Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Two times that I got my eyes full of tears by MSFS!

Two times that I got my eyes full of tears since MSFS was released,

first time when it was initially released (18 Aug 2020), I thought I wouldn't live to see the date when you have the whole world simulated/rendered and full of life with its atmospheric/weather/terrain/woods/cities/streets/mountains/lighting effects etc. in almost full details out of the box, I remembered our dear friends that left this world before seeing this amazing piece of work (God bless their souls).

The second time was when I installed SU5HF2, I have never thought I would be able to fly this complicated simulator with such butter smoothness on my eight years old computer, there are still some areas that needs improvements of course and I'm sure it is happening, however it is just amazing the way it is right now.

I'm not saying it is perfect, but it is the best of all simulators out there for me.

So. Big thank you MS and ASOBO for making me cry of happiness.

Ali A.

• Like 30

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Only once have I really cried - when I purchased Premium Deluxe...LoL 🤣

I will cry next when the Pilatus PC 24 SVJ comes out for MSFS!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Next time I cry is when Fenix releases their A320 and PMDG their 737, 777 and 747 and then Henrik's Global Ship AI, and then GSX, and then AIG and then MaVe's Sound Addon!

Edited by captain420
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

16 minutes ago, penta_a said:

Two times that I got my eyes full of tears since MSFS was released,

first time when it was initially released (18 Aug 2020), I thought I wouldn't live to see the date when you have the whole world simulated/rendered and full of life with its atmospheric/weather/terrain/woods/cities/streets/mountains/lighting effects etc. in almost full details out of the box, I remembered our dear friends that left this world before seeing this amazing piece of work (God bless their souls).

The second time was when I installed SU5HF2, I have never thought I would be able to fly this complicated simulator with such butter smoothness on my eight years old computer, there are still some areas that needs improvements of course and I'm sure it is happening, however it is just amazing the way it is right now.

I'm not saying it is perfect, but it is the best of all simulators out there for me.

So. Big thank you MS and ASOBO for making me cry of happiness.

Ali A.

it is even more amazing in VR

• Like 2

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

E3 2019 ... Nothing surprised me like that, tears appeared immediately 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, penta_a said:

I have never thought I would be able to fly this complicated simulator with such butter smoothness on my eight years old computer, there are still some areas that needs improvements of course and I'm sure it is happening, however it is just amazing the way it is right now.

Ali A.

SU5 was tuned more or less tuned for your eight years old computer so that is awesome, to get that much simulator for eight year old hardware.   Others w/ new hardware are hoping the also tune for their hardware as well.  I'm sure they would be as amazed as you are feeling right now.  I agree it's really a great piece of work!

• Like 3

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I cry when every single flight results in me staring at my desktop after half an hour

• Like 3

Not sure I could ever actually cry over a sim, but I have definitely been in awe, more than once.

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thank you, Ali, for this soothing testimony.
Bless you.

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

2 hours ago, David Roch said:

Thank you, Ali, for this soothing testimony.
Bless you.

Agreed 🙂  This simulator always generates many 'wow' moments for me; I have had to block the tears on a few occasions not ruin the VR headset. 😂  They have rendered a beautiful world out there.

Edited by simon747
  • Like 2

Simon