Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Released: MilViz Porter for MSFS2020

I can't get the word not allowed thing to start properly. The prop spins and the engine starts to fire up but then it dies with the prop still spinning. I've followed the checklists  My Logitech throttles appear to be working the planes throttle correctly.

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

I can't get the word not allowed thing to start properly. The prop spins and the engine starts to fire up but then it dies with the prop still spinning. I've followed the checklists  My Logitech throttles appear to be working the planes throttle correctly.

Did you turn fuel switch on (lower left corner next to door on pilot side) ?

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

10 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Did you turn fuel switch on (lower left corner next to door on pilot side) ?

Yes. Cntrl+E has the same result.

Ctrl E will not work with this plane.  Not sure what else is going on.   Support forums maybe?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

4 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Ctrl E will not work with this plane.  Not sure what else is going on.   Support forums maybe?

I realise it's me doing something wrong. It's there a tutorial you can recommend? The engine starts to fire up but then dies?

Edited by jarmstro

It's hard to admit it but CTRL+E does work. Me anyway. I just used it the once, honest.

Incidentally, is there a Twin-Fred reading this thread? I was in PNG last night flying from Jackson. I flew along with another Porter in a nice formation. If you're reading this Fred, I'm RONA. Don't judge me too harshly, that was my very first landing in that kite. It couldn't have been at a more inconvenient airstrip!  

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

delete

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Does the Generator Reset switch do something? I did at one occasion not manage to get the Generator working after accidently flipping the Crash Cover.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

9 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I realise it's me doing something wrong. It's there a tutorial you can recommend? The engine starts to fire up but then dies?

Just make sure you don't induce a hotstart.  You'll have to reset.

Anyway - Fuel Valve on - Battery On - AV Bus Tie Out - Bus 1 On - Aux Fuel Pump On - Starter On (Torque above 2/NG 12%) - Ignition On - Idle Control to Low Idle - AV Bus Tie In - Bus 2 On

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Allegedly some of the " sudden shutdown after start-up issues "  have been traced to problems with the DRM not firing up correctly. No idea of the details.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

13 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

It's hard to admit it but CTRL+E does work. Me anyway. I just used it the once, honest.

Incidentally, is there a Twin-Fred reading this thread? I was in PNG last night flying from Jackson. I flew along with another Porter in a nice formation. If you're reading this Fred, I'm RONA. Don't judge me too harshly, that was my very first landing in that kite. It couldn't have been at a more inconvenient airstrip!  

its not Ctrl E model, if you want to use it, go to settings before start and take start MV PC-6 from Runway, not from parking area (so you will have engine running). Its possible to use Ctrl E but condition lever must to be on OFF position, and during start process open it (plus fuel valve on I suppose).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Allegedly some of the " sudden shutdown after start-up issues "  have been traced to problems with the DRM not firing up correctly. No idea of the details.

I tried to repair the I instal but now Windows throws up an "invalid command" notification on startup. I presume it's all to do with WASM helper, whatever on earth that is? I'll try a full delete and reinstall later.

Edited by jarmstro

Just now, jarmstro said:

I tried to repair the I instal but now Windows throws up an "invalid command" notification on startup. I presume it's all to do with WASM helper, whatever on earth that is?

That is the DRM

I recall some people on the main forums having issues with the DRM because they installed somewhere unusual, not sure if that is related to your issues.  It is probably worth your while to check the support forums at Milviz.

You could speed up playback starting at 9:00 as he goes from cold and dark. Especially interesting is at 10:15 I would say.

I am prejudiced against old planes with modern radios but this one and the DC6 are so outstanding otherwise that I make exception to that rule.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.