Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

XP 12 Sneak Peek (Clouds)

8 hours ago, rka said:

Lots of people on the org forums have actually been preaching that 25 fps are absolutely sufficient and that more is not possible. If memory doesn't fail me, you have been one of those people.

Your memory fails you.

Well, come to think of it - I might have said that when I was still flying FSX...

Edited by Janov
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, rka said:

Well there isn't really hardware available that would be an upgrade for you. Alder lake would probably give you 15% more fps at best.

Going for a 12900K plus a new mainboard and DDR5 RAM now would be throwing 1000€ out of the window for 15% and (considering Intel's CPU socket policy) zero futureproofing. My next stop is Zen 4.

That 6900XT is likely gonna last me a few years unless I decide to lose it and go for a 4 or 8k screen. I can't even hear it work at the moment at 1440p.

6 hours ago, rka said:

My 4600H &1650ti laptop is capable of running the competing product absolutely fine in 1080p.

No doubt about that, considering it also runs on an Xbox and was made for a single operating system.

• Upvote 2

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

10 hours ago, mtaxp said:

idle gpu times, they are very common in x-plane 11.

If you follow the Blog, the Vulkan port was supposed to finish with performance optimizations. They totally skipped it. Add to that new clouds, weather system and stuff, and you get 20's FPS. The money is staying in the bank, for however long, even years, until they fix the number one most important thing. FPS.

Edited by Greazer
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Greazer said:

If you follow the Blog, the Vulkan port was supposed to finish with performance optimizations. They totally skipped it.

Prove your claims about LR plans.

If you think older clouds to use more gpu is some sort of a fix that needs to be done, then you are the one mis understanding the entire process.

Frankly if you still think new features are on top of others then you totaly have no idea about it, read other comments in this thread carefully and you will realize why you are wrong, then again, time to stop wasting time on 2-3 individuals here that none taking their claims seriously anymore. In a whatever time, x-plane 12 will be released with better perfroamnce than this, you and the other one here will be proved wrong again but will still come here and insisit that LR fixed stuff for your badgering favor, just like the claims that LR were not working on graphics until MSFS came out although all of this mentioned before it was even announced. A way of overrating self improtance and twisting reality lol

Edited by mtaxp
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

@jarmstro is one says "yes' that it won't work on your current hardware , would that help ?  

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Why, are they unable to accept they can't operate with every graphics option enabled and every slider at it's max setting?  That sounds more like entitlement.

The entire purpose of graphics sliders is to encompass everyone, not to make the "average" user think they can max everything out on "average" hardware.  Sales would increase because it would provide solutions for ALL, no one is being left out or limited.

I can't afford a Lotus Evija ... so Lotus shouldn't build an EV with 2000 HP because not everyone can afford one?  We're fortunate that software can be adjusted to meet all kinds of users budget levels with compromises and we should have choices from low end to top end.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes but the point I am making is that these screenshots and promo vids are  meaningless if the majority of users will never actually be able to see them in their sim. I guess it's a matter of wait and see.

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

@jarmstro is one says "yes' that it won't work on your current hardware , would that help ?  

Not particularly.

Just now, jarmstro said:

Not particularly.

Then don't get your blood pressure running high 😁 , just because someone here talks about bad lighting watching a video shot on a camera and talks about it's very low fps ,  when there is an alpha / beta release all would probably know what are the minimum requirements, I can bet that it will not run well  on my system considering the GPU that I have

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

11 minutes ago, Greazer said:

that do little to help actual FPS numbers

XP11 is doing 250fps and you want more?

AutoATC Developer

16 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Unreal Engine 4 has a Game Thread and a Render Thread as main

Yes, typically UE games render the physics at 10 or 15fps and the graphics at 100fps

XP11/12 would still report that as 10 or 15fps and slow down time.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

18 minutes ago, mSparks said:

XP11 is doing 250fps and you want more?

Well we are talking XP12 sneak peek here, not XP11. And the only data we have is 1/10th of that 😛

Did they state the 60fps you mentioned somewhere? 

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

19 minutes ago, Greazer said:

With all my respect Greazer, im not going to exhaust any more energy while you are clearly lacking basic knowledge about how x-plane works, especially since it was discussed here and many other ocassions but it seems you are not comprehending frankly.

All i'm gonna do is quote this:

https://developer.x-plane.com/2020/11/stuff-we-are-working-on/

"Once we finish rendering features, we can pivot back to performance and push hard on multicore. The next multicore goal is to be able to render multiple views in parallel using multiple cores"

They are still on the adding rendering features time, is that so hard to comprehend? As usual, loud and false claims.

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

What am I looking at? Bug fixes for 11.50 beta? Supposed to prove that LR didn't fix performance bugs? Huh?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2