Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Hotfix ?

56 minutes ago, Farlis said:

People's  overblown expectations never cease to amaze me.

SU7 was released at 17:00 local time for the Dev's on Thursday. That is usually at the end of their workday. And I'm pretty sure Saturday and Sunday are not workdays.

So that leaves only one day after release to react to issues showing up.

We now have 13:00 local time at their office on the following Monday.

How fast do you expect a reaction?

In my work, I would not have been allowed to leave it in a mess like that, they would have called me back, weekend or not 😆

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

28 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Why are flight simmers like this? Silence is deafening? Twelfth of Never? What!? We're talking about the same Asobo that is the most transparent AAA dev in the business? The same dev that has released multiple hotfixes in the past? Guys, stop it. It is not a good look.

Yep people nowadays full of drama apparently. Apparently some think devs are machines with no life. 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Not sure how many that remember the FSX release and the history after that.

Only 2 updates where released before MS closed down the studio.

We had to live with FSX as it was for years, before Dovetail and Lockheed Martin took over and started fixing it.

Now we finally got a new team that keeps releasing service updates (patches) and world updates (enhancements) to a sim that is breathtaking beautifull.

Asobo has told that this is a longterm project, and we are just one year into it..

Yes I agree that many of the issues should have been found and fixed before releasing SU7 (the same as true to some of the other SU's), but still I´m very happy to see the pace of develpement, but offcourse I hope they will release a Hotfix for SU7.

I guess the reason for the heated and sometimes angry, debates regarding bugs comes down to the passionate customers, who migh be to the nerdy side of human behaviour.

Take it easy - two steps forward and one step back is still getting You forward.

Edited by Wothan
  • Like 4

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

25 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Why are flight simmers like this? Silence is deafening? Twelfth of Never? What!? We're talking about the same Asobo that is the most transparent AAA dev in the business? The same dev that has released multiple hotfixes in the past? Guys, stop it. It is not a good look.

You're missing the bigger picture, whilst their Q&As are good, their actual communication on important topics is severely lacking. Just look at the Flaps fiasco and the silence thereafter into they eventually released a Hotfix, they have a history of burying their heads in the sand when things get rough and they're seemingly doing it again.

I mean come on, the mouse in VR bug is something a single indie dev wouldn't release let alone a company the size of Asobo with the backing of the gigantic Microsoft....but what do we get? Nothing, no apology for the regression, no immediate indication it's going to be fixed, just silence....

• Like 5

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

SU7 was released at 17:00 local time for the Dev's on Thursday. That is usually at the end of their workday. And I'm pretty sure Saturday and Sunday are not workdays.

I have another sim I use; IL2 Sturmovik Great Battles series.

For updates they never tie themselves to a release date so when it happens it’s a welcome surprise. Also, they only release an update at the beginning of the week- usually a Tuesday.

If something does need a hot fix they release it within hours or the next day.  Everyone in their forums seems happy and confident in this arrangement.

Asobo seem to have got themselves into a “we’ve got this date and we’ve got to release come hell or high water” situation and it doesn’t seem to do them or their customers much good.

Why release at the end of the week and why tie yourself to a specific date either?

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

@MarcG Severely lacking? Bruh lol. Apart from their Q&As are you forgetting about the bug and wish lists which give updates on how and when they're being dealt with? You bring up the flaps issue but it got a hotfix so I don't really see your point. A VR mouse bug in an indie game is not the same as that bug being in something like MSFS. Look at the horizon line showing through terrain bug for instance. Sounds simple to fix, right? But they informed us that it is an issue embedded deep in the rendering pipeline and will take time to get sorted,. There's that transparency again! You are cherry picking things to lace your complaints with hyperbole.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Asobo should stop following the upvoted items. The top items has 1800 votes but there are a milion users.

All the wasted time spent on "trees"  If you want a study sim, act like you want it!

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

8 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Asobo seem to have got themselves into a “we’ve got this date and we’ve got to release come hell or high water” situation and it doesn’t seem to do them or their customers much good.

This isn't always the case. This mostly happens is when the update has some sort of marketing push attached to it.  SU7 has the Reno Races and SU5 had the Xbox release if I remember correctly. Asobo have delayed updates "to get it right" in the past. I don't know why our memories are so foggy all of a sudden.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

7 minutes ago, Krakin said:

You bring up the flaps issue but it got a hotfix so I don't really see your point

10 days after the community fixed it within hours.

7 minutes ago, Krakin said:

@MarcG Severely lacking? Bruh lol. Apart from their Q&As are you forgetting about the bug and wish lists which give updates on how and when they're being dealt with? You bring up the flaps issue but it got a hotfix so I don't really see your point. A VR mouse bug in an indie game is not the same as that bug being in something like MSFS. Look at the horizon line showing through terrain bug for instance. Sounds simple to fix, right? But they informed us that it is an issue embedded deep in the rendering pipeline and will take time to get sorted,. There's that transparency again! You are cherry picking things to lace your complaints with hyperbole.

#Facepalm mate, if you want to bury your head in the sand go ahead but first do a bit of research into the Mouse in VR bug before you go any further and you'll soon realise what a  schoolboy error it is.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Don't be so amazed, take a look on your own in the official forums since the release last Thursday. They indeed (MS/Asobo) mentioned they fixed already some issues with the SDK (fixes not yet released).

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

I don't want to stress the Asobo team with my question about the short time since the SU7 was released. My question was meant if there is one planned because I don't hear anything about it, but would consider a hotfix under these conditions to be appropriate, therefore the demand..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

In my work, I would not have been allowed to leave it in a mess like that, they would have called me back, weekend or not 😆

This counts for me also! I'm a scrum master and deal with lots nog releases! I would also have to work weekends IF bugs are found which have huge impact on customers side and experience, especially when no workaround is possible

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

This counts for me also! I'm a scrum master and deal with lots nog releases! I would also have to work weekends IF bugs are found which have huge impact on customers side and experience, especially when no workaround is possible

Yes but the difference here is this is a computer game. People aren't going to die or have their livelihoods severely impacted because there's some bugs in it...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

Microsoft, the publisher, set release schedules "come hell or high water", not Asobo.

It shouldn't be a surprise any more, because this is how it's been across the games industry for years. The philosophy is always "We'll just fix it later".

It's entirely up to Microsoft whether or not they ditch set release schedules and allow Asobo more freedom to fix things before release.

Which still isn't to say some bugs might not get through, but the situation should improve.

Edited by March Hare
  • Like 3

I've come to realize that us customers (whether we like it or not) have become beta testers for Asobo, and to be honest, I don't have a problem with it, after years with XP, I've learned to accept it. But, and yes there is a but, why is Asobo making these beta updates mandatory is beyond me, at least with XP you have an option to opt-in betas or stay out of them.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo