Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

GeForce driver 496.13 is out!

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

My take on latest drivers, " If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Has worked for me for many years. 

This should be added as the 11th commandment based on my decades plus experience  managing IT which included a 300+ workstation call center.

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

3 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

This should be added as the 11th commandment based on my decades plus experience  managing IT which included a 300+ workstation call center.

FSX wasn't broken, would you like to return to that as well? 😄

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I installed these yesterday and haven't encountered any problems in a couple of hours flying around in MSFS.

Edited by JSmith2112

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

6 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Download nVidia profile inspector, this is the setting you have to turn off:

image.png

Looks like I've been operating under the wrong assumptions. I started using Nvidia Profile Inspector after following Nickn's Bible for FSX (google 'simforums nickn') with great success. But I gave it up after I read somewhere that his methodology didn't apply to later versions of P3D.  I guess I need to check NPI again. Thank you.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

35 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

No. For the same reason, I wouldn't advise a person who owns a perfectly healthy thoroughbred --ride the horse for his daily commute in highspeed highways or freeways.  🙂

• Like 3

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I have used nVidia for many years and have never seen the driver numbers jump over twenty points before.  That should represent a considerable change.  I am seeing my C-172 steam gauge running mid 60s FPS sitting on the tarmac at KROA and mid 70s while flying over surrounding landscape.  Pretty good for my Ryzen 5 5600G and RTX 3060!

Edited by Old_As_Dirt
  • Like 3

John Wingold

I'd wait at least a week before installing any nVidia driver.  Chances are you will see any hotfix in that time.

Regards

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

4 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

I'd wait at least a week before installing any nVidia driver.  Chances are you will see any hotfix in that time.

Regards

bs

I do the same, it's a good strategy.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 10/15/2021 at 5:46 AM, bofhlusr said:

No. For the same reason, I wouldn't advise a person who owns a perfectly healthy thoroughbred --ride the horse for his daily commute in highspeed highways or freeways.  🙂

Not everyone is is running a flight sim only setup.
Many would also be running multiple apps/games that need/would benefit from the latest driver upgrade.

• Like 6

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:57 PM, MrFuzzy said:

Funny, some of the folks that want to install the latest OS, or drivers, the day they are published, are in terror when MSFS rolls out an update....

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Funny, some of the folks that want to install the latest OS, or drivers, the day they are published, are in terror when MSFS rolls out an update....

Well, it's a different scale of issue really.  With a driver update, you get the choice whether to try it or not, and you can always roll it back within a few minutes if you don't like it. 

With MSFS, you cannot choose whether to update or not, and not a chance of rolling back afterwards - it's a one way trip, and historically, it hasn't always been the best experience! :smile:

Personally, I have never had a problem caused by Nvidia driver updates.  Has anyone else?

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Well, it's a different scale of issue really.  With a driver update, you get the choice whether to try it or not, and you can always roll it back within a few minutes if you don't like it. 

With MSFS, you cannot choose whether to update or not, and not a chance of rolling back afterwards - it's a one way trip, and historically, it hasn't always been the best experience! :smile:

Personally, I have never had a problem caused by driver updates.  Has anyone else?

Nope!

Well not true I had a AMD card around 20 years ago....drivers? never again the big N for me nothing else. The very person your quoting has also learnt that.....

More intrested in the new driver for New World than MSFS, 152 hours in the last 18 days..🤪 wont look at MSFS untill SU6 and after a few days of the reports I read on how good or bad it is. But want to get back to my MKI, CRJ etc "soon"

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

13 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Personally, I have never had a problem caused by Nvidia driver updates.  Has anyone else?

A couple of minor cases but considering the number of updates over the number of years I've had practically zero major problems in all that time, usually the issues I face are if I stay on an older driver that causes issues with some games and not others, for example I was on 457 with MSFS for ages and that caused issues with CP2077 and Death Stranding. SO when the drivers became equal par with 457 again (47x I think it was) then those other games were better again but like I said that was all my own doing.

Generally I just update the drivers straight away, same with Windows drivers/software updates, I don't wait I just do and rarely have any problems as I look after my System.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Only when I was using VR: a few driver releases were about 20% slower than 457.30 and I would never have realized it if not for the forums. Finally they fixed VR but it took months and when you lose 20% on a total of 35 fps it's a pain 🙂

This left a mark on the MSFS community, there are people who still stick to 457.30 even if now it is totally unnecessary or even harmful.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

More intrested in the new driver for New World

Just be careful as New World has the ability to brick Nvidia cards...