Sign in to follow this  
Seth2021

New windows 10 updates & Game Mode fix

3 hours ago, Redge said:

Ok cheers. So I’ve seen a lot of people mention eg the 21H1 update and then hint that they don’t update. Are there “good” reasons not to do so?

This has been going on for decades in the FS community. I remember when Win XP SP1 was released in 2002, there were people on Avsim declaring it was a conspiracy and they would never update.

Same for Win 7. There was a contingent of FS users who swore they weren’t going to upgrade and Win XP (which was 8 years old) was what they would use until it was pried from their hands. 

Many FS folks don’t like change, and they think behind every OS update is an ulterior motive by MS to force them to do something. Reality is security is a moving target, and often the victims of ransomware and other attacks are victims because they didn’t update and remediate the vulnerability.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Redge said:

Ok cheers. So I’ve seen a lot of people mention eg the 21H1 update and then hint that they don’t update. Are there “good” reasons not to do so?

The last large update that I did for my windows installation literally broke my PC.  I was only able to recover when I did a complete window reinstall and thus all programs, settings, ect.  took about three days to get back where I was.  I review the updates to see if what is actually being updated has any application to what I do on my pc, often they do not.  I do try to capture security updates when able.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

So game mode on or off?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

20 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Game mode off i see.

Why GPU acceleration to off?

Also P3D when we are at ir?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Also, don't forget to add all all your Flight Sim (.exe's) to the W10 GPU Scheduler and set them to High Performance!!!  

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Also, don't forget to add all all your Flight Sim (.exe's) to the W10 GPU Scheduler and set them to High Performance!!!  

Isnt this the same task we use in Nvidia Control Panel under program settings ?

Anyway i dont have the rights to add it to the W10 GPU Scheduler - using NVI Controlpanel instead

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

57 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

These will need to be revisited (also note the systems and GPUs being used). Would suggest you try Game Mode + HAGS on and off on your system to see if there are changes either way.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Isnt this the same task we use in Nvidia Control Panel under program settings ?

Anyway i dont have the rights to add it to the W10 GPU Scheduler - using NVI Controlpanel instead

Michael Moe

This isn't exactly the same, Michael. This is at the W10 level...telling it your GPU Scheduler performance.  You should have both set to High Performance,  I am getting simply incredible performance out of my modest GTX 1070.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

This isn't exactly the same, Michael. This is at the W10 level...telling it your GPU Scheduler performance.  You should have both set to High Performance,  I am getting simply incredible performance out of my modest GTX 1070.

Thanks but i dont seem to have the rights to access to flightsimulator.exe . 

P3d.exe no problems

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

MSFS is not a game! Therefore I'm not enabling any gaming mode.

No, just kidding.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks but i dont seem to have the rights to access to flightsimulator.exe . 

P3d.exe no problems

Thanks

Michael Moe

Choose game mode settings via the windows search bar then go to graphic settings choose desktop app and browse to the exe file 😉 set that one to high performance 😉

• Like 1

André

Tried GPU ACC to off wirh Game Mode On but didnt see much different

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Just now, awf said:

Choose game mode settings via the windows search bar then go to graphic settings choose desktop app and browse to the exe file 😉 set that one to high performance 😉

Havent access it say via that link 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Just now, Michael Moe said:

Havent access it say via that link 

Michael Moe

run as administrator...

André