Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Orbx Alaska Mesh released

Found this one, a reminder of the real thing.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Thank you, good job contrary to the video. A bit skeptical about the 5 m resolution or the default mesh in the four settings you chose is already very good

I think that this is the most telling comparison. The videos are really not much help at all.
What looks like a volcano crater at center left is missing altogether in the default mesh.
Right or wrong, it look a lot more convincing.

Flight-Simulator-2021-08-19-12-16-57-482

The difference is perhaps less dramatic than it was in FSX or P3D, where the default mesh was really not very good but at €8,02, plus local tax of course, it must be good value for money.
All addons that are closer to reality provide the most value to those that are familiar with the area and good mesh in mountainous areas and good photo scenery like this is where it works best.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 2

What I like about these meshes is the fact that there's no more load in or pop in when flying in mountainous areas. It really kills the immersion.

• Like 6

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Not much of a difference, a little bit sharper terrain and peaked mountains, their NZ mesh made a bigger difference, but for that price there is nothing to complain about, I will buy it.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

8 hours ago, eugen_1975 said:

The difference is very noticeable

Thank you that is a much better comparison. Between this and learning that PAJN is included I’m sold.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

12 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I swore off flying in Hawaii until it gets a world update.    I don't want to ruin the experience.

Oʻahu looks great after the US World Update.

• Like 1

Those comparison shots show a difference, but I am actually pretty happy how the default scenery mesh is in these shots. Yes, there is a difference. No, it isn't enough for me to pay for the difference. 

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

So not realy a breathtaking difference for me, tought they could be more..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Those comparison shots show a difference, but I am actually pretty happy how the default scenery mesh is in these shots. Yes, there is a difference. No, it isn't enough for me to pay for the difference. 

I agree. Not enough for me to allocate 6.23GB for either. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 6297J said:

I agree. Not enough for me to allocate 6.23GB for either. 

Wow, I will stick with default and save 6 GB on my SSD.

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It is pretty simple really:

•  if you bush bash, skim the ridge tops and intend to land in the mountain lakes in a floaty you will see a massive difference and it is worth every cent of it.
  • If on the other hand your intent is to fly over it at 20,000 feet, cruising at 170 knots on AP and gawk at the scenery - forget it. not worth your money.
Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 7

Flew from Skagway down to PAJN and the difference was immediately noticeable.  Very impressive close up.  As usual stills and even vids don't do it justice,

Arriving at Juneau to find it had had a makeover was the icing on the cake!  That was worth the £8 alone,

• Like 3

14 hours ago, captain420 said:

Speaking of meshes, Hawaii could sure use the same treatment.

it is planned...

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

2 minutes ago, guibru said:

it is planned...

Where did you find that info and from who?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU