet

Thank you for repeating something that we have already heard a number of times.

Unfortunately this is not my experience. With vanilla sim (I fly over standard Rome with a standard 172) I had ctds, reduced resolution and so on.

A.

1 hour ago, Lange_666 said:

I have a clean vanilla also (just plain clean as it can be) but had a few CTD's already.
For now it's also +/- always the same, selecting a departure location, various airports, hit the fly button and then either direct or while loading the flight... Windows desktop.
Doesn't happen much but didn't happen at all pre SU5.

Do you have any controllers connected via USB? 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 hours ago, devgrp said:

So you guys are frustrated with addons thats not compatible which might be causing CTD? I've been running the sim vanilla and havent had any ctd in SU5 yet

Remember some people have spent a lot of money on addons and hardware...

1 minute ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Remember some people have spent a lot of money on addons and hardware...

I spent 3800 last summer to build my pc and I think I've spent close to 1k on addons. If ab addon is broken I can wait until it's patched. No sense getting frustrated over things I can't control 

6 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I spent 3800 last summer to build my pc and I think I've spent close to 1k on addons. If ab addon is broken I can wait until it's patched. No sense getting frustrated over things I can't control 

True but if I think back to last August it's been a bumpy year of working sometimes and sometimes not

I have managed a 2 hour flight in A32NX and also a 2 hour flight in CJ4 this weekend. Both were pretty good and sim behaved. BUT I have also had a couple flights in A32NX where I simply hit escape, shut the PC down and went in search of a chill-pill because of the high temps issue. When it hits at random, flying anything at higher altitude becomes impossible. Fuel burn goes thru the roof while aircraft performance plummets and auto pilots go beserk. Totally unrealistic. 

So far, it really is luck of the draw if you get the ISA+80 at FL 360 or not.

What I have noticed is that some dev’s have been updating liveries for A32NX since the SU5. If you find A32NX goes CTD, delete or update the livery you are using.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor