Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V4 -Su6 RELEASED

Am I the only one with autopilot roll issues?  Over and undershoots heading bug and rolls back and forth down a localizer. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SAPilot said:

What I have found today is, there could be possible issue with the V4-SU6 mod combined with the WT G1000 NXi  version 0.8.0

Flew a SID with a few intercept way points and the aircraft struggled to remain on course - going left to right all the time.

Removed V4 and put back V3. Tested , and all seems to be fine.

I have also seen that although V4 is better for hand flying, V3 actually flies a tighter autopilot controlled RNAV approach.

V4 seems a bit loose in tracking the magenta line, especially with a light crosswind.. and can actually lose the track altogether. Something I have seen earlier in MSFS history, but not recently.

Hopefully this can be adjusted..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3

Bert

I find this version really not good on a SID, following GPS. I helps if your at a higher speed 135 KTS but even then its all over the place "S" turning. at 120-125 it feels its going to fall out the sky.

Heading mode its better. Once up to cruise speed its fine, better on a STAR.

Try KDCA RWY 33 AMEE1, its all over the place. its not even got any tight turns. 

AP on at 300ft Nxi NAV and FLC set to 125KTS...flaps up below white arc.....135KTS was better but still "S" turning badly on a really simple SID. AMEE1/COLIN

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I admit I've not flown with the NXi in a while.  Maybe something got screwed up with that NXi or the latest sim update?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

19 hours ago, robert young said:

I miss the Legacy too. It was my favourite aircraft of all the ones we made. I would like to learn more about sounds in MSFS as many airstream sound effects are missing from the sim. Thanks for your kind comments which are appreciated.

Rob is there anyway you can turn your magic onto the default Baron?  With the work you've done on the G36 the Baron could surely use some love in the flight dynamics department.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

There are definitely flight path control issues with the NXi, especially on complex procedures or with a stiff xwind component- the overshoots and corrections are very prevalent.  I have reached out to @kaosfere who will respond to Rob as and when his schedule allows. I'm pretty sure WT is busy :).

I am happy that people are noticing all the work done on the FDE since v3- she's a dream to hand fly, and I must admit there have been times I have disconnected everything and used the NXi simply as an advisory and hand flown the procedure- to my delight.  I would urge others to try this exercise in hand flying wonder rather than allowing the automatics to do all the flying.

As the NXi gets more robust, the automatics will approach the fidelity of the flight model.  At the moment I would unhesitatingly state the flight model is quite superb and amongst the best available in SU6. Rob has worked very hard on this mod and it is my hope that the NXi issues will be resolved with cooperative assistance from Working Title in the near future.

C

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thankyou for your ongoing effort, this is an exceptional mod.

I hope your health issues are now under Control.

I threw in a small donation with your link.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

There are definitely flight path control issues with the NXi, especially on complex procedures or with a stiff xwind component- the overshoots and corrections are very prevalent. 

Is this happening without any addons except the NXi?  I admit I haven't tried anything complex lately.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

52 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Rob is there anyway you can turn your magic onto the default Baron?  With the work you've done on the G36 the Baron could surely use some love in the flight dynamics department.

Unfortunately, for reasons only known to Asobo and for absolutely no logical reason (whatever excuse they give), the Baron and other "premium" aircraft are encrypted and therefore not editable or tweakable without a great deal of hassle. I would love to tweak the Baron as it is one of my favourite twins but alas it is not available to tweak. Sorry.

• Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Sorry Ryan- the only things I currently fly are the PMDG DC-6, FBW A320 and Rob's mods.

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I find this version really not good on a SID, following GPS. I helps if your at a higher speed 135 KTS but even then its all over the place "S" turning. at 120-125 it feels its going to fall out the sky.

Heading mode its better. Once up to cruise speed its fine, better on a STAR.

Try KDCA RWY 33 AMEE1, its all over the place. its not even got any tight turns. 

AP on at 300ft Nxi NAV and FLC set to 125KTS...flaps up below white arc.....135KTS was better but still "S" turning badly on a really simple SID. AMEE1/COLIN

I think it is possible to improve navigation response with NXi, but for those getting over/undershoots, the G1000 NXi is not a finished product, or any where near. It is in early beta, so as marvellous as it is, early beta means just that. You cannot expect software in that stage of development to be perfect, or even approaching perfect. However I will have a look at it and see if I can publish a revised autopilot routine.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

5 minutes ago, robert young said:

Unfortunately, for reasons only known to Asobo and for absolutely no logical reason (whatever excuse they give), the Baron and other "premium" aircraft are encrypted and therefore not editable or tweakable without a great deal of hassle. I would love to tweak the Baron as it is one of my favourite twins but alas it is not available to tweak. Sorry.

Shoot the WT guys another message and let them know your interest? Willing to bet they could facilitate getting something workable for you... and if not nothing to lose! 🙂

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

8 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

Very good work, thank you very much! Today I tried this new version of Bonanza in a 12500ft flight in the clouds, The engine and prop defrost are working well, but I couldn't see through the iced windscreen.

I'm flying into Jackson Hole tonight sucking seat.... You're not alone 😉 

Here's my Perspex... a lot cooler than my brow (despite the Cabin Temp) as I keep checking and rechecking MSAs.... Where's Ernie when I need him?

664RJOx.jpg

ulFqiLB.jpg

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 minute ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Shoot the WT guys another message and let them know your interest? Willing to bet they could facilitate getting something workable for you... and if not nothing to lose! 🙂

Apparently the V3 Bonanza does NAV and ILS a little better with SU6 so I will do a comparison and see if I can come up with a small patch to improve things!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sticky said:

Am I the only one with autopilot roll issues?  Over and undershoots heading bug and rolls back and forth down a localizer. 

Well I for one have a similar roll issue with the turbo v4.   I takeoff with some difficulty due to strong crosswind engage autopilot with heading pre selected and the bonanza banks into a turn overshoots the heading bug and just keeps turning with a steep bank.  This is with the WT G1000Nxi.  These roll issues are not there when I revert to default. Grateful if someone can point me in the right direction to correct what I am doing wrong.  Thanks

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."