Sign in to follow this  
mazex

Can we see some screens of SU5 degradation?

The overexposition can be seen in about 100 pictures those last days, just take a quick look around here. Reduced LODs in general have been proven by very-low-res ground textures starting from around FL 320 (terrain LOD at max), which was definitely not the case before (ask any airline simmer here) ["Extremely blurry / lo res...."]. There are pics that show volumetric lighting is gone, but I think that was on "MSFS forum -> graphics bugs" and not here.

Anything else is a lot harder to acknowledge a 100%, since it is bound to location, time and weather; I am unsure about clouds. I think the changed lighting play tricks on anybody's mind. But as said above, there are things that are measurable and reproducable, so there has definitely been a degradation, no one can deny that.

52 minutes ago, mazex said:

Well - the odd thing is that many don't have any problems while some say it looks like FSX? If we assume neither are lying there must be something that is the underlying problem?

It would be interesting to see a degraded screenshot and see if us with no problems can recreate the problem?

It depends a lot on location (rural? water? city? city with photogrammetry?) and altitude. Low and slow on rural areas (e.g. those discovery flights) still look absolutely gorgeous, so if you only fly there - a lot of people do - , you have no idea what the others talk about. Airliner flying... not so much. So perspectives are really different.

16 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

if you want, i can put you here hundred of pics of empty airports. you wouldnt believe it!  there is no ai traffic.or i can put my desktop, because it is what i see when sometimes loading.

but we are drama queen. 

so, just imagine yourself. 

Okay then, let's call that bluff, yes I do want you to post 100 pictures, so go on, go for it, post those 100 pictures of those different empty airports, or if you don't, then presumably it actually does make you a drama queen. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Alot of people including myself have found out that low and medium graphics settings was also presented  on ultra .

A reset of graphics every flight after loading a flight mandatory.

Some of the posts about degraded graphics was before we learned the issue.

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

20 minutes ago, Chock said:

Okay then, let's call that bluff, yes I do want you to post 100 pictures, so go on, go for it, post those 100 pictures of those different empty airports, or if you don't, then presumably it actually does make you a drama queen. 🤣

There is nothing more ridiculous than a drama queen wishing the rest were. I do not have to publish photos so that nobody believes me, because I assume that I am not a liar. We can also start from the basis that you are suspicious. It is very typical of the drama queen 🙂 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abranpuko said:

We can also start from the basis that you are suspicious. It is very typical of the drama queen

It is not being a "drama queen" to be skeptical, or to put anecdotal issues into context.  Remember:  the plural of "anecdote" isn't "data".

Sure, some people are having issues with changes in SU5, some to a greater degree than others, for any of a number of possible reasons.  No sensible person is going to argue against that, and I don't believe Chock was.

What is worth treating with significant skepticism are attempts to take the out-of-scale complaints of some of the more ... exuberant ... commenters here as though their volume in any way represents their proportion of all MSFS users.   Nor is it being a "drama queen" to point out that all this sturm und drang is over pretend digital planes, which makes the level of uproar some users have seem pretty comical in a fuller context.

• Like 4

Chock mentioned trying a different server. I no longer am able to pick between them. My account shows as not online and server choices are grayed out. I am online though, as I can download items from the content manager and when flying in new areas can get bing detailed scenery when applicable. I am confused about this???

2 hours ago, Chock said:

but there definitely have been some real drama queens coming out concerning what actually has occurred. It's as well to remember that it is a toy plane game, not some kind of life and death matter, although from the way some people have gone ballistic about it, we could be forgiven for thinking otherwise.

Fully agree. It's just a piece of software. In the grand scheme of things who cares?

I think though due in part to the global events of the past 18 months, that have affected many in severe and real ways, some people probably placed more value and passion into hobbies like simming as an escape from the current difficulties of the real world and their personal lives.

Between the first more honourable reason of genuine frustration and the far less honourable culture shift of entitlement, I think it explains what might appear to some as an over the top reaction. In saying that, I also believe most people on these forums are genuine and not with an entitled attitude.

I would go as far as to say that the few same people around here being constantly critical of anyone who complains are acting far more entitled and righteous than those doing the complaining. Generally I listen to others and try to help if I can. I think that's a more preferable approach than the 'me, myself and I' way of reacting.

From my perspective, I think that the sim has taken several visual steps backwards with SU5 and it is actually rather annoying. I find it though quite ridicious that a few people on here seem to enjoy winding up those with issues rather than trying to help solve them.

Edited by steve310002
  • Upvote 1

Fortunately, forums exist so that we can be free to express how much we want about the product at hand: MSFS. So I repeat: the update is not an update, because they have reduced the quality of the service that they have given us in their initial purchase. Air traffic has never been real, the models are generic and the clouds have lost quality. I'm happy to be free!!! 😙

thanks for your answers!:) 

I find it hard to believe that with all the issues being reported, that Asobo will not issue more updates to fix them.  After all, the same uproar happened months ago after the first few updates broke things.  Yet most people complaining about major issues are saying that the Sim was working really well prior to SU5.  Well, we got there before, we will get there again.  I too feel the lighting has changed for the worse, but I'm confident it will be fixed eventually.  I just hope the performance doesn't suffer.  It was good for me before, but now the fluidity, at least for me is nothing short of amazing.  I, for one, hope I don't lose that.  

Being rude to each other accomplishes nothing.  Let's just identify the issues and give Asobo time to address them. 

• Like 4

The game itself is working fairly well right now, the dev mode is still a wait for the next patch kind of thing (at least for me).  That said, I feel like too many comments have been miscontextualized. Everyone is human, we all make mistakes, but they have a lot of resources too (let us not forget). Maybe I was overly critical from being PO'd about them breaking the dev environment a few times, but I feel like the GAS LIGHTING has been pretty strong.

I'm starting to feel the effects of the gas lighting as if everything was a bad dream, so just in case I've made a Dr appointment for them to check my head for a micro-chip. I don't want to end up like another one of Elon Musk's test monkeys drinking a banana shake and having my stimuli measured while doing so.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Alan if I take off from EGNX 27 do a right hand patten and return to land, the airport is gone. You will just have to take my word for it. Becasue I cannot me word not allowed@ed to do it again....its fine when using hand crafted or addon paid.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Maybe I was overly critical from being PO'd about them breaking the dev environment a few times, but I feel like the GAS LIGHTING has been pretty strong.

Gonna assume you’re being ironic, but the frequent use of ‘gaslighting’ around these parts is reeeeeeally not cool.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

5 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Gonna assume you’re being ironic, but the frequent use of ‘gaslighting’ around these parts is reeeeeeally not cool.

I think its a strange name for what it is. Sounds like a romatic sight of a guy going around repairing old gas lights in the Park in Nottingham (The Park still has gas lights its not a play park its a big private area for big houses close to the castle thats not a castle)

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Nah brother, not at all, why go straight to the "toxic", that is what I think is not cool. I was being light-hearted as it feels like we're all part of a giant corporate gaming experiment, and I'm not sure that we are not 🙂

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram