Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

SU6 now available.

can anyone confirm is IA navlights are working correctly? in my case there is planes that doesn.t have it 

thanks

Brief observations before bed:

After a 9 minute flight in the C172 G1000 with all but the payware EGPH Edinburgh disabled through Addons Linker:

With Live weather, I was getting a fixed 30FPS (which is what I have the sim capped at) rather than it going up to the high 40s as it often does. CPU topped out in the low 20% and GPU never topped 78% (it often goes to 100%).. VRAM was also around 78%. Upon landing, the freeware mini taxi ribbon was still working but strangle turned from green to blue for a small stretch of the taxiiway! I didn't seem to be getting the Azure ATC even though I had no connection issues, unless the sound was just degraded for some reason. Got a gentle buffeting in the wind and my airspeed and altitude were showing on my display, which I've been missing for a couple of weeks for some reason. I'd need to make more flights to check if everything I just typed was going to be the post-update norm.

Had a quick look in the hangar at the Windows 11 livery on the Extra. Not hideous even though I'll probably add it to my delete list.

For now, it's well past time I was sleeping.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

So, I'm kind of not seeing a need to move the LOD slider past 200 or 250 really.  At night the roads don't go out any further and during the day the level of detail is fine for low altitude and high altitude at the cost of about 15-20 FPS.  At high altitude the sepia mask is still there, just not as bad maybe, but the draw distance for the roads is still the same.  The Cube thing has no real impact on performance as far as I can see.

The only thing I don't know about is if those settings require a sim restart to take affect possibly.  I didn't test that.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I noticed the new roll rates available for aerobatic aircraft. It feels a lot better !

An update to the surface drag is also included, but from the few tests I ran I couldn't really notice the change. I'll do further testing...

Before SU6 I was getting pressure jumps on longer flights ( although the longest for me is EGLL - LPPT ), and this is supposedly oe of the fixes. Haven't had the time to test it...

Overall the aircraft still feel wonky and arcadish in a good part, but heck, this sim is unique in rendering the World ! I tok the day yesterday to go for a ride in Alentejo, southern Portugal, and nearby the region of Alcácer ( good wine & food guys, you should really taste it !!! ) there are a few agricultural airfields. These small airfields are all - ALL !!! - represented in MFS.

I actually am trying to set a desktop at the airclub for MFS so that glider student pilots can have a unique familiarization with the area around LPMN. Wow! It's almost like IRL, less the BIG trees, and their #s ... ( way too big and too much... but still acceptable ).

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

The BEST Civil Flightsim IS (this week... ) X-Plane 12.1 beta 7 !!! No other comes even close to it...

Hi,

My update had issues (I also had problems with WU6).

First, when I started MSFS I got the first part of the SU6 update.

I quit the simulator and I opened Microsoft Store, but there was no update at all.

I tried to start MSFS several times, nothing. MSFS didn't start. Then I went back to M Store, to Xbox app... you name it! No success.

Finally, I uninstalled MSFS and installed again. 

Three and a half hours!

Regards.

Edited by John Fields

DA40NG ground steering is all messed up for me.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

16 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Same here, can not make turns while taxiing...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

17 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Vanilla or modded?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Vanilla or modded?

Vanilla 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

9 hours ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Yep. No talk of hot fixes yet. It must be a success!

Give it at least 24 hours.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

9 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

We can all breathe easier then knowing that you aren't.  If a short server outage is an unforgivable offense to you then you must struggle to maintain staff..

I am reminded of the Pointy-Headed Boss in Dilbert demanding "48-hour advance notice of all unplanned shutdowns"...

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

7 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

I figured it out Rob this tv cant run these settings at 60hz and running it at 30hz is a slide show moving mouse around so ill pass on this - new LG 42" tv is coming next year thats suppose to be amazing for gaming - ill get that - I think its going to run at 120hz

Thanks for help Guys and sorry to hijack this post

HDR10 works at 8 bpc output depth, RGB full range. My setting is on and can be toggled, too, so it isn't to do with not having 10 bpc. 8 bpc doesn't affect the ability to display HDR10. Colour variation might be imperceptibly affected (but your PC will be dithering the colours, anyway, as far as I know), but not the dynamic range of the output that makes it HDR.

I think only a dedicated 4K Blu-ray player has the ability to output at true full range and bit depth. I could be wrong. Either way, your 8bpc, RGB full range setting isn't the reason why you can't toggle HDR10 on in the sim, and currently I'm stumped as to what it is, but I'm sure I did have the same issue once...

• Like 1

When is the Hotfix?🙂 Just joking. I have never experienced any issues with MSFS...

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X