Sign in to follow this  
Andy675

Given Up

2 hours ago, wim123 said:

rolls eyes, these washed out colors cna be so easily rectified.

how come people are so badly knowable with their windows that they dontn know how?????

Are you a programmer. If so, tell is how to fix the problem

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

In 2D mode colours can be corrected, if you feel the need using the NVIDIA Experience overlay and apply a Game Filter,t his will alter the games colour at the hardware level. If you're using AMD then, well, that's your fault.

25 minutes ago, CombatCustard said:

In 2D mode colours can be corrected, if you feel the need using the NVIDIA Experience overlay and apply a Game Filter,t his will alter the games colour at the hardware level. If you're using AMD then, well, that's your fault.

Just to let you know that I am unable to get NVIDIA Experience overlay working with MSFS, it says "Unable to retrieve settings - Try again later". So how do I correct colours now?

All this is missing the point.  I have never had to apply a filter to any other title - we shouldn't have to.  It all looked perfectly good before the update. 

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

Do you have any controllers connected via USB? 

All of them.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

58 minutes ago, CombatCustard said:

Maladjusting your GPU settings because one application is putting out bogus color information, is not the brightest thing in the world to do. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

All of them.

Disconnect them and try again. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 hours ago, chickster25 said:

Just to let you know that I am unable to get NVIDIA Experience overlay working with MSFS, it says "Unable to retrieve settings - Try again later". So how do I correct colours now?

Don't use NVIDIA Experience. Only install the driver, not that software. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

In response to Devgroup: FYI -- just reporting here -- I spent $2040 on a new Alienware last year and next to nothing on addons (I have a ton of freebies), and I am getting great performance and graphics, especially since the SU5 update.

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Edited by cobalt

8 hours ago, Andy675 said:

revert back to the stock A320. All went well until I reached 23000ft then my climb rate fell to virtually nil.

Hi, i'm on same situation, can't fly the fbw a320 due to ctds after update. Trying also to climb in the stock a320, what happened to this plane? Is there any way of fixing the climb rate? This used to be a rocket plane for climbing time ago. I can deal with de occasional blurries of the update in turn for more frames, but not a non functional stock plane.

Alexander Colka

20 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

Hi, i'm on same situation, can't fly the fbw a320 due to ctds after update. Trying also to climb in the stock a320, what happened to this plane? Is there any way of fixing the climb rate? This used to be a rocket plane for climbing time ago. I can deal with de occasional blurries of the update in turn for more frames, but not a non functional stock plane.

It's not the plane that's at fault it's the temperature. There's a bug in the weather that randomly sets the upper air temperatures at about 4x what they should be. That results in very reduced engine performance and climb rates.

• Like 4

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

2 hours ago, Tom Wright said:

It's not the plane that's at fault it's the temperature. There's a bug in the weather that randomly sets the upper air temperatures at about 4x what they should be. That results in very reduced engine performance and climb rates.

Thanks Tom for your reply it makes sense, however I find strange that I can climb with no problems with the 787 and 747.

Alexander Colka

11 hours ago, RobJC said:

That is what many of us have been saying. Strip it down to Vanilla first, then add one at a time. Make sure your CPU/GPU are not overheating, don’t overclock either, unplug all USB devices except absolutely necessary for PC operation (keyboard/mouse), update Windows, update video drivers, then try again with a stock airplane at a stock airport. 

Seems a reasonable list of things to do to get a flight sim running - you forgot to make sure the flux capacitor is getting 1.21 Jigowatts and the cooling fans are running at 88mph.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

10 hours ago, wim123 said:

rolls eyes, these washed out colors cna be so easily rectified.

how come people are so badly knowable with their windows that they dontn know how?????

I found a very easy way to get my colours looking good, I calibrated my screen with an X Rite i1Display Pro.  Every game and app on my PC looks good except MSFS.  Using another app or changing my window colour settings seems reasonable to you?

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Try turning bloom off. It wont stick but it takes away the wash out. 

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.